How can you relate to this?

Akira Shimazu

yeah so im just freshman in college ( 2nd year actually ). and everything seems pretty easy around me. especially my habit to pick up any good information from or media like TED. and it's somehow create a wall between you and your friend because they can''t levitate their topic to your level. when you talk about certain topic they don't understand. how can u relate to this?.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

- Moved to Off Topic -

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

14 minutes ago, seon123 said:

my man how should i do this then? cuz im stuck with them for 4 years

*reads title*
Okay... slip ups happen...

" because they aren't telling you. so do you ever better than everyone in your class? "

giphy.gif

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

53 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

yeah so im just ffreshman in college 2nd year actually. and everything seems pretty easy around me. especially my habit to pick up any good information from or media like TED. and it's somehow create a wall between you and your friend becasue they can''t levitate their level to your class. when you talk about certain topic they don't understand and at some point you will miss some of UNI INFO like me which is important for graduation. because they aren't telling you. so do you ever better than everyone in your class?

k                 *Funny react

Image result for surface knowledge me irl meme

Have you thought about the possibility of them having knowledge in other areas, that you are clearly lacking in, like in English grammar. 

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

4 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

k                 *Funny react

Image result for surface knowledge me irl meme

Have you thought about the possibility of them having knowledge in other areas, that you are clearly lacking in, like in English grammar.

oops , thx u for reminding me

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

qpclx.jpg.81e9a64194efbd71f37b79f1f2e5bf31.jpg

this is making me happy  actually lol, thx u

Just now, Wolfycapt said:

oops , thx u for reminding me

The point wasn't only grammar tho, just know that they have knowledge in other areas, that may be better suited for their life.

Listening TED talks might make you feel smart, but does it really make you smarter? nope

Also that meme was spot on according to your own description. Having a ton of surface level knowledge makes you seem smart, but is it any useful? nope

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

The point wasn't only grammar tho, just know that they have knowledge in other areas, that may be better suited for their life.

Listening TED talks might make you feel smart, but does it really make you smarter? nope

Also that meme was spot on according to your own description. Having a ton of surface level knowledge makes you seem smart, but is it any useful? nope

hmm.. good point. its actually relieved me a little bit. i guess i kinda being delusional for knowing random things.i keep that in mind.

Ok, so according to your posts you have the ability to assimilate information with ease, which is very useful. Just keep in mind that they are very different kinds of smartness and that there are always people somewhere who are smarter than you (in all "categories"). I would advise you to constantly try to improve yourself to discover your true potential. Don't fall into the trap of getting complacent .
I would also advise you to treat people around you with respect, especially those whom you consider to be friends. Being smarter than somebody is no reason to be condescending (for example).

Just now, greenhorn said:

Ok, so according to your posts you have the ability to assimilate information with ease, which is very useful. Just keep in mind that they are very different kinds of smartness and that there are always people somewhere who are smarter than you (in all "categories"). I would advise you to constantly try to improve yourself to discover your true potential. Don't fall into the trap of getting complacent .
I would also advise you to treat people around you with respect, especially those whom you consider to be friends. Being smarter than somebody is no reason to be condescending (for example).

ah this is similiar to @Origami Cactus. i just need to find someone who smarter than me. and complacent probably my biggest failure to realized it.

1 minute ago, kilgore_T said:

do not worry Wolfycapt life will throw all kinds of teachers and situations at you that will make you feel like you really didnt know that much to begin with.... and its beautiful

hmm... 

You're in college (surrounded by idiots), not university. You're not smart.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

3 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

i guess i kinda being delusional for knowing random things.

I would like to ask you one question: do you just remember things well, or do you understand things easily? There's a good difference there.

I, personally, fall kind of in the middle; I remember a whole lot of pretty useless, random stuff, but also I tend to watch a lot of technical videos and 5 seconds after watching them, I've completely forgotten who I was watching or what they said, but then I could go on and explain the topic of the video to someone else in my own words pretty easily.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, r2724r16 said:

You're in college (surrounded by idiots), not university. You're not smart.

like how everyone is short, and it seems im the talllest. while on the average world im just average?.

Just now, WereCatf said:

I would like to ask you one question: do you just remember things well, or do you understand things easily? There's a good difference there.

I, personally, fall kind of in the middle; I remember a whole lot of pretty useless, random stuff, but also I tend to watch a lot of technical videos and 5 seconds after watching them, I've completely forgotten who I was watching or what they said, but then I could go on and explain the topic of the video to someone else in my own words pretty easily.

both. note: i memorize the 100 page ish book at one night for one exam, and it'll disappear after i done. and i understand thing easily in specific subject.

51 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

like how everyone is short, and it seems im the talllest. while on the average world im just average?.

Maybe you’re in the Twilight Zone

Won’t visit often..

@MrFixitBlankFace there are many translation of Twilight Zones. what are you referring to?

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Hell no, I'm as dumb as a cucumber. You could probably look at a piece of candy and that shit would be smarter than me.

wait, what.

I'm no doctor, so far be it from me to say anything here. But some googling does make this sound like NPD.

Having an arrogance to your own intellect or knowledge is probably not a good thing. It can probably hinder your own learning, especially from others, if you discount them all as stupid.

As others have mentioned, its entirely possible that others just know different things to you. I've seen people on IT courses know loads about hardware and building PCs and think that people that didn't know this were out of touch with IT. Only to see those others do very well at coding, because they didn't need to know about hardware anyway as coding was more a logic/maths subject.

As others have mentioned, the grammar in the posts alone makes either suspicious of trolling, or that you are holding yourself in such high regard, that you are failing to see any actual shortcommings. Or perhaps English isn't a first language... In which case it's perfectly understandable.

2 hours ago, Wolfycapt said:

how can u relate to this?

Well, I've worked in retail and as anyonw who has ever worked in retail can tell you - there are times where you can absolutely prove that you are the smartest person in the room.

Aside from those, the only times I can certifiably say that I'm the smartest person in the room is when I'm at work, where I spend a substantial amount of time in an office by myself being paid to browse and post on the LTT forum.