Malwarebytes 2.0: its subscription now: NOOOOO

brownninja97

Well malwarebytes was and well is bloody awesome but they realized that so many people love them and so i guess  they realized that they could be making more money as a result its now subscription based, $24.95 per year for the pro version but it will support 3 different pcs. Free version will stay.

35216_1_malwarebytes_will_now_cost_25_pe

If you have already got the lifetime model then you are set already, you dont need to spend more money, also the lifetime model will be available for the next few days so if you dont have it then get it as its the best software you can get for malware period.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/35216/malwarebytes-will-now-cost-25-per-year-following-extensive-update/index.html

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well that is actually pretty good. If it's sub for the pro version than I would expect to get even better protection. But £14 a year is really good to get full protection on 3 PC's. I might buy this. At the moment I am using the free version.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Well malwarebytes was and well is bloody awesome but they realized that so many people love them and so i guess  they realized that they could be making more money as a result its now subscription based, $24.95 per year for the pro version but it will support 3 different pcs. Free version will stay.

If you have already got the lifetime model then you are set already, you dont need to spend more money, also the lifetime model will be available for the next few days so if you dont have it then get it as its the best software you can get for malware period.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/35216/malwarebytes-will-now-cost-25-per-year-following-extensive-update/index.html

Does the pro version have anti-virus as well as Anti-EVERYTHING else xD

http://www.malwarebytes.org/pro/

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro includes:

Anti-malware, Anti-spyware, Anti-phishing, Anti-rootkit, Anti-adware, Anti-trojan

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Does the pro version have ani-virus as well as Anti-EVERYTHING else xD

http://www.malwarebytes.org/pro/

It has some active crap which leads so some other stuff, sorry my informative mood is gone as im in a rush, basically they have the best anti malware database in the world, they tend to remove stuff from files without destroying the program unless the actual program is a fat old malware, mcafee would just be like screw this and block the file, i remember one of my excel spreadsheets got blocked my mcafee and it thought halo combat involved was a virus, stupid mcafee.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It has some active crap which leads so some other stuff, sorry my informative mood is gone as im in a rush, basically they have the best anti malware database in the world, they tend to remove stuff from files without destroying the program unless the actual program is a fat old malware, mcafee would just be like screw this and block the file, i remember one of my excel spreadsheets got blocked my mcafee and it thought halo combat involved was a virus, stupid mcafee.

So I don't need any other anti-virus at all if I get this, and sweet sounds great thanks ;)

oh and fyi, I have had bad experiences with Mcafee as well man, D: bad times...

at the moment I'm using AVG + Spybot free versions...

But as the lifetime thing is still on at the moment, I might just buy it :D

Edited by SirReallySam

PROFILEYEAH

My avast went full retard so i uninstalled it too. I just dont want to deal with this crap. Firewall will do, other i will try to avoid.

Whoo, I thought free version was gone with this change as well. I was about to throw myself off a bridge. lol

This software saved my ass several billion times. I love it.  :wub: 

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, guess I'll just get the bloody lifetime deal then. Usually don't pay for protection like this, but Malwarebytes is just the best thing ever and lifetime for 3 PC's is a pretty good setup.

I mean I can't even count the times this software saved my butt. -_-

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, guess I'll just get the bloody lifetime deal then. Usually don't pay for protection like this, but Malwarebytes is just the best thing ever and lifetime for 3 PC's is a pretty good setup.

I mean I can't even count the times this software saved my butt. -_-

I used it on my girlfriend's Mum's PC and she was so grateful (as it got rid of some malware), Gave me some excellent Boyfriend points ^_^

Edited by SirReallySam

PROFILEYEAH

got the pro for free. i have been using the free version for cleaning up other PCs. i must say i really like it.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

My antivirus is called common sense, and it has been working flawlessly for over 2 years.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Am i the only one that just doesnt use antivirus? I have the Microsoft Security Essentials installed (ok for basic stuff) but i havent gotten a virus since my 2nd year in highschool when i downloaded an infected copy of Razor1911 Starcraft...

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Am i the only one that just doesnt use antivirus? I have the Microsoft Security Essentials installed (ok for basic stuff) but i havent gotten a virus since my 2nd year in highschool when i downloaded an infected copy of Razor1911 Starcraft...

Well according to MSE's own website, they're an antivirus. A lot of these free programs like MSE and Avast do a bit of both anti-virus and anti-malware.

I've never used it... so...

Signatures are stupid.

Well according to MSE's own website, they're an antivirus. A lot of these free programs like MSE and Avast do a bit of both anti-virus and anti-malware.

Eh... it isnt great, and i know its got a lot of flaws in it. Actually had only installed it to walk my friend through the steps of putting it on their machine. Its never found anything or flagged a warning so i just kind of ignore it.

I guess my statement was more along the lines of, how often do you people actually get viruses? I havent been doing anything special to NOT get them and so it seems surprising that people would pay money for a subscirption to a service like this.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

So what exactly changed?  They always had a pay version and a free version.

Eh... it isnt great, and i know its got a lot of flaws in it. Actually had only installed it to walk my friend through the steps of putting it on their machine. Its never found anything or flagged a warning so i just kind of ignore it.

I guess my statement was more along the lines of, how often do you people actually get viruses? I havent been doing anything special to NOT get them and so it seems surprising that people would pay money for a subscirption to a service like this.

I don't know, I guess it's one of those situations where people like peace of mind, I suppose. $25 for a lifetime license isn't that expensive, so people found that appealing. Besides, while common sense is great and all, I think the worry is when legitimate sites that you visit regularly get hacked, so you end up getting some malware from that.

So what exactly changed?  They always had a pay version and a free version.

Before, it was $25 for a lifetime license, now it's it's a subscription where you pay per year.

I don't use it, so... Yeah...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Before, it was $25 for a lifetime license, now it's it's a subscription where you pay per year.

Ah, I see, better get that lifetime license quick!  Does it come with 3 licenses as well?  Gonna check now...

Ah, I see, better get that lifetime license quick!  Does it come with 3 licenses as well?  Gonna check now...

I'm pretty sure it's $25 per single license, but there's a slight price break if you buy multiple ones at once.  

Life-time purchase right now includes only one license, the subscription model will include 3.

System: i5-2500k, Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Mushkin Enhanced Blackline, R9 290X, CoolerMaster Elite 430, OCZ Vector, Corsair RM650, Dell U2412M, Corsair H60, Sidewinder X6, M6880, Asus Xonar DG      
Steam username: Armorhype          Origin username: Armorhype          Xbox Live Gamertag: Armorhype                   

I'm pretty sure it's $25 per single license, but there's a slight price break if you buy multiple ones at once.  

$25 single lifetime

$25 per year for 3 pcs.

Listen if you care.

I got a pro licence ages ago. Is that the same as a lifetime licence?

I got a pro licence ages ago. Is that the same as a lifetime licence?

yes

Listen if you care.