opinion blizzard boycott

tsmspace
8 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

Here's the thing, the most avid Blizzard fans will eventually go back to playing their games.

I've been reading what some people have been saying about this whole thing, and a number of people already went back to playing games like WoW, at least that's the few that I saw/read.

As long as Activision owns them, I don't think they'll be affected all that much, if at all.

The only way I see them getting negatively affected is if they get hit with a class action lawsuit or if it impacts Activision, the papa company.

Yeah. I haven't stopped playing Hearthstone.

Haha, there's no grounds for a class action lawsuit.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 hours ago, SaviorSix said:

This isn't going to affect Blizzard. Like I've said many times, it doesn't matter what a company does, juch which company does it. Blizzard introduced an auction house and made Diablo 3 always online. People "Boycott" it, but it was still one of their most popular selling titles. When EA introduced a store in Battlefront 2, they were crucified. Same thing with Simcity and always online. Although they've apologize, they've shown their true colors and I can't trust them anymore. It was such a knee-jerk reaction, it's clear whose boots they're licking.

Yeah, unfortunately people are going to forget about "boycotting" and go back to playing Blizzard titles, only the people that are having their accounts removed and stop buying their games are the only ones really avoiding supporting the company. Then again a few people avoiding their titles is nothing with how much these AAA game companies make. I agree with you though, sure they apologized but that's just backpedaling, and the people still playing their games seem to be loudest in defending Blizzard. I've considered getting into Overwatch or try COD MW but nope I can't trust them anymore either.

One has to wonder if the irony of a Company built around capitalism bending the knee to a communist government in order to continue to make capitalist gains, is lost on Blizzard leadership or not :P

What ever the case Blizzard ..or rather ActiBlizz, isnt the old Blizzard that was once great, same/similar name but different company as far as im concerned. So its just entertaining to watch them self destruct. I do feel sort of bad for the lower level employees though as they dont get a say on how things are run and their jobs are on the line if the company goes under.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I just got into WoW (Classic got me to try it, got into the 30s on a few toons so playing BFA now) and heard about this.  Its a Corporation, not a Political Party.  Its interests are NOT the people (Consumer or Otherwise) their interest is meeting their investors requirements for quarterly profits - or they will "find themselves on a chopping block" as well.  

You should only expect small companies, or companies backed by a vocal majority shareholder (example, Tesla) to ever step outside the realm of "actually" caring about anything unless it makes their profits grow.  

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

11 hours ago, Bramimond said:

Both true, but it won't stop me from being principled about my Nintendo boycott I started some 20 years ago.

you know, nintendo is a much more logical boycott. They are a key player in promoting certain aspects of copyright culture that are immoral. They would be the only company allowed to make video games of any kind if they could. For them, it's not about the reality of the spread of ideas, it's about taking advantage of loopholes in the laws designed to make it possible for the costly development of products. Sure, nintendo is a diverse culture, and they have some good contributions to game development (it was because of the multiwii project that drones got popular when they did,, although the wii died and everyone continues to use a joystick controller which ninento DIDN'T want), (Just like VR controllers you wave around are doomed to failure in the long run, and people will once again switch to normal game controllers, albiet with a few more joysticks and buttons),,

on the whole a nintendo boycott makes more sense..... EVERYONE wants to keep politics from disrupting their events, but not everyone wants to make a living using corruption. 

i5 12400 , MSI b660 pro-a, 32g 3200 , rtx 3060, 1tb wdblack sn270

I gave my dad: rogstrix b350-f gaming, r5 2600, corsair vengeance 16gb ddr4 2400, gtx 980 ti , he has minecraft, halo infinite, and collects his own photography. he had a "worst laptop in store special" that finishes loading your mouse movement, but not really much else. 

games: Starmade, Velocidrone, Minecraft, Astrokill, Liftoff, ThrustandShoot, , Infinity Battlescape, Flight of Nova, Orbital Racer

13 hours ago, minibois said:

\Kind of a shame for your argument though that ActiBlizz just activated the UNO reverse card and gave the player his earned money, reinstated him into the competitive play.. etc.

Nope. He got his money back and will be reinstated in 6 months rather than 12.

Opinion/My answer to the OP:

I used to be a semi-pro in OW, D.Va main since day 1 and regularly hovered in masters and kissed GM a few times, played on a local league. Put the game down when Brig and Doom launched because good lord did they tilt me, and still do even though theyre quite shite. Was just getting back in to the swing of things with Baptiste and Genji (had always played Genji but never bothered with being a DPS in my league, we had better players for it.), heard the news, and have not launched the game since.

I don't care how much Activision-Blizzard backpedals, the fact that they ever thought that silencing the voice of one of their players was a remotely good idea is enough to show me that they aren't worth my time. Does it matter to them in the grand scheme of things? No. I never bought loot boxes and gave them no money directly, didn't even buy the game though them. Do I feel a little better about myself knowing im not supporting their actions? Yeah.

As to the actual topic of the HK riots, I have 0 reason to care either way as I know nobody in HK nor have I ever dealt with a person from HK in my life knowingly. All I will say on the matter is that I would hope that the citizens of HK know what is best for them and will act accordingly.

Also, I'll say it because I know as soon as a mod checks this thread they will.:

Keep it civil guys, political discussion is allowed to the point at which it stops being a discussion and becomes an argument.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

A lot of people are calling this a bunch of hot air, and that people are directing their anger/annoyance at the wrong company.

I say... so what.

If some thing happens that makes people sit up and pay attention to world events, that's a good thing. Boycotting a company who openly supports this kind of censorship and cow tows to China regardless of if there was any influence applied to them... Is bad for the company, bad for publicity and pisses people off.

If people see it and think.. hey that's wrong... what can I do to make my anger known... It may be something small, it may be insignificant in the long run to that company... But it's something and that person is highly likely to share that with others, raising awareness of the issue among others... and that's a good thing.

It's all about feeling like you are doing some thing when perhaps you feel helpless... When my brother was in hospital after brain surgery for a tumour... we all felt utterly helpless.

So I shaved my head to match his... he wasn't able to speak but when I walked into his hospital room... he pointed and laughed at it... and that made me feel good.... Like I'd been able to do something other than feel completely helpless.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

2 hours ago, SenKa said:

As to the actual topic of the HK riots, I have 0 reason to care either way as I know nobody in HK nor have I ever dealt with a person from HK in my life knowingly. All I will say on the matter is that I would hope that the citizens of HK know what is best for them and will act accordingly.

The HK riots DO matter, though,, because of the prices of goods and such. Honk Kong doesn't pay the same taxes to China that other export cities do, and also Hong Kong is a way for there to be "people like westerners" in mainland China. They are a buffer zone between the extreme cultural differences, so that when people meet to work together, it's easier for them to understand each-other,,, again resulting in lower prices for products. You might go on through life without realizing you could have had more money, and the more money for that one political situation might not be significant enough to have a fit about,,, but that's again not how things work. Hong Kong is just one place out of many that adds up to a lot of difference when combined, and when one group moves it causes the rest to move as well,,, so it will matter with exporters from China. If Hong Kong switches over to just being another Chinese city, that will cause sweeping changes across all related markets. Bodies will hit the floor over lithium prices if they change too dramatically, just like they will over oil prices. (special note: bodies are hitting the floor over oil prices as we speak, Syria, Iran, Turkey, Isis news and Trump news all have to do with prices for trade, and China is A BIG COUNTRY). 

Anyway, it's interesting that we can feel so separated from news in China, but the same feelings CAN be associated with news from the middle east. (who cares, we aren't going to change anything and McDonalds is still working.  )  speaking of McDonalds, if you go protesting politics in McDonalds, don't be surprised when they ask you to leave, and if you don't, don't be surprised if you find you get banned from McDonalds, or even are assigned a restraining order. 

If Hong Kong does lose it's "independence" from China, then celebrate your computer, because the next one is going to be more expensive....

