Anyone looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077

Tiffanysinyee

The video says it all 

But I am stunned at the game's hardware requirements.  Would anyone really pays for that money for a 2080 for just 1 game?

6 minutes ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

But I am stunned at the game's hardware requirements. 

It runs on a ps4/ xbox one so you should be able to run it on a 1050ti( even 1030 with some tricks) at low settings. 

Would anyone really pays for that money for a 2080 for just 1 game?

Its an investment, so not only for one game. 

No, that is a very small indie release, doubt many people have heard about it, it is not like it is absolutely the most hyped game release of 2020?

Oh wait it is. Yes lots of people are hyped for it.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

39 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

It runs on a ps4/ xbox one so you should be able to run it on a 1050ti( even 1030 with some tricks) at low settings. 

Its an investment, so not only for one game. 

I see...

2 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

No, that is a very small indie release, doubt many people have heard about it, it is not like it is absolutely the most hyped game release of 2020?

Oh wait it is. Yes lots of people are hyped for it.

It's like a GTA V but in the future.

CDPR is still raking in money hand-over-fist from Witcher 3 and it's already years old by now -- just goes to show how much people love CDPR's stuff. Cyberpunk 2077 will definitely be one of the top games of 2020, if not GOTY.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 hours ago, kilgore_T said:

cd project red doing a sci fi fps rpg is exciting stuff

indeed, it's a mixed genre.

4 hours ago, WereCatf said:

CDPR is still raking in money hand-over-fist from Witcher 3 and it's already years old by now -- just goes to show how much people love CDPR's stuff. Cyberpunk 2077 will definitely be one of the top games of 2020, if not GOTY.

Wish they optimize the coding to reduce the hardware hog thus lower the hardware requirements for ultra settings.

20 minutes ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

Wish they optimize the coding to reduce the hardware hog thus lower the hardware requirements for ultra settings.

Why do you assume there is anything to optimize? Maybe the game is already extremely well optimized?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Why do you assume there is anything to optimize? Maybe the game is already extremely well optimized?

I don't know. Maybe they are finalizing the project, and looking at the possibility that lowering the hardware requirement for Ultra settings as I said before.

1 minute ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

I don't know. Maybe they are finalizing the project, and looking at the possibility that lowering the hardware requirement for Ultra settings as I said before.

You don't even know what the ultra-settings will be like. What if the only way of reducing the hardware-requirements for ultra-settings was to reduce the graphics-quality, would you still want them to do it?

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You don't even know what the ultra-settings will be like. What if the only way of reducing the hardware-requirements for ultra-settings was to reduce the graphics-quality, would you still want them to do it?

You do have your point.

Actually I m watching some player's recording of BF V and Gear 5, I m just wondering what is the difference between HIGH and ULTRA settings in these games?  What do I miss if I choose playing HIGH rather than ULTRA given that my hardware is just medicore like i3 9100 + RX 570??....

2 minutes ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

You do have your point.

Actually I m watching some player's recording of BF V and Gear 5, I m just wondering what is the difference between HIGH and ULTRA settings in these games?  What do I miss if I choose playing HIGH rather than ULTRA given that my hardware is just medicore like i3 9100 + RX 570??....

Not much in most games, in some there's a stark difference but also a massive performance impact. Maxed volumetric clouds in Assassin's Creed Odyssey look amazing, but really how much time do you spend looking at the sky? You can get like 80% of the eye candy by dropping them to medium, which nets you a massive performance increase (those and the fog are mostly what kills perf). You can usually get a nice blend of settings that looks good but performs well. 

Though where are you getting the hardware requirements from? If it's one of their demo rigs, those are built to run the game at absolute max eye candy, of course they'll be high end rigs. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

What do I miss if I choose playing HIGH rather than ULTRA given

In many, many cases, you don't actually lose much of anything meaningful. Hardware Unboxed on Youtube have done a lot of optimization-guides for a lot of games and like e.g. they show with Borderlands 3 that with the right tuning of the settings, there's not much of any discernible difference between maximum settings and somewhat lower settings, but you can get a whole lot better performance. Many of the ultra-settings are just simply irrelevant, there's just no real visual difference between high and ultra, or even medium and ultra.

9 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Not much in most games, in some there's a stark difference but also a massive performance impact. Maxed volumetric clouds in Assassin's Creed Odyssey look amazing, but really how much time do you spend looking at the sky? You can get like 80% of the eye candy by dropping them to medium, which nets you a massive performance increase (those and the fog are mostly what kills perf). You can usually get a nice blend of settings that looks good but performs well. 

Though where are you getting the hardware requirements from? If it's one of their demo rigs, those are built to run the game at absolute max eye candy, of course they'll be high end rigs. 

I do understand the trade-offs stuff.

Well...I've got lots to say in that regard: I won't just look at the sky when playing ACO, that would be stupid if I ever do so. Nevertheless if you watch the whole screenful of objects and colours I believe that visual experience adds some percentage of overall immersion experience. True, without such visual, you won't say no joy. But let me share some past experience with you.

When I was playing BF 2, I was just a kid. The PC was an old one my daddy gifted it to me. The game wouldn't run smooth unless I lowered to Medium. So as years gone by, it was still medium settings.  Several months ago, I dug out the disc and reinstall the game, run it with ultra settings, the difference is day and night.  It's a regret that I have been missing that eye candy for 8 years. As a fanatics in Computer Gaming, I fell like wasting my most precious play time for the last 8 years, now does that eye candy equate to something ? To me, yes.

So, if you ask me do I prefer image quality over performance, I will definitely say image quality.   Having said that, it's over-budget to build an i7 system. I fancy this new game, but if i7 turns out to be the finalized hardware requirement then, I'll probably have to wait.

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

In many, many cases, you don't actually lose much of anything meaningful. Hardware Unboxed on Youtube have done a lot of optimization-guides for a lot of games and like e.g. they show with Borderlands 3 that with the right tuning of the settings, there's not much of any discernible difference between maximum settings and somewhat lower settings, but you can get a whole lot better performance. Many of the ultra-settings are just simply irrelevant, there's just no real visual difference between high and ultra, or even medium and ultra.

Medium results in coarse looking imagery; maybe my visual is over sensitive but I can tell.

Ray tracing using an RX 570 is really impressive though the correctness needs to be proved.

-snip-

The difference between Medium and Ultra is usually noticeable, between High and Ultra isn't as much. Older games also had an even bigger jump AFAIK, but I started playing BF II 2005 (I assume this is what you're referring to) with a 1050 Ti so I always had it at ultra. 

And yes, the settings can add up overall, but like I said the medium clouds are like 80% of what ultra is, unless you sit back and look specifically at the clouds you never notice a difference, even looking at the landscape overall. 

As for the specs, still don't know where you're getting those. The demo rig? IIRC that had an 8700K and 1080 Ti or something, chances are the game will run on much lower hardware than that. Given that game devs are pushing more for better performance on midrange cards (see the drop in support for SLI and such and how modern games run damn well on midrange cards, even at high or ultra settings), I highly doubt they'd release something that needs a high end i7 to play. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Wish there be lots of mods! "Witcher 3" is still my favorite game but I have always envied "Skyrim" and "GTA V" of having lots of available mods.

2 hours ago, livinginfantasy said:

Wish there be lots of mods! "Witcher 3" is still my favorite game but I have always envied "Skyrim" and "GTA V" of having lots of available mods.

Free Ride mod

I honestly lost hype when they announce there wasnt going to be third person view on foot.

10 minutes ago, SaviorSix said:

I just want to be breathtaking.

Hey there guy, buddy friend.jpg

Spoiler

Also..... HYPE!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Honestly, I feel like with the amount of hype and promotion the game's had, it's gonna be disappointing. Ya know, like the new Acura NSX and the new Toyota Supra.

Too True!

Lets hope that Witcher 3 emotions postLaunch that happened,..happen again.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz