Malwarebytes 2.0: its subscription now: NOOOOO

brownninja97

they give you an account i believe, log back in and you are good to go. I believe they allow multiple pcs using the same ip(same router). Dont quote me on it.

Too bad, I am quoting you! Find out the answer for the rest of us :P

A common misconception is that Malwarebytes is a replacement for your anti-virus.

It isn't.

It's an anti-malware, meant to be run along with an anti-virus. It's an extra layer of protection and isn't made to be an all in one solution.

I suggest getting Kaspersky, BitDefender, or Norton. Avast is a good anti-virus too if you're looking for something that is free.

What i would suggest people to run on Win 7 is Malwarebytes and MSE, but on Win 8 only malwarebytes since MSE is integrated with Windows Defender :) .

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Well i prefer security essentials as malwarebytes focuses more on malware instead of actual viruses. But still viruses are uncommon as they are too noticeable these days.

Malwarebytes Pro catches everything even before it reaches the system mate :-)

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

The point of my comment was not that you personally store potentially confidential data on your computer, but rather the fact that this "advice" is always given out to people in every A/V thread that comes up.

Yeah, you might be good, and have the technical knowledge and the particular setup to not have any issues even if you did catch a virus, but most people will not. Even many of the people who frequent LTT forums aren't super high-level computer experts. They come here looking to learn or find help fixing issues, etc.

Also in regards to why would they try and hack your account when they won't find anything useful? Well they won't know until they try, and then it'll be a big hassle to try and reset and reclaim your hacked accounts.

I apologize for coming off as rather harsh, but I'm just tired of seeing this advice given out. If you personally feel that you're comfortable going without A/V, then that's great. But recommending others to do so is foolish, as someone who is not prepared or doesn't have the skill will end up following that advice and catching a virus anyway.

You did come off a bit harsh, but I was not advising anyone in doing what I do, hell, I usually advise people to at least install MSE. I think what happened here was that either you mistook my comment as an advice to others, or I worded my comment as if it was advice.

Regarding the accounts answer, what use would my facebook/twitter/instagram/gmail accounts be? I'll tell you, $0.30 (used cloudsweeper to check it)

Hopefully your rant attack has ended. :D

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

yes true but its better to get a back up, i got this combo from tech-vets, they are two gusy which podcast about their web master events, pretty informative but not for everyone.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well that sucks, but I've always only used the free version anyways, and the free version isn't changing, so I guess this doesn't affect me personally that much. 

COMIC SANS

No it not! Its a great tool but it not gives you a full protection. It was designed to prevent you from malicious software but its not an anti-virus and its not a Firewall. Malwarebytes catches some malwares that other anti-viruses can't..but on the other hand malwarebytes will not protect you against some viruses like the anti-viruses do. Also you turned off windows updates and firewall??? That is an invite to hackers. Malwarebytes will not protect you against hackers, thats the job of an updated windows and a firewall. You are protected just and only against malwares and adwares, maybe some viruses...but you are tottally unprotected against a lot of viruses and against Hackers. So please do yourself a favor and update your windows and turn on windows firewall and windows defender or get some other free anti virus like avast or smthing like that.

Calm your tatas down man. 

I am aware of those things, but as I don't store any sensitive data or anything like that on my pc, I just keep trusting my common sense. 

I do a check from time to time, just to see how well my common sense is working (using malwarebytes just to be on topic) and it hasn't found anything yet. 

As long as you do not have any over sensitive data, you can do just fine even without an antivirus. My pov is, why would anyone hack my accounts and whatnot if they won't get anything useful from them? 

That means you don't use your web browser for something like onine shopping? You don't pay online for your orders? You don't use paypal or steam or other web sites that stores sensitive information? If you don't then you have nothing to loose. Because malwares are looking exactly for those login informations mostly.

That means you don't use your web browser for something like onine shopping? You don't pay online for your orders? You don't use paypal or steam or other web sites that stores sensitive information? If you don't then you have nothing to loose. Because malwares are looking exactly for those login informations mostly.

You made an account just to rant? :o Anyhow welcome to LTT Forums, where everyone has their own personal opinion, and is generally friendly.

I have not had any issues with those sort of things, and I've just noticed that I had MSE installed, funny how I forgot about it because it hasn't flagged up anything since my almost annual windows re-install. 

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

You made an account just to rant? :o Anyhow welcome to LTT Forums, where everyone has their own personal opinion, and is generally friendly.

I have not had any issues with those sort of things, and I've just noticed that I had MSE installed, funny how I forgot about it because it hasn't flagged up anything since my almost annual windows re-install. 

I didn't wanted to be mean so I'm sorry if you felt my post offensive. I have an anti-virus with firewall, I ran adwcleaner and malwarebytes weekly just to make sure my pc is clean. I never had any virus alert and maybe once I found some type of malware/adware on my pc. I know what im doing but better to be prepared and protected than be suprised. Maybe you really know what are you doing,  but you never know, maybe one day you just woke up and your bank account is cleaned out, your steam account were stolen and then what? If you think you are fine then ok, good for you. But maybe some other unexperienced users will follow your advice to trust their "common sense" and that was why I posted here to warn them that don't want to be the tough guy who don't need protection because they can protect themselves.

