What are you reading?

A Tremendous read methinks???? :D

I want to slap you for that....

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

300px-Tangopenguin.jpg

It is a heartwarming tale about two gay penguins and raising their little penguin together as parents.

//ccap

The last thing I read was book 1 - 17 of the Spice and Wolf Light Novels.

Economics and a splendid story....

0uQxkBn.jpg?1

Only 10 books have been officially translated so far, but lets just say I had some Drunken Wolf Translations. *Cough*

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

This, one of his Disc world books.

Very funny series of books.

Terry Prattchet Is my most favorite Author, I am really saddened that he has Alzheimer's.  

How do you find the depth of his literary puns?  I have read almost the entire series including the first of his "science of" books a few times through, and every time I pickup something new, something that was every so subtle I missed it the first two times around.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

King's Duma Key

King's Carrie

King's 'Salem's Lot

If you haven't guessed already been reading a lot of King lately.

I dont read alot but im currently stuck at Battle Royale

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Cherub series by Robert Munchmore.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Terry Prattchet Is my most favorite Author, I am really saddened that he has Alzheimer's.  

How do you find the depth of his literary puns?  I have read almost the entire series including the first of his "science of" books a few times through, and every time I pickup something new, something that was every so subtle I missed it the first two times around.

TP is one of my favorites too.  I got to meet him several years ago.  I said something stupid like "thanks a lot I like to read your books on my commute", he looked at me and said "what are you, some kind of systems analyst?".  Which I guess I pretty much was at the time, the dude has some amazing insight on him.  Even funnier when he's talking in person.  Very sad about his Alzheimer's but old ages happens to us all.

Currently 2% into '2312' according to my kindle.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

X Wing Series:

tumblr_mcvx1pFzvc1qaol32.jpg

Had to go back and re-read them again as I was missing the last book and forgot most of the story arc. Loved reading these books when I was in high school.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

this

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Yeah he does that, there is always something new to find when you read it a second or third time. Certainly when you are a long time TP reader as so many puns are linked to earlier works.

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

Nice signature.. almost thought it was a picture

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Nice signature.. almost thought it was a picture

can't have pictures -_-

//sigh

Heey are you flirting with that person ??

I seriously have to think about our relationship now.. =(

xD

I don't cheat! This is uhh, skinship... with... skinwords

I've been reading Thomas Harris 'Red Dragon' - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dragon_(novel)

I watched all the movies in the series (Red Dragon/Manhunter, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Hannibal Rising) and the TV series Hannibal is one of my favorite current TV shows so I had to start reading the books.

I have finished my Battle Royale, im now at Christopher Paolini: Brisingr.  its very thick so it might take a while

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

• 1 year later...

I googled and only found this thread...sad it is pretty old but nevertheless it must be necro'd. lol

Anyways, I have been reading the Witcher books for days now. I haven't been able to put them down. All fan translations though, but still great. I'm on The Tower of Swallows and I have to say...these books are quite a delight. I did not expect them to be so fun to read, but they are. Even when I'm thrown into a chapter of a new character, I'm carefully studying what is being said, what is happening around them etc because it has, consistently, been very important across each book. I can see why they made such amazing games, too. If anyone wants to give them a try, I suggest you do. Buy them in Polish and then pick up the fan translations (I don't think all of them are available in English if at all). You'll love them!

I'm also reading the last chapter of The Eye of the World, the first book in The Wheel of Time series. I'm trying to go very slow, even if there are a million books, because it is fantastic. But...like always, good things end. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Game of thrones, oh the poor Starks... first Nedd gets beheaded, then his son gets red wedded...

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

im at school  :(  doing reaserch sigh lol

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

At the moment I'm reading Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer:

into-the-wild.jpg

I'd highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys nature, hiking, camping, wilderness, etc. It's fairly depressing though. So be prepared. It's not even that long of an book, ~200 pages.

My past read was The Martian by Andy Weir:

18007564.jpg

It's a great book, but it missed its marks on my expectations. I expected more science and thought; But its more of an glorified diary on how to survive on mars based on an hypothetical situation, using a hypothetical potato farm, and duct tape, lot and lots of duct tape.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Tokyo Ghoul: Volume 1... if I ever get around to it.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono