Nutcoin is Coming!

Wtf wasnt bitcoin enough!!!!!! Damn im startimg to think the power companies are behind this craze. power hungry video cards being ran 24/7 at 100% with 1000+ power suplies means wackton cash for the power co. Althougb it may be costing the oil/gas co cuz people are heating there houses with all the heat from the cards lol

Lemme guess, crazy environmentalist? 

Lemme guess, crazy environmentalist? 

hell no!!!! just anoyed at suply and demand concept.

Lemme guess, never owned stocks?

yeah but wasnt taken serious. i had $10every two weeks taken out for a few months for walmart stock but cashed it out when i silently rage quit the dump dont even remember how mutch it was.

Wtf wasnt bitcoin enough!!!!!! Damn im startimg to think the power companies are behind this craze. power hungry video cards being ran 24/7 at 100% with 1000+ power suplies means wackton cash for the power co. Althougb it may be costing the oil/gas co cuz people are heating there houses with all the heat from the cards lol

I must say, the trolls are heavy on this site. :P You're right of course, I just ordered 5 new PowerColor R9 270X cards to mine with and a new 1000 watt platinum power supply and as soon as the 48 hour time span on Newegg's quanitiy limitations pass, I'm gonna order another video card to burn electricity with, I'm trying to insure the insides of those power generating plants stay warm... just trying to take one for the team and do my part. ;)

Nutcoin Is Coming! :D

I must say, the trolls are heavy on this site. You're right of course, I just ordered 5 new PowerColor R9 270X cards to mine with and a new 1000 watt platinum power supply and as soon as the 48 hour time span on Newegg's quanitiy limitations pass, I'm gonna order another video card to burn electricity with, I'm trying to insure the insides of those power generating plants stay warm... just trying to do my part.

You say nothing ventured nothing gained but when you bet everything on a house of cards don't be surprised if you lose everything. I can tell you are either new to mining or new to cryptocurrencies based off your mining rig and faith in this stupid dime-a-40000000-dozen currency. 270x are hardly mining cards and you would mine your own currency more effectively with a 280x anyway. Plus 1000w of platinum power probably will not run 7 270x anyway

So the conclusion I have reached is you are either in the pocket of the maker of the currency(in which case you have been scammed), you are the maker of the currency and you are either trying to scam others or stupid, or finally you just discovered cryptocurrency yesterday and you think you know something the rest of the world does not. 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

You say nothing ventured nothing gained but when you bet everything on a house of cards don't be surprised if you lose everything. I can tell you are either new to mining or new to cryptocurrencies based off your mining rig and faith in this stupid dime-a-40000000-dozen currency. 270x are hardly mining cards and you would mine your own currency more effectively with a 280x anyway. Plus 1000w of platinum power probably will not run 7 270x anyway

So the conclusion I have reached is you are either in the pocket of the maker of the currency(in which case you have been scammed), you are the maker of the currency and you are either trying to scam others or stupid, or finally you just discovered cryptocurrency yesterday and you think you know something the rest of the world does not. 

Have you seen me ask anybody for anything? Hense, no scam. My only interest in this venture is my investment in time and electricity and the fact that I am currently holding 5.68M of these coins. Edit*** Before you say it, I did ask for something in my prior post, I asked for a vote on a non-associated web page in order to try to get this coin listed on their new exchange. I hope that's not out of bounds.

You are quite right about one 1000 watt power supply running all my video cards, I don't recall stating this was all going to be done on one rig, because, it's going to be (for now) four cards on one rig and three on a second. If you would do your homework on GPU's, you will find that two R9 270X cards put out more hash than a singe R9 290X and are cheaper to buy. I'm currently getting 444.0Kh/s out of a single Sapphire R9 270X OC 4GB card, compare double that to even the best single R9 290X on this list: https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison I'll let you do your own price comparisons.

As for my being in the pocket of the dev. of this coin, I've never met him either personally, or electronically in any way, not even a message board conversation on the official site : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397938.0  you're welcome to go check, the dev.'s screen name is: dmx734 and mine is RouletteRun, if anything, you'll see that I've chided him a few times for not being a little more hands on.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

Have you seen me ask anybody for anything? Hense, no scam. My only interest in this venture is my investment in time and electricity and the fact that I am currently holding 5.68M of these coins. Edit*** Before you say it, I did ask for something in my prior post, I asked for a vote on a non-associated web page in order to try to get this coin listed on their new exchange. I hope that's not out of bounds.

You are quite right about one 1000 watt power supply running all my video cards, I don't recall stating this was all going to be done on one rig, because, it's going to be (for now) four cards on one rig and three on a second. If you would do your homework on GPU's, you will find that two R9 270X cards put out more hash than a singe R9 290X and are cheaper to buy. I'm currently getting 444.0Kh/s out of a single Sapphire R9 270X OC 4GB card, compare double that to even the best single R9 290X on this list: https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison I'll let you do your own price comparisons.

