Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Inevitable nationwide ban on vaping

Message added by Crunchy Dragon

Keep this thread civil or it will be locked.

 

Keep the Community Standards in mind.

Various reasons such as:

 

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF)

 

Import laws - cant import Tobacco without specialized permits that go through the US Dept. Treasury.  E-juice is under no such trade law.  Since they don't have enough control over YOU buying it yourself and selling or using (we have a table set up at each gun show selling Vape Juices and Vape cigs we buy in mass quantity from China for pennies on the dollar.  PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR.) they need to ban it, because it hurts the bottom line of their friends in Government.

 

After they ban it, they will then form a coalition on how to make sure they are involved on its cuts of sales and revenue.  Once that's established it will be lawful...if you follow their rules.  See also Alcohol.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker (or 4x8gb DDR4 2666mhz for large tasks), Corsair HX850 PSU, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MS30 M.2 SATA III, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Viotek GN24C 24" 1080p 144hz curved and Hannspree HF207 as 2nd monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Ryzen Rig 1: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Acer XF270HU 2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37628874?

Dwight: The Mixed Metals Loop Media Center.  Ask me about it.  Currently decommissioned to move to an mATX setup on a new MOBO once I pick one out (getting its facelift as of June 2020 have new air cooler, drives etc.  About 60% finished.  Will no longer be a closed loop system.  Slight update, upgraded to larger SSD, and air cooling installed Arctic Alpine cooler.

Schrute: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0, FX 8350, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (4x4) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz, Sparkle/FSP 650w PSU, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm AIO w/ 12mm thick fans to fit in top exhaust, 256gb TIMETEC SSD, 1tb WDBlack HDD, Rosewill Nautilus 1.0 case.  DSI 90-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Cherry Red switches, Zalman gaming mouse

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 2x4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, 500gb Seagate 7mm HDD attached storage, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, USB Wifi adapter all vesa mounted to the back of a 37" 1080p TV 

Linux Box: Toshiba Laptop, i7 620M, NVS graphics, 4gb ram tinker toy at the moment.  Running Manjaro XFCE at the moment.

Home Security: ZOSI 8 channel CCTV (4 used at this time, 1080p) DVR H.265+, 3tb HGST Enterprise HDD, ASUS monitor for display

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wasab said:

Does fast food caused physical withdrawal symptoms? Silly comparison. 

 

 

LOL. Absolutely one can become addicted to junk food. That is a perfectly valid comparison.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Various reasons such as:

 

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF)

 

Import laws - cant import Tobacco without specialized permits that go through the US Dept. Treasury.  E-juice is under no such trade law.  Since they don't have enough control over YOU buying it yourself and selling or using (we have a table set up at each gun show selling Vape Juices and Vape cigs we buy in mass quantity from China for pennies on the dollar.  PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR.) they need to ban it, because it hurts the bottom line of their friends in Government.

 

After they ban it, they will then form a coalition on how to make sure they are involved on its cuts of sales and revenue.  Once that's established it will be lawful...if you follow their rules.  See also Alcohol.

I tend to agree with you...this is all about govt control. Trump will NOT be re-elected if the ban becomes nationwide.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, steelo said:

LOL. Absolutely one can become addicted to junk food. That is a perfectly valid comparison.

Behavioral addiction isn't the the same as substance dependency. I am very much a video game edit but my body is not gonna be sick if I go a week without video games. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

 

Check out my guide on creating your own private cloud storage

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -Kriss- said:

The thing that killed those teens were shady chinese thc cartridges. Vaping is definatley better than cigarettes, as the second hand smoke isnt nearly as bad as cigarettes (which should not be allowed in public)

 

Probably just lobbyism from tobbaco companies. Tbh

Well the tobacco companies owe the U.S. govt billions. When they're losing business to people vaping, that raises a red flag.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wasab said:

Behavioral addiction isn't the the same as substance dependency. I am a very much video game edit but my body is not gonna be sick if I go a week without video games. 

Addiction is addiction my friend. I won't feel physically sick and break out into cold sweats if I stop vaping, but I am not going to be in a very good mood for about 2-3 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, steelo said:

Addiction is addiction my friend. I won't feel sick if I stop vaping, but I am not going to be in a very good mood for about 2-3 days.

Haha. You almost sound like you can quit vaping/smoking as easily as quitting junk food and video games. If this is the reason, it begs the question why you choose to vape?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

 

Check out my guide on creating your own private cloud storage

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wasab said:

Haha. You almost sound like you can quit vaping/smoking as easily as quitting junk food and video games. If this is the reason, it begs the question why you choose to vape?

Why do you play video games? 

 

I vape because frankly, I enjoy it...a lot more than when I was getting constant headaches and hacking up a lung while smoking cigarettes. 

 

Which begs the question, since cigarettes kill 400k people a year and fast food has caused an obesity epidemic in this country, are you for banning those as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I'd say it's not as harmful as second hand smoke, but still not good for you. AFAIK some studies show that vape fumes contain carcinogens. 

yea ive seen some of those...some the carcinogens were whats in the air already. but ive seen some also do the equipment incorrectly...(example) overcooking the juice, basically burning it cause they constantly held the power to get more plume out of it. no one does that...and another is they cooked the element dry...(yes that will cause carcinogens)

and of course what juice they used...i wouldnt trust premade carts especially from china...those have been known to be risky because they are made cheap as hell. and final, flavoring, to me some flavoring shouldnt be used

again its a know what you use

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, circeseye said:

yea ive seen some of those...some the carcinogens were whats in the air already. but ive seen some also do the equipment incorrectly...(example) overcooking the juice, basically burning it cause they constantly held the power to get more plume out of it. no one does that...and another is they cooked the element dry...(yes that will cause carcinogens)

and of course what juice they used...i wouldnt trust premade carts especially from china...those have been known to be risky because they are made cheap as hell. and final, flavoring, to me some flavoring shouldnt be used

again its a know what you use

I've never gotten sick over a juice because I follow the rules and purchase my e-juices from a reputable source. Every single one of these vaping deaths were caused by improper mixtures of vit E and CBD. In other words, these folks didn't go to the vape shop on the corner to purchase their juice. They either produced them themselves or bought them from a second hand source.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, steelo said:

Why do you video game? 

 

I vape because frankly, I enjoy it...a lot more than when I was getting constant headaches and hacking up a lung while smoking cigarettes.

Because of the fact it doesn't kill me from doing it, it kills boredom, and I can easily quit if I wish to? When I'm in school, I rarely play anymore. If I hang out with friends, I barely need video games for the purpose of entertainment at all. Can you say the same about your vaping habits? Can you choose to not have it for a prolong period? Can you easily substitute it with anything none addictive and none harmful? 

 

I doubt it. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

 

Check out my guide on creating your own private cloud storage

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wasab said:

Because of the fact it doesn't kill me from doing it, it kills boredom, and I can easily quit if I wish to? When I'm in school, I rarely play anymore. If I hang out with friends, I barely need video games for the purpose of entertainment at all  Can you say the same about your vaping habits? Can you choose to not have it for a prolong period? Can you easily substitute it with anything none addictive and harmful? 

 

I doubt it. 

Since the e-juice I'm using right at this moment does not contain nicotine, yes not doing it is certainly a viable option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, steelo said:

I've never gotten sick over a juice because I follow the rules and purchase my e-juices from a reputable source. Every single one of these deaths were caused by improper mixtures or because their juice was laced with vit E and CBD improperly.

ive actually had bad vape before...a shop used a certain sweetener that literally stayed in my lungs and it was like coughing up sugar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steelo said:

Since the e-juice I'm using right at this moment does not contain nicotine, yes not doing it is certainly a viable option.

If it doesn't contain nicotine, why is it called a vape? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

 

Check out my guide on creating your own private cloud storage

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, circeseye said:

ive actually had bad vape before...a shop used a certain sweetener that literally stayed in my lungs and it was like coughing up sugar.

Ugh...that sounds awful. Hope I never experience that.

 

I've smoked cheap cigarettes that felt much worse than vaping. Ever try pall malls? LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wasab said:

If it doesn't contain nicotine, why is it called a vape? 

