what effect does coffee vs energy drinks have on your skill?

sandvich64

im asking because energy drinks have more energetic substances like b vitamins and creatine and stuff, and are are known to have chemicals that reduce blood vessel dilation resulting in very slightly less oxygen to the brain. moreover coffee is just natural straight caffeine.

Just now, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

skill cannot be measured because of many aspects.

ok then lets replace skill with average kills and score or something idk

Just now, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

I think you should ask if the drinks you mentioned boost reaction time therefore you can eliminate enemies faster or more efficient therefore your score is higher.

Am I following your logic?

yea

5 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

I think you should ask if the drinks you mentioned boost reaction time therefore you can eliminate enemies faster or more efficient therefore your score is higher.

Alas, faster reaction-times may lead to lower accuracy, which would bring the score lower instead.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

20 hours ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

This more fits to Off Topic

Agreed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, sandvich64 said:

im asking because energy drinks have more energetic substances like b vitamins and creatine and stuff, and are are known to have chemicals that reduce blood vessel dilation resulting in very slightly less oxygen to the brain.

If your blood vessels are dilated there is more coronary flow, resulting in more oxygen flowing in your blood. 

21 hours ago, sandvich64 said:

moreover coffee is just natural straight caffeine. srry if this is the wrong thread btw

Caffeine is a compound in coffee. To say its natural is true, but not precise. 

To answer, no. If you are a little tired, or playing late at night, perhaps you might see an increase, but a natural good nights sleep is much better for you. Most products in energy drinks are actually endogenous,  like creatine. 

Caffeine does nothing for me. it won't give me energy or a buzz. It doesn't give me the jitters or keep me awake.

If I have too much of it at once (such as No Doze; I've never tired an energy drink), it will give me massive hearburn. I also get addicted to it and, if I don't get a fix first thing in the morning, I get a whammer of a headache, worse than the headache of a migraine but without the nausea (for me, the worst part of a migraine). A caffeine withdrawal can last one to three days, depending on how long I was addicted. I've been staying the hell away from that stuff for decades!

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

28 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Caffeine does nothing for me. it won't give me energy or a buzz. It doesn't give me the jitters or keep me awake.

If I have too much of it at once (such as No Doze; I've never tired an energy drink), it will give me massive hearburn. I also get addicted to it and, if I don't get a fix first thing in the morning, I get a whammer of a headache, worse than the headache of a migraine but without the nausea (for me, the worst part of a migraine). A caffeine withdrawal can last one to three days, depending on how long I was addicted. I've been staying the hell away from that stuff for decades!

Same here, I can literally take 2 caffeine tablets and an hour later get in bed and go to sleep.

I also get heartburn from "energy drinks" and really strong coffee.

I drink red bull because I genuinely like the taste but any more than 2 cans in a 12 hour period and I'm writhing in agony from heartburn, even heartburn medication doesn't get rid of it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Does nothing for me. 

Even in high amounts, nothing but a headache. 

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Same here, I can literally take 2 caffeine tablets and an hour later get in bed and go to sleep.

I also get heartburn from "energy drinks" and really strong coffee.

I drink red bull because I genuinely like the taste but any more than 2 cans in a 12 hour period and I'm writhing in agony from heartburn, even heartburn medication doesn't get rid of it.

I don't drink either coffee or energy-drinks. I don't like either the taste or the smell -- IMHO, both coffee and all energy-drinks smell absolutely fucking disgusting. I have forcibly drank a cup of coffee just to see what it does to me and it appears I am over-sensitive to it; all my joints and muscles began to ache. It was...interesting. Never heard of such happening to anyone else.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, floofer said:

If your blood vessels are dilated there is more coronary flow, resulting in more oxygen flowing in your blood. 

Caffeine is a compound in coffee. To say its natural is true, but not precise. 

To answer, no. If you are a little tired, or playing late at night, perhaps you might see an increase, but a natural good nights sleep is much better for you. Most products in energy drinks are actually endogenous,  like creatine. 

Caffeine is a compound in many different plants, not just coffee beans.

Fun fact: before it's processed tea leaves contain vastly more caffeine than coffee beans.

Any drug that ends with "ine" is natural and taken from plants.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

19 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Caffeine is a compound in many different plants, not just coffee beans.

Fun fact: before it's processed tea leaves contain vastly more caffeine than coffee beans.

Any drug that ends with "ine" is natural and taken from plants.

like its natural, but the caffeine that is more isolated and put in energy drinks is probably not quite so due to that process. 

Caffeine makes my ADHD a lot worse so I dont usually drink it when I am on limited time for something. Sugary shit keeps me awake until my blood levels crash down, works wonders for long ass drives, other than that consuming any of these in front a computer is a big no for me as I just cant sleep afterwards at all.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 hours ago, Levent said:

Caffeine makes my ADHD a lot worse so I dont usually drink it when I am on limited time for something. Sugary shit keeps me awake until my blood levels crash down, works wonders for long ass drives, other than that consuming any of these in front a computer is a big no for me as I just cant sleep afterwards at all.

I also have ADHD but caffeine doesn't make mine better or worse. Curiously enough, caffeine not making one alert, not drowsy, etc. is common with people with ADHD (ADHD is a spectrum so not everyone with ADHD share all the same symptoms). Avoiding caffeine hasn't been hard since I'm not overly fond of tea and I cannot stand the taste of coffee no matter how I doctor it (although I love the smell of fresh coffee). The only thing I consume that has any caffeine in it is chocolate (my drug of choice!) and it has only trace amounts of caffeine in it, not enough to trigger a caffeine addiction.

Sugar will have the same effect on me...for a short while. It was good for getting me to the next roadside rest area (or other kinda sorta safe place to pull over) when driving long distances at night. Unfortunately, I'm now prediabetic and have to stay away from sugar as much as practical. Fortunately, I don't have to drive long distances at night anymore.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

21 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Sugar will have the same effect on me...for a short while. It was good for getting me to the next roadside rest area (or other kinda sorta safe place to pull over) when driving long distances at night. Unfortunately, I'm now prediabetic and have to stay away from sugar as much as practical. Fortunately, I don't have to drive long distances at night anymore.

I got type 2 diabetes, I pretty much cant consume anything I enjoy without carrying an insulin shot. I was told that I was prediabetic back in 2011 but I didnt care back then and now here I am, still scared of needles but I have to inject myself every now and then.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

I got type 2 diabetes, I pretty much cant consume anything I enjoy without carrying an insulin shot. I was told that I was prediabetic back in 2011 but I didnt care back then and now here I am, still scared of needles but I have to inject myself every now and then.

And that is why I'm trying to stay PRE-diabetic. Being a handicapped (handitrapped, as a friend calls it) flatulent geriatric, it's not exactly easy.

Jeannie

One time i got my reaction time to around 100ms while hopped up on like 4 cans of monster. Usually I sit at around 190

5 hours ago, Withenex said:

One time i got my reaction time to around 100ms while hopped up on like 4 cans of monster. Usually I sit at around 190

pfffff one time i drank 4 rockstars equaling 1 gram of caffeine

I drink milk, one glass keeps me going all night:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I wonder what effect cocaine has on my skill. Only one way to find out

200mg caffeine pills, one or two. Mostly one.

Rarely drink coffee outside of when I eat out for breakfast.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

caffeine only makes me wanna pee

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!