What are you reading?

I haven't seen a thread like this and thought it would be an interesting topic.

I finished up Justice League 3000 issue #1 a few days ago. Awesome read.

250px-JusticeLeague3000.jpg

I plan to buy some graphic novels soon with my Barnes and Noble coupon and catch up on my Scarlet Spider haul from a con I went to recently:

post-6820-0-11877000-1391523130_thumb.jp

What have you guys been reading lately? Books? Graphic novels? Comics? 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Have been reading Feed. I can't say I enjoy it. The English is just too weird.

IMG_1118.JPG

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Iain M. Banks' Hydrogen Sonata. Absolutelty top-shelf sci-fi.

Hydrogen%20Sonata%20005-thumb-360x242-11

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Tonari No Seki-Kun. Me and my friend found it on our lunch break at college.

Tonari-no-Seki-kun.jpg

Idk what it is but I could never get into manga. Maybe it's just finding the right one. 

Iain M. Banks' Hydrogen Sonata. Absolutelty top-shelf sci-fi.

Hydrogen%20Sonata%20005-thumb-360x242-11

The cover has piqued my interest. What is it about?

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

The cover has piqued my interest. What is it about?

It is the last in the "Culture" series of novels. Basically the culture is a super high-tech post-scarcity society with nearly limitless wealth, within this Culture exist extremely powerful AI's called Minds that a lot of the novels focus on, along with a host of human and not-so-human characters. There is a lot of social and cultural commentary worked into it in a way that doesn't override the actual story, which I like. The stories themselves tend to involve a good deal of intrigue, well constructed characters and well-placed moments of action.

For some more detail here's the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture

Highly recommend this series to anyone that is into Sci-Fi at all and would like a bit of a fresh look at it.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

How to build an ark for dummies.:D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

All these stupid AMA's.. 

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |

41XLzIfkwlL.jpg

I am not smart enough for this book...

Still worth reading if it interests you. Amirite?

It is the last in the "Culture" series of novels. Basically the culture is a super high-tech post-scarcity society with nearly limitless wealth, within this Culture exist extremely powerful AI's called Minds that a lot of the novels focus on, along with a host of human and not-so-human characters. There is a lot of social and cultural commentary worked into it in a way that doesn't override the actual story, which I like. The stories themselves tend to involve a good deal of intrigue, well constructed characters and well-placed moments of action.

For some more detail here's the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture

Highly recommend this series to anyone that is into Sci-Fi at all and would like a bit of a fresh look at it.

Will read/10

I never really fancied reading books, but I like READING itself.

Not even news articles about tech, reviews, or comics as I mentioned in the OP?

Still worth reading if it interests you. Amirite?

Yup, it's interesting.. for maybe half of the things I actually understand :D

Yup, it's interesting.. for maybe half of the things I actually understand :D

I'd say go for finishing it then come back and read it again. It will probably make more sense the second time around.

All these stupid AMA's.. 

This isn't an AMA... 

I didn't tell everyone to ask what I'm reading.

This isn't an AMA... 

I didn't tell everyone to ask what I'm eating.

I never said it was. If you're asking what we're reading literally the time of the post, it would be what we're typing in response to your post which would now be pointless. 

I'd say go for finishing it then come back and read it again. It will probably make more sense the second time around.

Even at my pace that'll take some time. I'm barely at 200 pages in of nearly 1100. And it's science, I get bored easily by it for extended periods of reading.

I never said it was. If you're asking what we're reading literally the time of the post, it would be what we're typing in response to your post which would now be pointless. 

*reading (fail typo on my part from previous post lol)

The question in my very first post specifically says "lately" not right now. Please re-read. My definition of lately means the past few days, weeks, months, etc

I'm currently through the "Temeraire" serie, by Naomi Novik.
A serie of books about Napoleonic wars (and other stuff) but with DRAGONS flying over the battlefield like zeppelins

And I learned last week that Peter Jackson has taken an option on adapting it in the future.

(and during the christmas season I read a bit of the Marquis de Sade, just to show my inhumanity to the people around me ^^)

Even at my pace that'll take some time. I'm barely at 200 pages in of nearly 1100. And it's science, I get bored easily by it for extended periods of reading.

I understand. Hopefully reading improves my attention span. I used to be able to read multiple pages of reviews in its entirety but now I usually look at some numbers and go straight to the conclusion/summary

*reading (fail typo on my part from previous post lol)

The question in my very first post specifically says "lately" not right now. Please re-read. My definition of lately means the past few days, weeks, months, etc

I know, and that's why I said all the stupid AMA's. That's all that's been posted lately, so that's all I've really been reading. 

I dont really read alot but i have Bear Grylls biografy lined up on my shelf

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

I'm currently through the "Temeraire" serie, by Naomi Novik.

A serie of books about Napoleonic wars (and other stuff) but with DRAGONS flying over the battlefield like zeppelins

And I learned last week that Peter Jackson has taken an option on adapting it in the future.

So is it historical things mixed with fantasy? It definitely sounds like something right up Peter Jackson's alley to make a movie out of. I'd pay to see it

I know, and that's why I said all the stupid AMA's. That's all that's been posted lately, so that's all I've really been reading. 

Ohhhhhh I get it now. Sorry man. It's still early morning where I live hahaha. It takes a moment to get my gears turning this early in the day

I understand. Hopefully reading improves my attention span. I used to be able to read multiple pages of reviews in its entirety but now I usually look at some numbers and go straight to the conclusion/summary

I thought that's how it was done in the first place? :P