vapor I assume?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I started smoking cigarettes in high school, it was a dumb decision, I know that. Never got super bad but did notice some shortness of breath issues after the first year or so but I wasn't about to give it up just because I got winded faster while running. It got bad I'd wake up, cigarette. Off Campus lunch, two cigarettes. After school, 3 or 4 cigarettes, repeat. And that was my Junior year, Vaping became a thing about halfway through my senior year and a few friends that also smoked picked it up and said it made them feel better they didn't get winded and it tasted a hell of a lot better. So I picked it up, bought my first little cheapo kit and started out with 9mg nicotine, after a couple months I switched to 6 then 3 and then 0mg nicotine. I haven't had nicotine in years and have never had an ill feeling or side effect from vaping. It's not even flavored nicotine juice that these kids are getting sick and dying from if you actually read up and do research on the issue it's found that in all cases it's non-regulated, non-quality controlled THC Vape Cartridges or chinese non-approved juice that have non-dilutable oils in them. There have been no cases where actually tested and approved vape juice has caused these side effects, sicknesses, or death. It's your opinion if you don't like vaping but it DOES help people. Just because some stupid underage kids find a way to get bad THC cartridges usually the same way they get weed, and get sick from it doesn't mean that law abiding people that are of age and buy from reputable approved companies and just vape flavored nicotine or non-nicotine juice have to be punished as well. 

Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200mhz | AIO - H100i Pro RGB | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME SSD / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Seagate 2TB Firecuda Hybrid Drive |

 

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G - Deep Black 512GB |

 

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wasab said:

If it doesn't contain nicotine, why is it called a vape? 

seriously? why do you think its called nic vape or weed vape and vape (for none nic)...vape is what is caused when heating pg or vg ...hense vapor

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, circeseye said:

seriously? why do you think its called nic vape or weed vape and vape (for none nic)...vape is what is caused when heating pg or vg ...hense vapor

Idk. Thought it's just marketing brands. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

 

Check out my guide on creating your own private cloud storage

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I started smoking cigarettes in high school, it was a dumb decision, I know that. Never got super bad but did notice some shortness of breath issues after the first year or so but I wasn't about to give it up just because I got winded faster while running. It got bad I'd wake up, cigarette. Off Campus lunch, two cigarettes. After school, 3 or 4 cigarettes, repeat. And that was my Junior year, Vaping became a thing about halfway through my senior year and a few friends that also smoked picked it up and said it made them feel better they didn't get winded and it tasted a hell of a lot better. So I picked it up, bought my first little cheapo kit and started out with 9mg nicotine, after a couple months I switched to 6 then 3 and then 0mg nicotine. I haven't had nicotine in years and have never had an ill feeling or side effect from vaping. It's not even flavored nicotine juice that these kids are getting sick and dying from if you actually read up and do research on the issue it's found that in all cases it's non-regulated, non-quality controlled THC Vape Cartridges or chinese non-approved juice that have non-dilutable oils in them. There have been no cases where actually tested and approved vape juice has caused these side effects, sicknesses, or death. It's your opinion if you don't like vaping but it DOES help people. Just because some stupid underage kids find a way to get bad THC cartridges usually the same way they get weed, and get sick from it doesn't mean that law abiding people that are of age and buy from reputable approved companies and just vape flavored nicotine or non-nicotine juice have to be punished as well. 

I picked up smoking while serving in the Air Force. I remember waking up each and every morning with a migraine and coughing up brown and black mucus. Ever since I began vaping, I can now jog, bicycle without gasping for air.

 

Nobody is saying vaping is healthy, but it makes no sense to ban a healthier alternative to cigarettes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wasab said:

Idk. Thought it's just marketing brands. 

I don't know to be honest, man. Never put much thought into it. I assume vapor

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, steelo said:

I picked up smoking while serving in the Air Force. I remember waking up each and every morning with a migraine and coughing up brown and black mucus. Ever since I began vaping, I can now jog, bicycle without gasping for air.

 

Nobody is saying vaping is healthy, but it makes no sense to ban a healthier alternative to cigarettes.

started smoking at 12, smoked for over 30 years could not quit..vape saved me. now i vape just cause im used to the act, not anything else. guess you can say addicted to puffing on something lol. but without the withdrawels ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, circeseye said:

started smoking at 12, smoked for over 30 years could not quit..vape saved me. now i vape just cause im used to the act, not anything else. guess you can say addicted to puffing on something lol. but without the withdrawels ?

And a lot of these people who vape are going to go right back to cigarettes...In this case, government intervention will probably do more harm than good.

 

But as long as the govt reaps the benefits of nicotine addiction by being able to collect those sweet-sweet tax dollars, it's a win to these politicians.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, wasab said:

If it doesn't contain nicotine, why is it called a vape? 

What happens when you heat up a liquid? It vaporizes.

 

I don't support the ban, if you use proper vapes and proper liquids it is much much safer than smoking.

All the problems to date (popcorn lung, and the deaths) were caused by sketchy liquids, but if you use proper ones it is safe enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×