Malwarebytes 2.0: its subscription now: NOOOOO

brownninja97

Glad I have Malwarebytes pro already.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Am i the only one that just doesnt use antivirus? I have the Microsoft Security Essentials installed (ok for basic stuff) but i havent gotten a virus since my 2nd year in highschool when i downloaded an infected copy of Razor1911 Starcraft...

MSE is quite bad at detecting malwares in your files, but what is awesome about Malwarebytes is that it blocks the port/connection when you have bad javascript for instance on some websites and MSE is useless there.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, guess I'll just get the bloody lifetime deal then. Usually don't pay for protection like this, but Malwarebytes is just the best thing ever and lifetime for 3 PC's is a pretty good setup.

I mean I can't even count the times this software saved my butt. -_-

How did you get the license for 3 PC's? When I go to the store, it's a lifetime license for 1 PC. Did you buy 3 copies?

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I've been using Malwarebytes Pro on my current PC and it's great. I guess when I build my next PC this year I'll have to start a subscription for it or just spot check often with the free version. I do love the web page blocking feature of the pro version. I use Microsoft Security Essentials at the same time. They make a good team.

I've been using Malwarebytes Pro on my current PC and it's great. I guess when I build my next PC this year I'll have to start a subscription for it or just spot check often with the free version. I do love the web page blocking feature of the pro version. I use Microsoft Security Essentials at the same time. They make a good team.

precisely back when i made pcs last year i had malewarebytes pro and avg but i noticed that avg slowed down pcs a lot so i changed to security essentials, no viruses, no malware, only weakness of malwarebytes is cryptolocker, which it could protect that, really sucks when i am rendered useless and have to tell someone that if they dont have backups then they are finished.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Can anyone tell me if the license to Malwarebytes Pro is transferable to a new PC if it is removed from the old one? How would that work? There is not much life left in my 7 year old computer but would rather the year by year subscription be on that and use the lifetime subscription on the new computer to be more cost effective in the long run.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, guess I'll just get the bloody lifetime deal then. Usually don't pay for protection like this, but Malwarebytes is just the best thing ever and lifetime for 3 PC's is a pretty good setup.

I mean I can't even count the times this software saved my butt. -_-

Is it for sure 3 PCs? I can't find the info anywhere!

The downloadable version is currently on newegg for $20. I have goten it much cheaper before but $5 off is $5 off. You also get 2 free software with it that ill probably never use.

My antivirus is called common sense, and it has been working flawlessly for over 2 years.

I don't know why every single time an anti-virus thread comes up, someone just has to interdict their "common sense" comment.

Common sense will keep you safe from viruses that you contract via social engineering, so lets say 80% of infections (Could be higher or lower, this is just an estimate). But oh wait, you go to theverge.com to read some news, and their site got hacked! How's that common sense working for you now?

Additionally, there are some forms of viruses that do not exhibit overt behaviour. They just silently sit in the background recording your data (either snooping through your files, or recording what websites you visit and using a keylogger for login info, etc). In instances like these, you may not detect anything wrong for weeks, months, or yes, even years, but by then it's far too late.

I hope in that 2 years, you've at least done some manual scans annually or bi-annually.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Can anyone tell me if the license to Malwarebytes Pro is transferable to a new PC if it is removed from the old one? How would that work? There is not much life left in my 7 year old computer but would rather the year by year subscription be on that and use the lifetime subscription on the new computer to be more cost effective in the long run.

Haven't needed to do it myself, but here ya go!

https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/entries/21436836-How-do-I-transfer-a-licensed-Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-PRO-to-my-new-computer-

As long as they provide free version I'm happy.

A common misconception is that Malwarebytes is a replacement for your anti-virus.

It isn't.

It's an anti-malware, meant to be run along with an anti-virus. It's an extra layer of protection and isn't made to be an all in one solution.

I suggest getting Kaspersky, BitDefender, or Norton. Avast is a good anti-virus too if you're looking for something that is free.

I don't know why every single time an anti-virus thread comes up, someone just has to interdict their "common sense" comment.

Common sense will keep you safe from viruses that you contract via social engineering, so lets say 80% of infections (Could be higher or lower, this is just an estimate). But oh wait, you go to theverge.com to read some news, and their site got hacked! How's that common sense working for you now?

Additionally, there are some forms of viruses that do not exhibit overt behaviour. They just silently sit in the background recording your data (either snooping through your files, or recording what websites you visit and using a keylogger for login info, etc). In instances like these, you may not detect anything wrong for weeks, months, or yes, even years, but by then it's far too late.

I hope in that 2 years, you've at least done some manual scans annually or bi-annually.

Calm your tatas down man. 

I am aware of those things, but as I don't store any sensitive data or anything like that on my pc, I just keep trusting my common sense. 

I do a check from time to time, just to see how well my common sense is working (using malwarebytes just to be on topic) and it hasn't found anything yet. 

As long as you do not have any over sensitive data, you can do just fine even without an antivirus. My pov is, why would anyone hack my accounts and whatnot if they won't get anything useful from them? 

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

what about updates? if getting anti-malwarebytes now, will you still get all updates and shiit?

am using AVG and SuperantiSpyware and free version, but might consider getting this :-)

and could any1 name a good comba to go along with Malwarebytes as a spyware program?

what about updates? if getting anti-malwarebytes now, will you still get all updates and shiit?

am using AVG and SuperantiSpyware and free version, but might consider getting this :-)

and could any1 name a good comba to go along with Malwarebytes as a spyware program?

yes you will, basically think of the current deal as an offer, if you pay now then its once and forever alternatively in the future you pay each year but for 3 pcs. Choose, i think lifetime is better

also any free antivirus is fine, even security essentials.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

yes you will, basically think of the current deal as an offer, if you pay now then its once and forever alternatively in the future you pay each year but for 3 pcs. Choose, i think lifetime is better

also any free antivirus is fine, even security essentials.

how about if getting new Pc/reinstalling OS?

how about if getting new Pc/reinstalling OS?

they give you an account i believe, log back in and you are good to go. I believe they allow multiple pcs using the same ip(same router). Dont quote me on it.

Listen if you care.

Great that people who have lifetime licenses can avoid the subscription service. Here is the link to the beta for those who want to try out MBAM 2.0:https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=141268 Really excited to get 2.0 as it looks a lot better.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

michael-scott-no.gif

^^^^ My reaction when I saw this...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Am i the only one that just doesnt use antivirus? I have the Microsoft Security Essentials installed (ok for basic stuff) but i havent gotten a virus since my 2nd year in highschool when i downloaded an infected copy of Razor1911 Starcraft...

I got all microsoft's bloatware disabled and rely solely on Malwarebytes Pro. It's just so much more better!

6K6B8.png

6K6I1.png

For everyone thinking about purchasing this amazing software, DO IT!

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

I got all microsoft's bloatware disabled and rely solely on Malwarebytes Pro. It's just so much more better!

6K6B8.png

6K6I1.png

For everyone thinking about purchasing this amazing software, DO IT!

Well i prefer security essentials as malwarebytes focuses more on malware instead of actual viruses. But still viruses are uncommon as they are too noticeable these days.

Listen if you care.

Calm your tatas down man. 

I am aware of those things, but as I don't store any sensitive data or anything like that on my pc, I just keep trusting my common sense. 

I do a check from time to time, just to see how well my common sense is working (using malwarebytes just to be on topic) and it hasn't found anything yet. 

As long as you do not have any over sensitive data, you can do just fine even without an antivirus. My pov is, why would anyone hack my accounts and whatnot if they won't get anything useful from them? 

The point of my comment was not that you personally store potentially confidential data on your computer, but rather the fact that this "advice" is always given out to people in every A/V thread that comes up.

Yeah, you might be good, and have the technical knowledge and the particular setup to not have any issues even if you did catch a virus, but most people will not. Even many of the people who frequent LTT forums aren't super high-level computer experts. They come here looking to learn or find help fixing issues, etc.

Also in regards to why would they try and hack your account when they won't find anything useful? Well they won't know until they try, and then it'll be a big hassle to try and reset and reclaim your hacked accounts.

I apologize for coming off as rather harsh, but I'm just tired of seeing this advice given out. If you personally feel that you're comfortable going without A/V, then that's great. But recommending others to do so is foolish, as someone who is not prepared or doesn't have the skill will end up following that advice and catching a virus anyway.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)