What are you reading?

I thought that's how it was done in the first place? :P

you win lol

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

So is it historical things mixed with fantasy? It definitely sounds like something right up Peter Jackson's alley to make a movie out of. I'd pay to see it

It is exactly that, it follows the adventure of a captain (William Laurence) of a dragon crew (and his dragon Temeraire) as they go through war and their political struggle.

After seeing Smaug, I'm very excited to see what He could do with that material.

It is exactly that, it follows the adventure of a captain (William Laurence) of a dragon crew (and his dragon Temeraire) as they go through war and their political struggle.

After seeing Smaug, I'm very excited to see what He could do with that material.

No wizards and stuff like that right? I'm not into that and it would kill the book for me

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

No wizards and stuff like that right? I'm not into that and it would kill the book for me

Absolutely no magic, and dragons don't have magical powers either. (but some of the rare species do have some unbelieveable abilities, explained via plot-biology, also humans breed them like dogs&cats)

Oh I read those books as well. Novak does a pretty good job of straying too far into fantasy land. Except for, obviously, dragons being a thing. But if you accept that one thing, everything else makes a lot more sense. I really quite liked those books. Loved the mixing in of Napoleonic history as a backdrop.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Absolutely no magic, and dragons don't have magical powers either. (but some of the rare species do have some unbelieveable abilities, explained via plot-biology, also humans breed them like dogs&cats)

Oh I read those books as well. Novak does a pretty good job of straying too far into fantasy land. Except for, obviously, dragons being a thing. But if you accept that one thing, everything else makes a lot more sense. I really quite liked those books. Loved the mixing in of Napoleonic history as a backdrop.

Two recommendations. I definitely have to read this...

Ulysses by James Joyce.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Two recommendations. I definitely have to read this...

If you have an eBook/kindle they are pretty cheap online (amazon <5$)

Still worth reading if it interests you. Amirite?

Will read/10

Not even news articles about tech, reviews, or comics as I mentioned in the OP?

I guess you can say I read anything that bears information that I'm interested in.

If you have an eBook/kindle they are pretty cheap online (amazon <5$)

I'm seeing it for $8. I'll download the kindle app and buy that book sometime this month. Thanks again for the recommendation

I just finished re-reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I then moved on to the Heroes of Olympus and am now waiting for the 5th book to be released. In the mean time I am reading the Kane Chronicles series.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

the fabric of the cosmos

and some cook books that I can't find covers for :P

About science I assume?

I just finished re-reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I then moved on to the Heroes of Olympus and am now waiting for the 5th book to be released. In the mean time I am reading the Kane Chronicles series.

I've heard great things about the Percy Jackson series. Are the movies an accurate representation of the books? What is the Kane Chronicles?

About science I assume?

right, science...

I'll whip up a batch of my famous universe cake real quick, just gimme  a sec

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

Ohhhhhh I get it now. Sorry man. It's still early morning where I live hahaha. It takes a moment to get my gears turning this early in the day

No worries. If I came off harsh it was just me being a smartass. 

dude_this_is_what_you_call_bromance__by_

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |

This is what I'm currently reading:

From left to right what are they about?

Also, is that the stand of a blue snowball I see in the top left corner of the pic?

This is what I'm currently reading:

You should add a bit of Bergson for good measure

From left to right what are they about?

Also, is that the stand of a blue snowball I see in the top left corner of the pic?

Sorry for not specifying what the books are about. I sometimes forget that not all people share my interest in strange books, 

Being and Time, written by Martin Heidegger, is about the analysis of Dasein and how we can know Being is not dependent on humans. The book takes its philosophical stand in existentialism and phenomenology. It also focus on an analysis of language, but that is a secondary thing.

The Genealogy of Morals is the background for all the moral views of Friedrich Nietzsche. Its probably the most important work in modern philosophy of morality. This is where Nietzsche explains the whole concept of master and slave morality.

A Clash of Kings is the second book in A Song of Ice and Fire series by Gorge R.R. Martin. It's one of the better fantasy stories I have read in a long time.

Yes, that is the stand of a Blue Snowball

You should add a bit of Bergson for good measure

I have Creative Evolution and The Two Sources of Morality and Religion on my reading list for 2014. I haven't read them before, so I'm looking forward to reading them.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

About science I assume?

I've heard great things about the Percy Jackson series. Are the movies an accurate representation of the books? What is the Kane Chronicles?

The movies are good, but they stray very far from the books. It is almost painful how different the movies are. I would definitely suggest reading both Percy Jackson and the Olympians ans Heroes of Olympus series before watching the movies if you haven't seen them already. The Kane Chronicles are another series by Rick Riordan (author or Percy Jackson) that deals with Egyptian gods versus the Greek Gods

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Just finished re-reading all of the Harry Potter books :) from now on will probably just be stuff related to my coarse, not too much leisure reading. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I am reading the Foundation Series by Isaac Asimov. I had heard a lot about him and until I started this series I had not ever actually read any of his books. So far the first 3 books (original trilogy) have been amazing.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I'm reading some Agatha Christie, quick and easy. perfect for my English class. And that's in English ofc

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I am a very slow reader.

post-5018-0-23663000-1391541980_thumb.jp

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

I am reading the Foundation Series by Isaac Asimov. I had heard a lot about him and until I started this series I had not ever actually read any of his books. So far the first 3 books (original trilogy) have been amazing.

If you still like when you're finished, read the The Robot series (Asimov also)