As for my being in the pocket of the dev. of this coin, I've never met him either personally, or electronically in any way, not even a message board conversation on the official site : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397938.0  you're welcome to go check, the dev.'s screen name is: dmx734 and mine is RouletteRun, if anything, you'll see that I've chided him a few times for not being a little more hands on.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

Well the 280x still remains the king of price to performance so bringing up the 290x seems like a dumb comparison. But for the sake of argument I will play your game. Two 270x cost less than a 290x and are more powerful. However they also use almost double the power as a single 290x making your profit margins very slim or even nonexistant. But also lets say you don't pay for power (which you should be doing if you are mining). A 280x (possibly plural) will take about the same amount of time to make back the investment cost even though the 280x costs more. Meaning after you make back your investment you will make a lot more on the 280x. So lets factor power back into the equation and it will now take a LOT longer for you to pay back the money on 270x than the 280x since the 270 is not as power efficient. Hash is not what makes a card a good miner the ratio of hash/power used is what makes or breaks a miner.

As for you trying to scam people maybe you are right and you are not trying to burn people on this. Maybe you honestly believe that this is the currency that will topple bitcoin. So why don't you answer me why will this be the one rather than Litecoin? Or Feathercoin? Or Dogecoin? Or what about Betacoin or peercoin or novacoin? If your or any of these currencies had value they would be a lot more difficult to mine. So I ask why is nutcoin different? 

Well the 280x still remains the king of price to performance so bringing up the 290x seems like a dumb comparison. But for the sake of argument I will play your game. Two 270x cost less than a 290x and are more powerful. However they also use almost double the power as a single 290x making your profit margins very slim or even nonexistant. But also lets say you don't pay for power (which you should be doing if you are mining). A 280x (possibly plural) will take about the same amount of time to make back the investment cost even though the 280x costs more. Meaning after you make back your investment you will make a lot more on the 280x. So lets factor power back into the equation and it will now take a LOT longer for you to pay back the money on 270x than the 280x since the 270 is not as power efficient. Hash is not what makes a card a good miner the ratio of hash/power used is what makes or breaks a miner.

As for you trying to scam people maybe you are right and you are not trying to burn people on this. Maybe you honestly believe that this is the currency that will topple bitcoin. So why don't you answer me why will this be the one rather than Litecoin? Or Feathercoin? Or Dogecoin? Or what about Betacoin or peercoin or novacoin? If your or any of these currencies had value they would be a lot more difficult to mine. So I ask why is nutcoin different? 

Because, how often do you ever in life get a chance to invest in something at a reasonable price that has the possibility of making itself into something. I personally happen to believe in what I'm seeing and if you would go to the voting page I linked to and see where it is that Nutcoin sits on the list compared to some much better established coins, it would appear that some others believe as well. I'm not trying to twist anybody's arm into doing anything they don't want to do of their own free will, I'm hoping others might see what I see and of their own choosing they will also decide to hitch their wagon to the same horse I'm riding. When you throw mud against a wall, some of it will stick and some will fall off, but if you never throw mud, none of it will stick. Since I believe, I've appointed myself promotor-in-chief since the dev. is doing his own thing and not given us too much direction and rather than just sit back and taking what comes, I've decided to become proactive to see what I can do to try to help insure the success of this coin. As for this coin toppling Bitcoin, or litecoin, that is not it's intent, the vision is that if Bitcoin is the gold standard, and Litecoin to be the silver standard of cryptocurrencies, we want to become the dollar standard, the everyday currency used for everyday shopping for everyday goods. I personally am the one who Photoshopped the picture I posted at the beginning of this thread and this is becoming far from the only place I'm promoting this coin the point is to inform both those who might want to mine and even those who will never mine, it's all about making people aware that we exist.

As for the rig advice, I greatly appreciate it and I may look into it from a different direction, but I'm not on an unlimited budget and I'm just trying to get the most bang for my buck as I see it. For now, my goal is to mine this coin pretty exclusively until I get 25-30M of these coins, because the goal is for each coin to be worth $1.00 by 2018, if I have 25-30M of these coins, I could sell half at $.50 and just wait to see if it ever gets to $1.00, but even if it would only make it to $.01 a coin, I will have something, $250,000 to $300,000 to be exact, that ain't no chump change. If the difficulties stay close to where they are now and I get all my cards up and running, I can get there in a month or less, because right now I've got 5.70M in hand using one R9 270X, one GTX780 and two GTX650Ti Boost cards in about 3 1/2 weeks. Once I get these new cards, I'll be retiring the nVidia cards and moving on. Also, once I get the number of coins I'm looking for, if we havn't made an exchange, I'll move on to another coin. Sure, I'm investing a little bit of money on my rigs, but I'm in no danger of losing the house. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that out of my 5.7M coins, I've also opened a wallet for each of my three kids and given them each 1M coins, another reason to try to make something out of this coin. This coin is different, because it's in the right place in time for me, the equipment can always go on to another coin and I can spare a little on the electricity as an investment. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

You're asking me something I have no real clue about, this coin was up and running for about 1 1/2 weeks when I found it, they didn't consult me on a name. :unsure:

Because, how often do you ever in life get a chance to invest in something at a reasonable price that has the possibility of making itself into something. I personally happen to believe in what I'm seeing and if you would go to the voting page I linked to and see where it is that Nutcoin sits on the list compared to some much better established coins, it would appear that some others believe as well. I'm not trying to twist anybody's arm into doing anything they don't want to do of their own free will, I'm hoping others might see what I see and of their own choosing they will also decide to hitch their wagon to the same horse I'm riding. When you throw mud against a wall, some of it will stick and some will fall off, but if you never throw mud, none of it will stick. Since I believe, I've appointed myself promotor-in-chief since the dev. is doing his own thing and not given us too much direction and rather than just sit back and taking what comes, I've decided to become proactive to see what I can do to try to help insure the success of this coin. As for this coin toppling Bitcoin, or litecoin, that is not it's intent, the vision is that if Bitcoin is the gold standard, and Litecoin to be the silver standard of cryptocurrencies, we want to become the dollar standard, the everyday currency used for everyday shopping for everyday goods. I personally am the one who Photoshopped the picture I posted at the beginning of this thread and this is becoming far from the only place I'm promoting this coin the point is to inform both those who might want to mine and even those who will never mine, it's all about making people aware that we exist.

As for the rig advice, I greatly appreciate it and I may look into it from a different direction, but I'm not on an unlimited budget and I'm just trying to get the most bang for my buck as I see it. For now, my goal is to mine this coin pretty exclusively until I get 25-30M of these coins, because the goal is for each coin to be worth $1.00 by 2018, if I have 25-30M of these coins, I could sell half at $.50 and just wait to see if it ever gets to $1.00, but even if it would only make it to $.01 a coin, I will have something, $250,000 to $300,000 to be exact, that ain't no chump change. If the difficulties stay close to where they are now and I get all my cards up and running, I can get there in a month or less, because right now I've got 5.70M in hand using one R9 270X, one GTX780 and two GTX650Ti Boost cards in about 3 1/2 weeks. Once I get these new cards, I'll be retiring the nVidia cards and moving on. Also, once I get the number of coins I'm looking for, if we havn't made an exchange, I'll move on to another coin. Sure, I'm investing a little bit of money on my rigs, but I'm in no danger of losing the house. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that out of my 5.7M coins, I've also opened a wallet for each of my three kids and given them each 1M coins, another reason to try to make something out of this coin. This coin is different, because it's in the right place in time for me, the equipment can always go on to another coin and I can spare a little on the electricity as an investment. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I'm with this guy. I mined 5000 nutcoin the other day just for the hell of it. I figure if you get 5000 of every altcoin then you're bound to make some money somewhere :P

Pilates

Does anybody have a pre-configured cgminer download for nutcoin? I can't get any of them to work.

I have mine in a .zip file, how do you want me to get it to you?

Dropbox? Mediafire?

I've never used either of those, will this site allow you to private message an e-mail, I'll send it to you? Or tell me how to use one of those.

Does anybody have a pre-configured cgminer download for nutcoin? I can't get any of them to work.

No but I have a bash file...

nut.txt

Pilates

No but I have a bash file...

I PM'd him a copy of my cgminer with the .bat for my R9 270X file. If anybody else needs it, the ABC file is my .bat file for my R9 270X you will need to replace Username.Workername and Password with yours, then adjust the settings for your card.

http://www.filedropper.com/cgminer-372-windows_2

I PM'd him a copy of my cgminer with the .bat for my R9 270X file. If anybody else needs it, the ABC file is my .bat file for my R9 270X you will need to replace Username.Workername and Password with yours, then adjust the settings for your card.

http://www.filedropper.com/cgminer-372-windows_2

Sure, I have a 7870 from ASUS

Sure, I have a 7870 from ASUS

Follow that link right there on your post, download, unzip and go to work.

Follow that link right there on your post, download, unzip and go to work.

I know :P I'm gonna mine with my CPU for nutcoin (no offence but I need profit straight away)

But my CPU gets 8kh/s

YAY I'M PRETTY SURE I HEARD LIKE EVERY MINER ASKING FOR A NEW COIN CUZ WE TOTALY NEED IT

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

-snip-

Your faith in the coin is misplaced in my opinion. So many coins just like this pop up every hour and with each new currency the value goes down for all of them and it gets harder and harder for them to catch on. There is really nothing about "nutcoin" that other currencies don't also do. In fact you say in 2018 it is hoped to be valued at 1.00 per coin. Well I promise you Scrypt ASICs (miners that destroy GPUs) will be available to the public long before that happens so unfortunately all cryptocurrencies will end up like bitcoin in terms of difficulty eventually.

Well if I can't talk you out of it I may as well give you advice on that mining build. 270x will not give you a profit. In terms of hash/price yeah 2 beat out a 290x but the 290x demolishes the 270x in hash/power used. And the 280x beats the 290x in hash/price and is narrowly behind it in hash/power used (go ahead and read that a few times until it makes sense). Since 7950s are sold out the 280x is the best option for miners out there and if you used anything else it would be money wasted.