[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

7 minutes ago, testcy said:

And strangely CX600M has good reviews same as CX430.

Reviews from 10 years ago

35 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

if they are amazon reviews or similar ignore them. If the psu works people will give positive review, even if its a shit unit because to them, its good if it even works.

Not amazon reviews.

30 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Reviews from 10 years ago

Are positive reviews from 10 years ago negative now?

20 minutes ago, testcy said:

Are positive reviews from 10 years ago negative now?

Would a 10 year positive review of a Radeon HD 7970, I7 3770K or Galaxy S3 have much meaning now?

:)

29 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Would a 10 year positive review of a Radeon HD 7970, I7 3770K or Galaxy S3 have much meaning now?

It could have meaning if you are still using them, but a good 600W PSU from 10 years ago is not a good 600W PSU today?

12 minutes ago, testcy said:

It could have meaning if you are still using them, but a good 600W PSU from 10 years ago is not a good 600W PSU today?

No. 10years ago a group regulated unit like the CX430 and CX600M was usual. For todays hardware it's garbage because it doesn't meet de voltage regulation, response time and stability that recent hardware requires. That's because groupregulated units are Tier D at best. Besides that a 10 year old PSU that was mediocore at best when it was new isn't reliable anymore because of aging of the components, high ripple and instability.

15 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

No. 10years ago a group regulated unit like the CX430 and CX600M was usual. For todays hardware it's garbage because it doesn't meet de voltage regulation, response time and stability that recent hardware requires. That's because groupregulated units are Tier D at best. Besides that a 10 year old PSU that was mediocore at best when it was new isn't reliable anymore because of aging of the components, high ripple and instability.

If I still have an unopened CX430 or CX600M, should I not use it with new hardware and throw it away?

Pobably the ripplefiltering is bad bacause of the aged caps. Don't use it with recent hardware.

20 hours ago, --SID-- said:

Pobably the ripplefiltering is bad bacause of the aged caps. Don't use it with recent hardware.

Do caps age even if a PSU was never used and was stored in its box for years?

33 minutes ago, testcy said:

Do caps age even if a PSU was never used and was stored in its box for years?

Yes

On 1/9/2023 at 6:07 PM, --SID-- said:

Yes

What is the worst case scenario if I use it with recent hardware?

Corsair seems to release RMe PSU. Are they any good?

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

1 hour ago, Chiyawa said:

Corsair seems to release RMe PSU. Are they any good?

RMe is released 6 months back. It's a decent PSU but the quality is lower than RM and RMx so must be cheaper than those.

On 1/15/2023 at 1:47 PM, testcy said:

What is the worst case scenario if I use it with recent hardware?

Parts should be damaged because of the high ripple and using an old PSU with outdated design in a new system should cause instability, coilwine and shutdowns.

19 hours ago, --SID-- said:

RMe is released 6 months back. It's a decent PSU but the quality is lower than RM and RMx so must be cheaper than those.

So, in the Tier list, which will RMe be?

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

On 1/19/2023 at 4:06 AM, Chiyawa said:

So, in the Tier list, which will RMe be?

Tier-A, but not gold highlighted.

Hi, I recently stumbled on this thread again and noticed that my Segotep GP600G was put in C tier low priority with the following explanation:

[4] Two versions of Segotep GP-G exist, older v1 version is non-LLC resonant and they're very hard to extinguish externally, hence model tiering based on v1.

I remember it being higher or at least not in the low priority category back when I bought it 2 years or so ago. I'm guessing mine is v1 since it has "V.1.0" after the S/N. What does non-LLC resonant mean exactly and should I be worried?

Attached pic of the PSU

segotep_gp600g.jpg

On 1/27/2023 at 4:25 PM, Av.Kalashnikov said:

Is this PSU Tier B everyone ? It shows Input Voltage at 100-240V instead of Full Range which is listed in Tier B.

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/mwe-series/mwe-700-bronze-v2/#specifications

100-240v is full range. Yes, it's Tier B but I recommand to get a better quality unit if you really need 700w. Only because of the topology and protections MWE V2 full range is in Tier B. The quality is a bit disapointing.

• 3 weeks later...

Which one is better Cooler Master Mwe 650V2 Bronze 230V or XPG Pylon?

And what wattage i need to buy for build pc with I3 12100F and RX580

On 2/21/2023 at 2:12 PM, ToyCrane said:

Which one is better Cooler Master Mwe 650V2 Bronze 230V or XPG Pylon?

And what wattage i need to buy for build pc with I3 12100F and RX580

The Pylon and 550w is plenty but the price difference with 650w is usually very small.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Gian said:

@LukeSavenije Hello mate. It would be awesome if you could update this with rev 17

It's been moved to another site.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

11 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

It's been moved to another site.

Is it so they can draw traffic on one site and monetize it?
It seems reasonable

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone! What is your opinion about the new Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850W PSU?