Nutcoin is Coming!

I am not happy about your condescending demeanor toward me (and others here) and I have read that article already(which was very interesting I might add) however it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. The only way I am okay with condescension is when you know something I don't and you have yet to tell me something I don't already know. But the fact of the matter is Bitcoin already happened and everything that happens afterwards is now affected by the waves caused by Bitcoin. In other words nothing will take the world by surprise in the way Bitcoin did since it is not a surprise anymore. That is unless the thing is so radically different than Bitcoin it can be interpreted as an entirely new thing entirely. And I assure nothing I can tell is particularly shocking about Nutcoin or Feathercoin or even Litecoin.

So tell me right now specifically... what is the reason Nutcoin will not fade into obscurity like the thousands of other currencies? Don't give me nothing ventured nothing gained either or anything to dodge my question. I am giving you a direct question and I expect nothing less than a direct answer.

You have dedicated personnel: yeah so do other currencies

You are advertising on various tech forums: so do other currencies

You have a strange name: yep so do others and so on

I was not trying to be condescending, I was attempting to be humoruos in that you had said, "Success is based off the amount of people who use it not the amount of work put into it so I think the OP is investing a lot of time and effort into something that he shouldn't. Although I have accepted I will never convince him of it." and I just refuse to take myself so seriously that while I understand your arguments and of course in a black and white world, you are quite correct, the likelyhood of this coin succeeding where hundreds others might fail is probably not the greatest just like starting a new business, and if you would read my post from very early this morning on the official Nutcoin thread, I think you will see that I don't exactly have my head in the sand over what is taking place in the altcoin world and I am actually attempting to educate others to what I believe is currently on our doorstep right now: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397938.msg5595163#msg5595163 The fact is, this is as much hobby for me as it is serious business, I'm not relying on Nutcoin to pay my bills. Yesterday I made some good coin playing MazaCoin on the exchange (MintPal.com), until it fell out from under me and I ended up losing a little bit because I couldn't get out of the way of the fall fast enough. I wish I didn't lose, but I slept just fine last night. Sometimes, it's just like Jesus Christ (whom I put much faith in), it's just good to put some faith into something and to have a little dream and if it goes kaput on me, I'll probably be sad about it for a couple of days, but I doubt I will lose a lot of sleep over it. As I've alluded to previously, I can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time, I mine other altcoins and use the proceeds to either bank in the form of Bitcoin or play the market with to see if I can earn some more to bank in Bitcoin, some people would call it diversification and I'm sure you know that, because you appear to be a reasonably intellegent person, but when I write and post on here, you are not the only one who I hope will benefit from my words and while what I have to say may appear to be condecending to you personally, sometimes they might be educational for the less well informed, which is my hope, but I have also not come outside this thread looking to attack you, it is you coming in to attack me and when I'm being attacked, I tend to get defensive and as best possible, I try to find ways to defend myself without getting personal and it is possible that is coming through in my writing. I have less than zero against you personally, I don't know you from nothing, just like anybody else who posts on this thread. However, I'm intellegent enough to know when I'm being attacked and I will attempt to defend myself. At the same time, I would hope that on the occasions people are attempting to actually gain knowledge from me and it appears that I might be talking down to them, that is because I don't always know what their knowledge level is on a subject and I would rather talk under them than over them in the hopes that I don't just blow them out of the water to the point that they just walk away because they get the impression that I'm lightyears ahead of them and while I might be on a particular subject, if I talk over them, they learn nothing.

I was not trying to be condescending, I was attempting to be humoruos in that you had said, "Success is based off the amount of people who use it not the amount of work put into it so I think the OP is investing a lot of time and effort into something that he shouldn't. Although I have accepted I will never convince him of it." and I just refuse to take myself so seriously that while I understand your arguments and of course in a black and white world, you are quite correct, the likelyhood of this coin succeeding where hundreds others might fail is probably not the greatest just like starting a new business, and if you would read my post from very early this morning on the official Nutcoin thread, I think you will see that I don't exactly have my head in the sand over what is taking place in the altcoin world and I am actually attempting to educate others to what I believe is currently on our doorstep right now: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397938.msg5595163#msg5595163 The fact is, this is as much hobby for me as it is serious business, I'm not relying on Nutcoin to pay my bills. Yesterday I made some good coin playing MazaCoin on the exchange (MintPal.com), until it fell out from under me and I ended up losing a little bit because I couldn't get out of the way of the fall fast enough. I wish I didn't lose, but I slept just fine last night. Sometimes, it's just like Jesus Christ (whom I put much faith in), it's just good to put some faith into something and to have a little dream and if it goes kaput on me, I'll probably be sad about it for a couple of days, but I doubt I will lose a lot of sleep over it. As I've alluded to previously, I can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time, I mine other altcoins and use the proceeds to either bank in the form of Bitcoin or play the market with to see if I can earn some more to bank in Bitcoin, some people would call it diversification and I'm sure you know that, because you appear to be a reasonably intellegent person, but when I write and post on here, you are not the only one who I hope will benefit from my words and while what I have to say may appear to be condecending to you personally, sometimes they might be educational for the less well informed, which is my hope, but I have also not come outside this thread looking to attack you, it is you coming in to attack me and when I'm being attacked, I tend to get defensive and as best possible, I try to find ways to defend myself without getting personal and it is possible that is coming through in my writing. I have less than zero against you personally, I don't know you from nothing, just like anybody else who posts on this thread. However, I'm intellegent enough to know when I'm being attacked and I will attempt to defend myself. At the same time, I would hope that on the occasions people are attempting to actually gain knowledge from me and it appears that I might be talking down to them, that is because I don't always know what their knowledge level is on a subject and I would rather talk under them than over them in the hopes that I don't just blow them out of the water to the point that they just walk away because they get the impression that I'm lightyears ahead of them and while I might be on a particular subject, if I talk over them, they learn nothing.

However you are trying to inform people of something that you yourself do not know will truly succeed. You said you are just putting a little faith in it's success which I can respect. However convincing others to put their faith on something is something potentially dangerous is a little different. I have nothing against you as a person but I am against what you are trying to do here which is convince people to invest in nutcoin. People who are not fully informed may not know that cryptocurrency is as risky as it is and like you said you can be burned from it. And although you can get a good nights sleep after losing money someone else might not. 

Nutcoin very well might be the currency to take off and people who invest because of you will be in your debt. However if it does not they may now be out a lot of money and it will also be on you. And unfortunately the odds greatly favor the latter option. 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

However you are trying to inform people of something that you yourself do not know will truly succeed. You said you are just putting a little faith in it's success which I can respect. However convincing others to put their faith on something is something potentially dangerous is a little different. I have nothing against you as a person but I am against what you are trying to do here which is convince people to invest in nutcoin. People who are not fully informed may not know that cryptocurrency is as risky as it is and like you said you can be burned from it. And although you can get a good nights sleep after losing money someone else might not. 

Nutcoin very well might be the currency to take off and people who invest because of you will be in your debt. However if it does not they may now be out a lot of money and it will also be on you. And unfortunately the odds greatly favor the latter option. 

Yes, I would certainly not recommend to anybody to invest real money into altcoins right now, I believe the market is headed for a crash. Too many coins have been introduced into the market too fast, in fact I investegated 7 new launches that occurred just today and there's a couple more set for tomorrow. The cause of the crash will be this continual rush of new coins into the market, there is not enough demand to keep up and it is significanly lowering the prices of these altcoins, also most of these coins have little to no value outside the exchanges where they are simply riding the back of Bitcoin and a few other coin's successes. It's not a healthy market and I think a lot of coins are going to be dead and done very soon and while I can see that coming, I can't tell you which ones will survive for sure, when the money rushes for the exit doors pretty soon even some of what I might consider the more healthy coins might be severly hurt even more than some with seemingly lesser value. Personally, all I have invested into altcoin mining is my mining rigs, electricity and my own time. If worse ever comes to worse, I can sell my 7 GPU's and I'll just have to eat the lost electricity and time. I play the market strictly with mined or profit coins earned through trading and not a single dollar sent to any exchange to be converted into any crypto, not even Bitcoin. All this being said, it is my belief that crypos in one form or another have a bright future ahead of them, but where there are now maybe 200-300 altcoins, we may end up looking at 50 or even much less in the near future and it is also my belief that consolidation will in the long run be healthy for the market, it's just the getting from here to there that's going to be painful. It's my belief that we are seeing the leading edge of a storm in the crypto world and I think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Nutcoin, I don't know for sure, but Nutcoin seems to be taking the tortoise approach rather than the hare approach and just maybe that's going to help add stability in the long term and that's my hope. I will be perfectly clear in telling everyone, any market like this, including the stock markets, currency markets (fiat or crypto) or the commodity markets are all forms of gambling and I would never recommend to anybody that they invest a single penny into any of them if they couldn't afford to lose that penny or dollar or...

Nutcoin is now listed on AllCrypt.com. Good news! After weeks of voting by Nutcoin supporters leading up to the launch of AllCrypt.com a new coin exchange, Nutcoin has proudly found its spot on this exchange at its launch. It is the hope of all Nutcoin supporters that this will help us to turn the corner towards general acceptability of Nutcoin as a legitemate transactionable cryptocurrency.

I'm going to encourage all Nutcoin supporters to make a sale posting on AllCrypt.com, we worked hard to get them to list us on their site, now we need to show them there was a reason for adding us. Please don't dump your coins, we know there will be dumpers and nobody can control that, I personally made a 500k posting, but they're set at the current highest listed price, because I refuse to just dump my coins, but we want to get noticed as a serious contender and having actual coins for sale will help to do that. Even 500 coin sale postings would be good.

Our next goal has to be in getting interest in our coin built up, we can do that both by continuing to make others aware of, and finding uses for our coin. I have 1,000,000 Nutcoins for the first person that produces a retail or gaming site that accepts Nutcoins as a method of payment and I would appreciate getting others to join me in that pledge.

Please don't give up on your voting with https://www.mintpal.com/voting, https://cryptorush.in/index.php?p=vote and others where we're listed for voting or in the case of Cryptsy, keep petitioning them to be added to their voting page.

We're beginning to gain a little momentum here, we've got to continue pushing and good things will come for all of us!

Find out more about Nutcoin and its supporters, visit the following:

http://www.nutcoin.com/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397938.0

http://www.overclock.net/t/1457860/nut-nutcoin-fan-club-the-time-of-nut-has-arrived-d/450

i will vote for nutcoin if it was in cryptsy!!

I may start mine them in 1 week

• 3 weeks later...

edit

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Start mining it on day one, make a couple bucks and bail. That's what a lot of (honestly, smart) people are doing.

I have a friend from school (now works in my building) who's made some five thousand dollars because he bought two 290's when they were cheap and started mining Dogecoin early on. He's not complaining.

Once you make back your initial investment, take that much out in cash. Then everything else you make is net profit.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Start mining it on day one, make a couple bucks and bail. That's what a lot of (honestly, smart) people are doing.

I have a friend from school (now works in my building) who's made some five thousand dollars because he bought two 290's when they were cheap and started mining Dogecoin early on. He's not complaining.

Once you make back your initial investment, take that much out in cash. Then everything else you make is net profit.

I've been guilty of doing that myself, but Nutcoin is kind of like my home coin/long term project and the one that I've singlely invested the most time into. Most all of the other coins I have mined were to turn into cash/Bitcoin. I've also got another long term coin, BlackCoin, but it can no longer be mined directly, but I get interest (stake) payments on it regularly. The only way to get BlackCoins now is to buy them off the exchange or start mining one of the multipools that mine other coins to convert to Bitcoin to buy BlackCoin to pay out to the miners.

• 10 months later...

I still have about 5 million of these, are they worth anything now?

If my Googl'ing was correct. Then you have around a dollar's worth of Nutcoin.

But since I know little of crypt currencies, I could be wrong.

cryptocurrencies will never become a socially acceptable thing, if we just keep inventing new, useless ones.

yeah they arent going to catch on and they havent been. look at most cryptocurriencies they either die early on or dont catch on 

What's next ballsxxx coin? C'mon, we only need bitcoin!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I remember being shunned on a forum, quite literally, for telling people that bitcoins were an investment like any other, and that the risks were high. People categorically denied this. They operated under the assumption that buying bitcoins was literally free money. When BTCs went down from $1200 to $700, the forum flared up "BUY BUY BUY". Hundreds bought bitcoins for $700 each. Anyone who dared to say "be careful" and "don't invest what you can't lose", you'd be laughed at for even considering the possibility that bitcoins could go down. The arguments were diverse and not particularly convincing, and the advantages that bitcoins paled in comparison fiat currencies backed by the wealth of lively nations.

Criticizing the weaknesses of the economic model which has been used during humanity's most wealthy period in human history is important and reasonable, but why should it insure the growth of a different system which itself was plagued by irrecoverable fraud and thefts much bigger in scope (relatively) than anything we've seen in our current banking system (which is itself deeply flawed and grossly unfair).

The dogmatic zeal with which the bitcoin "apologists" (for a lack of a better word) defended their deity, the bitcoin, was absolutely sickening, and I think it's incredibly sad that so many people lost their savings because of the sheer level of certainty and optimism that was displayed all over the internet.

That said nutcoin are a foolproof cryptocurrency and we're all going to be millionaires. Cheers!

I feel like the title of this is supposed to be a pun. "nutcoin is cumming"

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

So, I'm trying to just learn how cryptocurrency and mining works because I'm curious and know nothing about it, but I keep getting a "502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.2.1" error message when I try to go to the link http://www.nutcoin.com. Anybody know why that is?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

So, I'm trying to just learn how cryptocurrency and mining works because I'm curious and know nothing about it, but I keep getting a "502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.2.1" error message when I try to go to the link http://www.nutcoin.com. Anybody know why that is?

Yep, their site is broken. Way to make an appearance :)

Yep, their site is broken. Way to make an appearance  :)

I do what I can.  :P

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

So that's what ASIC miners are then? Just CPU miners?

ASIC stands for Application Specific Integrated Circuit. In simple terms with its a purpose build computer, this means unlike standard computers which are general purpose processors designed for a vast instruction sets an ASIC is designed to do one type of calculation and one type of calculation only, nothing else. In the case of Bitcoin SHA 256 hashing

The goal is to do that one set of instructions as fast as possible with as little power draw as possible.

Wait, you can CPU mine?

Yes but the amount of heat is crazy

Considering I was this [.] close to frying my 9590

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

In my opinion, this is the most unoriginal coin ever!

Except for Dogecoin. At least this didn't take some shitty meme as the face of their currency.

That title though... It makes you think...