I didn't wanted to be mean so I'm sorry if you felt my post offensive. I have an anti-virus with firewall, I ran adwcleaner and malwarebytes weekly just to make sure my pc is clean. I never had any virus alert and maybe once I found some type of malware/adware on my pc. I know what im doing but better to be prepared and protected than be suprised. Maybe you really know what are you doing,  but you never know, maybe one day you just woke up and your bank account is cleaned out, your steam account were stolen and then what? If you think you are fine then ok, good for you. But maybe some other unexperienced users will follow your advice to trust their "common sense" and that was why I posted here to warn them that don't want to be the tough guy who don't need protection because they can protect themselves.

As I said before, I wasn't advising anyone. It is just that Common sense is the best A/V out there, but that does not mean that people shouldn't take precautions. As I said, I had completely forgotten that I had MSE installed, because it has never flagged anything up, meaning that I am a rather careful user.

Another thing, where the hell in my original post did I mention that I do not have an A/V? I am amazed on how quick people jump to conclusions...

Anyhow, have fun on the forums. :)

No it not! Its a great tool but it not gives you a full protection. It was designed to prevent you from malicious software but its not an anti-virus and its not a Firewall. Malwarebytes catches some malwares that other anti-viruses can't..but on the other hand malwarebytes will not protect you against some viruses like the anti-viruses do. Also you turned off windows updates and firewall??? That is an invite to hackers. Malwarebytes will not protect you against hackers, thats the job of an updated windows and a firewall. You are protected just and only against malwares and adwares, maybe some viruses...but you are tottally unprotected against a lot of viruses and against Hackers. So please do yourself a favor and update your windows and turn on windows firewall and windows defender or get some other free anti virus like avast or smthing like that.

I update my system manually, having the system update itself while i need all processing power i can get (sadly, that's karma) gets me really angry.

As for the firewall, mbam has some basic blocking functions and my router will do the rest.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

As I said before, I wasn't advising anyone. It is just that Common sense is the best A/V out there, but that does not mean that people shouldn't take precautions. As I said, I had completely forgotten that I had MSE installed, because it has never flagged anything up, meaning that I am a rather careful user.

Another thing, where the hell in my original post did I mention that I do not have an A/V? I am amazed on how quick people jump to conclusions...

Anyhow, have fun on the forums. :)

You said: "My antivirus is called common sense, and it has been working flawlessly for over 2 years. I just keep trusting my common sense." That sounds for me like you are the person who thinks he dont need any type of anti virus. I'm a very carefull user too. My av basically sits there quietly since I installed it, no reports no blocked or suspicious files found, but that doesn't mean I don't need it. I think everyone should have proper av and firewall with updated windows + from time to time check the pc with mbam and adwcleaner sometimes with mbar just to make sure nothing passed trough av and the av called "common sense" :P and this is the best combo to protect youself.

Thank you for welcomming me :)

Malwarebytes 2.0 looks really different... maybe its a antivirus now?  But also, its not that much and 3 pc license is a good deal.  Before it was the same price forever for 1 pc.  

I update my system manually, having the system update itself while i need all processing power i can get (sadly, that's karma) gets me really angry.

As for the firewall, it has some basic blocking functions and my router will do the rest.

Im glad you are updating your win. I have auto updates off too. I don't think that mbam has any type of firewall in it. Its just blocking malicious software installation to your pc but maybe I'm wrong. Some router firewalls are really crapy so I dont trust them too much but better than nothing. But you are still unprotected against some viruses. Remember that mbam is not an av, it's not detecting all type of viruses so it won't give you full protection.

Hey everyone, Marcin here from Malwarebytes. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. I tried to cover as much as possible in the forum post at Malwarebytes, but I realize questions may still exist.

Marcin Kleczynski

You said: "My antivirus is called common sense, and it has been working flawlessly for over 2 years. I just keep trusting my common sense." That sounds for me like you are the person who thinks he dont need any type of anti virus. I'm a very carefull user too. My av basically sits there quietly since I installed it, no reports no blocked or suspicious files found, but that doesn't mean I don't need it. I think everyone should have proper av and firewall with updated windows + from time to time check the pc with mbam and adwcleaner sometimes with mbar just to make sure nothing passed trough av and the av called "common sense" :P and this is the best combo to protect youself.

Thank you for welcomming me :)

And where in that sentence does it say that I do not have an a/v? :D

Must buy O.o.... But who else just uses the free program to sweep up after mse xP.

"Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey".... Yeah

-The Doctor

Hey everyone, Marcin here from Malwarebytes. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. I tried to cover as much as possible in the forum post at Malwarebytes, but I realize questions may still exist.

Good day Marcin,

I was wondering, with the $30 Pro version that I purchased earlier, how many computers will this license cover?

Thank you.

Good day Marcin,

I was wondering, with the $30 Pro version that I purchased earlier, how many computers will this license cover?

Thank you.

1 computer forever. The license is also transferable, so if you buy a new computer you can just license it as you kill off the old computer.

Marcin Kleczynski

Must buy O.o.... But who else just uses the free program to sweep up after mse xP.

I used to until I got Avast.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 computer forever. The license is also transferable, so if you buy a new computer you can just license it as you kill off the old computer.

Thank you for the reply.

Is there any negative effect to running MWB Pro and Avast Pro at the same time?

Does anyone know if people need to use another license key for a different computer and still have MWB be activated on my old computer, or is it different license key for a different ip address?

Does anyone know if people need to use another license key for a different computer and still have MWB be activated on my old computer, or is it different license key for a different ip address?

Yes, you'll need two licences to use two activated installs simultaneously. I highly doubt it's using your IP to check. But the Malwarebytes rep can confirm this. Though even if it does work, it would be violating the EULA for Malwarebytes.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I still don't use an Antivirus and haven't had a virus on my PC for years now. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15