I gave my dad: rogstrix b350-f gaming, r5 2600, corsair vengeance 16gb ddr4 2400, gtx 980 ti , he has minecraft, halo infinite, and collects his own photography. he had a "worst laptop in store special" that finishes loading your mouse movement, but not really much else. 

games: Starmade, Velocidrone, Minecraft, Astrokill, Liftoff, ThrustandShoot, , Infinity Battlescape, Flight of Nova, Orbital Racer

2 hours ago, SenKa said:

Nope. He got his money back and will be reinstated in 6 months rather than 12.

right, so the protests worked exactly. Blizzard put too much of a punishment when a simple statement of "please do not promote politics" would have been appropriate, and after they felt the pressure of their overreaction they met somewhere in the middle. Lots of sports organizations fine or otherwise ban or punish their players for things they do that are not illegal, like promote party culture, or make political statements,, it's appropriate, but it's probably a mistake to be brutal with enforcement, because small statements are actually not very impactful. If the player had ACTUALLy sparked a riot, then a more severe punishment would have been appropriate. 

The problem with Hong Kong is, activists ARE SPARKING riots. They're humble and sedate, but any amount of traffic jam is very costly to the economy, and people are skipping work and school, which is going to cost later on. In such a huge city as Hong Kong, the mob would be so large that in order to clear it, a lot of force would need to be used. That's why it's such a problem. Even if the protestors are peaceful,,, if it's time to make them move, you will still need to drive tanks into the crowd to produce enough of a shock to cause them to leave. It's like spilling a cup of water vs. spilling an oil tanker. sure, the oil tanker barely spilled, but it was so much oil that it's still a disaster. That's one reason why china is so strict. Here, we get 1000 people in the streets and we think it's crazy, but there's plenty of ways to drive around, and honestly that's not many people. In Hong Kong, 1000 people isn't noticable, and when there ARE enough people to be noticed, they are occupying a road that gets normally much more traffic than most of ours. Protests in Hong Kong REALLY DO result in people losing their jobs across china,,,, which means that girls have abortions, youth don't care enough for grandparents, and people actually die when they wouldn't have. 

when a country is a big as china, a little problem is still fatal to a number of people. That's one of the major strengths of The U.S. , we don't have so many fragile people who are in so delicate a balance. If our country shakes, yes people lose their jobs, women get abortions, and grandparents don't get their healthcare, but the losses will be smaller. We have more space per person, therefore more resources, and therefore more backup plan. A lot more people in China will just be out of luck when something happens. It's a product of such population. 

I've never even heard of Blizzard until now.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

He was encouraging violence, telling people to do a revolution is as bad as telling people to kill cops! Its illegal in the USA and any democratic country... If this is OK then people should be allowed to say kill all cops or take down the US govt, both of which will get you tear gassed and/or shot in the USA! Remember Baltimore people? REMEMBER?!! If anything he is a terrorist sympathizer and got off easy... V-V

Zen-III-X12-5900X (Gaming PC)

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35,3MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X(ECO mode), 12-cores, 24-threads, 4.5/4.8GHz, 70.5MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2.6GHz 10.6 TFLOPS (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600(ASUS Performance Enhancement), 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,7MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1.5GHz 10.54 TFLOPS (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

i wouldn't bother with a boycott, though i do think that what blizzard did was wrong (even though they kinda reversed it), even though blitz probably shouldn't have said so in a game interview. i think that simply telling blitz that "blah blah blah don't talk about politics" would be enough. i've never played any blizzard games, though i've made some art for it. i will play their games in the future, but if they do more stuff like this, i would consider not playing, not that it matters to them.

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Blizzard could have easily just made a statement saying that they endorse whatever the players have said.

But no, they had make known which side they were on.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

22 hours ago, SenKa said:

Also, I'll say it because I know as soon as a mod checks this thread they will.:

Keep it civil guys, political discussion is allowed to the point at which it stops being a discussion and becomes an argument.

I guess you and pretty much all others didn't see my post earlier:

That said, this thread is now closed. Getting away from core of the discussion which was boygotts etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv