[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

15 minutes ago, pblogic said:

So, If I'm understanding the sheet correctly, it looks like the best value for 1000w is the Corsair rm1000x 2021? Am I reading this correctly as Tier A gold? At 189$ It looks like the best priced tier a gold psu.

Pretty much, in US at least. With EVGA G6 being close second (worth it to go for RM-x even if it's more expensive if you need 1kW tho, unless you're size constrained).

8 minutes ago, pblogic said:

Nevermind, just saw this list was end of life for some reason? The list over at cultists is newer, and has the EVGA G6 on there as well.

Correct.

22 minutes ago, adarw said:

i never asked this before but how do you guys know how good a power supply is?

By reading and analyzing proper, professional reviews.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

14 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Start a new thread that includes your location and complete system specs. 

well. i purchased a 12400f and running a RX480 at the moment on my old PC wich will migrate to the new one! i know that 750w is plenty, in fact my 550w plus right now is been handling a 4790k with the 480 for years, however i want to have ton of extra room for later purchases especially for a newer GPU... in my local store i can find that for 150 or cooler master MWE V2 750 wich i saw is in terrible spot on the list... if i extend the room to 195 wich is quite an stretch i may find a Seasonic GX-850 (SSR-850FX)...

The other thing that i can do is use amazon, in my country we pay ton of taxes but i can potentially buy a RMX 750 for 162dls... however if it comes broken, i may have some problems here because the legal norms here in the third world are kinda terrible.

Thanks

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

On 9/29/2021 at 7:44 PM, Jayjr1105 said:

G3 was Superflower Leadex II, one of the best JonnyGuru scores of 9.8/10(must use archive.org to find the review).  Can't imagine EVGA would chance their PSU reputation with a G3 bomb.  Just buy a Superflower Leadex III for less if you're worried about OEM, there's no question who the OEM is there.

Nice, I own a superflower leadex II 650w which I bought 2 years ago, didnt know it is so good.

Anything worth to upgrade it? Since I dont see it anymore on psu tier list from cultist.

Why Seasonic S12II and S12III is marked as tier D PSU?

*and I just see the update on psucultist, it's in tier E 🙀. Why?

Edited by benzema003

2 hours ago, benzema003 said:

Why Seasonic S12II and S12III is marked as tier D PSU?

There are footnotes, read them.

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on the internals of the MF700F from the pics in the other thread:

I know it's probably at least 2 years too early to discuss FlexATX, but with the Silverstone FX600 Platinum coming out, and the 1100W SFX and 1300W SFX-L coming out soon as well (there's a decent chance that's gonna shift consumer awareness and/or mindshare in the western markets)

8 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Any thoughts on the internals of the MF700F from the pics in the other thread:

There are near zero reviews on any FlexATX PSUs so far so they aren't really in the scope of this tier list (yet).

Speaking of that thing, looks modern enough, LLC resonant primary, DC-DC secondary, cheap ChengX main cap of questionable quality but it's secondary that matters and i can't make out anything from there. In any case, we need proper reviews to put it higher than tier C anyway, even if we'll start adding FlexATX.

Hi what is really the difference between single and multi rail ?

Because i kinda want the ASUS thor psu or is there a better alternative because i want to buy a gold name one from the list 

Can you suggest me an alternative

1 hour ago, Lord John said:

Hi what is really the difference between single and multi rail ?

Multi rail means the PSU has protections to safely shut down if there is a very high load on a single rail. E.g. if you have a 850W single rail PSU, you could draw 850W through a single SATA connector without the PSU shutting down. A multi rail PSU would shut down. 

Single rail just means the PSU manufacturer cheaped out and did not include that protection. 

Because i kinda want the ASUS thor psu or is there a better alternative because i want to buy a gold name one from the list 

It's a downgraded Seasonic Prime with an OLED display that will fail way before the rest of the PSU. 

Can you suggest me an alternative

No one can come with meaningful recommendations without knowing what you're powering or where you're buying from. All of which you should specify in your own thread instead of just dumping it here. 

Screenshot_20220224-055601.thumb.jpg.3524d1d48844305b240fe1d8c83f65de.jpg

:)

2 hours ago, Lord John said:

i want to buy a gold name one

Pure Gold - Donald Trump Kissing | Make a Meme

13 hours ago, Juular said:

There are near zero reviews on any FlexATX PSUs so far so they aren't really in the scope of this tier list (yet).

Speaking of that thing, looks modern enough, LLC resonant primary, DC-DC secondary, cheap ChengX main cap of questionable quality but it's secondary that matters and i can't make out anything from there. In any case, we need proper reviews to put it higher than tier C anyway, even if we'll start adding FlexATX.

Thank you very much. Yeah I understand the constraints, just the general thoughts, outlook like this; from you, or any of the other regular posters, is more than enough. It helps me greatly to, with greater accuracy, visualize roughly where it fits in compared other FLEX competitors. All of them compared to SFX/SFX-L. And how the manufacturer fits in (old company, but new to consumer space), and so on.

Either way I'm grateful to see a proper review of EVGA's "GT" line.  Looks like I made a decent decision buying it 16 months ago, which was during the Great PSU Shortage of 2020-21 in which one couldn't afford to be too picky.

7 hours ago, Boombastik said:

The corsair cv 750 is like the 650? DC DC to minor lines?

Yes.  

Hello everyone cheers from Venezuela, I'm a bit worried about shopping decisions when comes to psu and more if I'm from Venezuela because  its risky because i need to buy a reliable psu and have luck in not returning it from Venezuela back to usa because is so expensive.

So right now i have this pc computer parts:
Ryzen 5 1600  (no the AF) the first gen amd gen only
ddr4 patriot 3200  4x2 gb (8gb)
GPU EVGA GTX 1060 ACX 3.0 or so it has 2 fans.  (right now my monitor dies and i'm using an old gtx 580, so thats why i'm going to buy too through amazon a VGA to DVI-D active to connect back my gtx 1060 again
current psu is a Thermaltake ToughPower 770 bronze (from 2009)

as you see is a bit messy, but this psu is dying, like If i shutdown the switch and go to bed for 8 hours, next day, when I switch on the psu, the pc will take a bit to turn on, also the bios will reset automatically.. and yeah this psu is passing to a better life

For these reason i wanted to ask ,which of these 3 psu would you recommend to my current setup?

I saw this 3 psu in Amazon:
1- EVGA SUPERNOVa GT 650 GA:  88$:
https://www.amazon.com/-/es/totalmente-automático-autoprobador-alimentación-220-GT-0650-Y1/dp/B088SSX883/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_es_US=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=1WYBEIVK3WKF2&keywords=power+supply+650+watts+gold&qid=1646439662&sprefix=power+supply+650+watts+go%2Caps%2C847&sr=8-3

2-
  EVGA Supernova 220-G2-0550-Y1  PRICE: 84$
https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Supernova-220-G2-0550-Y1-alimentación-totalmente-modular/dp/B07W956JBC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

And lasty but not least:

This CORSAIR RM650X
https://www.amazon.com/-/es/gp/product/B079H6111J/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Thing is by reading comments on both EVGA I saw people reffering that both EVGA products were in somehow (fakes) not totally modular, and the cables not that good

And I don't know right now is this Corsair RM650x? is a much better decision?
Thing is i'm a bit afraid of expending much money I'm so short right now with the economy but i need to do this otherwise I wont be able to sustain my family by working on this current pc, and blah blah

Sorry for the drama, and thanks for your help
Also I highly apologies for my ugly English 😄

Thanks.

36 minutes ago, xenthusiastx said:

Thanks.

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

Is Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 NON ARGB much different than the ARGB version ?

Only ARBG verison are mentioned in the tier list

I plan to buy the GF1 650W FULL MODULAR 80+ GOLD (so not RGB), the RGB verison is like twice it price in my country...

Edited by Flod

On 3/4/2022 at 9:02 PM, jonnyGURU said:

Thank so much, I will do that.

• 2 weeks later...