What are you reading?

If you still like when you're finished, read the The Robot series (Asimov also)

I plan on doing so. I know that the robot series, the galactic empire, and the foundation series are all loosely set in the same universe  but the Foundation series sounded the coolest by reading the back of the book :P

I did see the iRobot movie when I was really young and I liked it a lot. I presume it is somewhat like it yes?

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

15chok5.jpg

Set in 1957, it's about a schizophrenic moving back to London from Canada.

Weird and makes you want to cry.  But then just look at what I am studying at the moment.

Nothing to see here - move along.

15chok5.jpg

Set in 1957, it's about a schizophrenic moving back to London from Canada.

Weird and makes you want to cry.  But then just look at what I am studying at the moment.

I'll admit it's hard keeping up with this thread. I wasn't expecting the amount of responses.

Back on topic, that seems interesting. I know a few people with mental health problems so that will be an interesting read

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I plan on doing so. I know that the robot series, the galactic empire, and the foundation series are all loosely set in the same universe  but the Foundation series sounded the coolest by reading the back of the book :P

I did see the iRobot movie when I was really young and I liked it a lot. I presume it is somewhat like it yes?

Cool movie, but... No it is not (at all) the same story.
Asimov's future Earth is full of grey-ish brown-ish and underground moving walkays, no shining white robot here

This is what I'm currently reading:

attachicon.giffth.jpg

Ahhh nietzsche.....Must be uplifting;-)

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Im re-reading the great book series of all time.......The Dresden Files

200px-Cold_Days_Hardcover.jpg

Jim Butcher is a mad genius.

And then im also re-reading an old danish young adult book called "Erik Menneskesøn"........

erik_univers.jpg

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Revised Bills and Statutes of The United States of America 2013 Edition

Just finished all the English versions of Witcher, now going to start Game Of Thrones

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. Really good series. If you haven't read it, definitely give it a shot.

The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan.

Seriously this series is absolutely amazing. And I thought ASOIAF was pure magic but this is magic straight from elves. It is a long series, and I mean really long, and some people say it gets boring" in two books but they don't mean it the way people assume. lol

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17683453

For anyone interested in the auditory perception process this lends some weight to other studies that show why autistic's have lower auditory steering effects than typically developed people.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Ahhh nietzsche.....Must be uplifting;-)

I actully see Nietzsche as a somewhat positive thinking. He might be pessimistic about mankind, but he is very optimistic about the individual humans. I don't necessarily agree with is philosophies, but I still find his books very interesting.

I find Heidegger much more depressing to read. Mostly becuase it reminds me how little I know about philosophy,

On topic. I just finished reading A Clash of Kings, so I began rereading Atlas Shrugged. Not a great book. Definitely worse then I remembered it.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Metro 2033

Just finished that a second time^^ It's pretty interesting. Been trying to find metro 2034.. It's not easy

I also read "Ghost Recon: Choke point" recently. It's pretty good aswell.

Yesterday i finished Clarksons. "For crying out loud!: The world according to clarkson. Vol 3." After "The world according to clarkson" and "and another thing"

Mostly read those to cool my brain down after reading "C++ programming. From problem analysis to program design".. 1300+ pages.. 

If i can't find anything new to read soon i'll just read through the warcraft books again.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I acfully see Nietzsche as a somewhat positive thinking. He might be pessimistic about mankind, but he is very optimistic about the individual humans. I don't necessarily agree with is philosophies, but I still find his books very interesting.

I find Heidegger much more depressing to read. Mostly becuase it reminds me how little I know about philosophy,

On topic. I just finished reading A Clash of Kings, so I began rereading Atlas Shrugged. Not a great book. Definitely worse then I remembered it.

Ohhh, I absolutely agree that his books are interesting. I just have to be in a special mood when I read philosophy...especially on that level.

I haven't stupied philosophy in school, so everything ive learned came from when I gained a interest in my early-mid twenties so my reading has been very spread out.

Its deeply fascinating to read the thoughts of people who seemingly think on a completely different level than most of the rest of us are capable of.

Ive only read small pieces of Heidegger in other books and he doesn't seem like a very uplifting fellow, but few philosophers do...

Do you recommend reading Heidegger and what makes it so depressing except what you mentioned?

Ohhh, I absolutely agree that his books are interesting. I just have to be in a special mood when I read philosophy...especially on that level.

I haven't stupied philosophy in school, so everything ive learned came from when I gained a interest in my early-mid twenties so my reading has been very spread out.

Its deeply fascinating to read the thoughts of people who seemingly think on a completely different level than most of the rest of us are capable of.

Ive only read small pieces of Heidegger in other books and he doesn't seem like a very uplifting fellow, but few philosophers do...

Do you recommend reading Heidegger and what makes it so depressing except what you mentioned?

Personally don't Heidegger's work depressing on a personal level. I only find it depressing that shows how little i know. His philosophy is quite positive if you see it in the right light (And don't read his lectures from during WWII).

I would recommend reading Being and Time (If you have the time, read Being and Nothingness by Jean-Paul Satre afterwards). It's an extremely hard read, but also very interesting. Heidegger's lectures on metaphysics are also very good, and a lot easier to read.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

• 1 month later...

I re-read HG Wells "War of the Worlds"  last week again after many years.  

I also began re-reading "The Time Machine".   

And I picked up a few comic books too:

post-3852-0-17480000-1395763728_thumb.jp

It is a brick of 13 comic books titled "The Two Faces of Tomorrow"... is awesome.  It is along the same idea of "2001 Space Odyssey" about a computer not doing what it was intended to do... yet, doing as it was programmed to do.  It was written before the age of the Internet or wifi networks, so the concepts in the story are pretty amazing and prophetic regarding those technologies.

post-3852-0-44933700-1395763748_thumb.jp

And a comic book novel titled "Ocean" which is about what lies beneath the surface of Jupiter's moon Europa.

post-3852-0-08021400-1395763776_thumb.jp

And another comic book novel titled "Ignition City".  Not sure what it is about yet exactly, but something about space pilots stranded on a planet.

Then when I get through those I have Ian Fleming's James Bond books that my nephew sent to me.  These are original paperback prints and it is pretty cool.

post-3852-0-48969700-1395763805_thumb.jp

Children of Fire, by Drew Karpyshyn.

It's his first stab at completely original work as he has been a writer for Bioware games like KOTOR and Mass Effect as well as writing some novels based on them.

The book is a pretty campy epic fantasy, not as serious as something like Tolkien's work or Martin's work, but it is a fun read, and can get rather dark at times.

CPU: i7-3820 | Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 | Mobo: Asus Sabretooth X79Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | Storage: Crucial M500 240GB & 480GB SSD + Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB |

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780ti Superclocked | PSU: 1000W Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 | Monitors: 3 x AOC i2367Fh 23.0"

All hail the mighty Flying Spaghetti Monster. May he touch you with his noodely appendages

Iain M. Banks' Hydrogen Sonata. Absolutelty top-shelf sci-fi.

Hydrogen%20Sonata%20005-thumb-360x242-11

Ended up getting this. It's not bad :D

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Ended up getting this. It's not bad :D

Ah, glad you like it ^_^

I really enjoyed the fact that I never really read anything quite like it, not a cliche setting or anyhting.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

MIrage by Clive Cussler

loving it, I have everything else he has written except one( 54 at this stage)

in addition to this, I have another 185 books from various authors :D

Looking for a job

tremendoustractors-500x500.jpg

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299