What are you reading?

Nothing, waiting for Winds of Winter.

Reading a few books at the same time;

The Lord of the Rings (Single Volume, all three parts) by J.R.R. Tolkien

Defending the Declaration by Gary T. Amos

Churchill's Trial by Dr. Larry P. Arnn

I know I read a lot.

post-229093-0-46903500-1450234705.jpgpost-229093-0-73303000-1450234705.jpgpost-229093-0-94184200-1450234705.jpg

*edit 

I also have Winston Churchill's biography (all 8 parts) to read yet as well.

41qzVa7ZMoL._AA160_.jpg

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I'm not currently reading anything but I feel like I should if I find a good dystopian themed book... anyone have any recommendations?

I'm not currently reading anything but I feel like I should if I find a good dystopian themed book... anyone have any recommendations?

Umm....

1984 by George Orwell.

Divergent by Veronica Roth.

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Gaurdian's by John Christopher

post-229093-0-17412300-1450238234.jpgpost-229093-0-38080200-1450238234.jpgpost-229093-0-55708800-1450238234.jpgpost-229093-0-76664200-1450238234.jpg

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

A Song of Ice and Fire series.... Read it... Really...

furies of calderon

4961957._UY200_.jpg

only just started will reserve judgements till end.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Umm....

1984 by George Orwell.

Divergent by Veronica Roth.

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Gaurdian's by John Christopher

attachicon.gifb1.jpgattachicon.gifb2.jpgattachicon.gifb3.jpgattachicon.gifb4.jpg

I have read 1984 and I have been watching hunger games but it still may be an interesting read still. I may look into the others though.

if you are interested in some of the things I have read are (that I can remember reading anyways)

We by Yevgeny Zamyatin

The Time Machine by H. G. Wells 

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

A Song of Ice and Fire series.... Read it... Really...

if that is game of thrones I think I will pass at least until the books are finished anyways.

I have read 1984 and I have been watching hunger games but it still may be an interesting read still. I may look into the others though.

if you are interested in some of the things I have read are (that I can remember reading anyways)

We by Yevgeny Zamyatin

The Time Machine by H. G. Wells 

Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell

if that is game of thrones I think I will pass at least until the books are finished anyways.

Loved these;                     

The Time Machine by H. G. Wells - even watched the movie adaptation.

Have not read but I will look them up;

We by Yevgeny Zamyatin

Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell - I have heard of it but haven't gotten around to looking it up I think I will now.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

The Road is the only one I have read that is any good.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

ya I read The Road last year based on a recommendation of a friend.

The only other dystopian books I have seen are YA books and those things are terrible.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Just finished reading the witcher books and now i'm moving on to the war of the roses books by Conn Iggulden

Might read the pagan lord again first though.

Pagan-Lord-book-cover.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I've recently finished Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky

Metro_2033_russian_book_front_cover.jpg

Just finished reading the witcher books and now i'm moving on to the war of the roses books by Conn Iggulden

The Witcher books are amazing, I've read a bit from the Last WIsh after finishing the games. Sadly they are not available on paperback here, even though they are translated (wtf...). I'll probably get them from the UK at some point.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Is the Metro 2033 book officially translated?

Might read the pagan lord again first though.

I'm currently reading the Witcher series. Great books! Really enjoying The Tower of Swallows. <33

I'll have to check out the other two you mentioned. I vaguely remember being suggested The War of Roses by Conn Iggulden for the writing. Hmm.  :ph34r: 

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-2033-English-Dmitry-Glukhovsky/dp/1481845705/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Seems to be translated, however I don't know if the translation from Russian is good enough.

Totally going to get it. B)

Thanks!

Holy shit, the last time I saw this thread I still had time to read non-school essential books. Good times.

Well, I'm currently reading property law and pledging rights

powhox0.jpg

Edit; There is is actually one more book that I forgot in the picture. All in all, it's about 1400 pages of reading that I have to get done by Januray 4th 

I guess I'm also rereading Catch-22, but I have only read chapter in that in a month

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Is the Metro 2033 book officially translated?

I'm currently reading the Witcher series. Great books! Really enjoying The Tower of Swallows. <33

I'll have to check out the other two you mentioned. I vaguely remember being suggested The War of Roses by Conn Iggulden for the writing. Hmm.  :ph34r:

My personal favourite is "Blood of elves" in the witcher saga. And the sword of destiny.

The last wish is also a great read for anyone that wants to understand Geralts infatuation with Yennefer

I'm actually quite excited to read the war of roses books. I've got both Trinity and Stormbird on the shelf next to me

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I recently read "Fate is the Hunter" which I highly recommend to pretty much anyone and everyone. Excellent read and well written.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

50 shades of linus

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

In the process of moving house so I kept one book out 

51gZcz3PglL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Guys stop thread necroing damn it

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

The Nicholas flamel book series

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case