Ever gonna offer discounts on the LTT store

WhatsaCPU

On your videos, you guys often have a discount offer with the sponsor of that video,  But I have never seem you offer a discount offer code for your LTT store.  Any reason why that is?

Because selling merch isn't giving very big cut to LMG already. Any discount will make that cut smaller, and they don't have that big of buyer base to cover it.

Its quite different with sponsors offering services, or 10% discounts of products. Thats already factored in to their profit margins.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Order demand must be so low they order them by small batches.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

They have offered special deals during WAN show, but yeah I don't think they have a very big profit margin so discounts are really only for overstock items

They have made deals on LTT store, just that it's on WAN show and not their normal videos.

And at least once it wasn't a straight discount directly if I remember right, it was if you bought X combination of things you got a free cap or something, don't quote me

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

We are trying to offer promotions that don't create an expectation of lower prices. Our everyday prices are reasonable, so when we offer a promo it'll be to get rid of dead stock, promote new items/bundles, reduce shipping rates, etc. 

One of the double edged swords of e-commerce is that if you drop the price outright you make your next customer happy... But it comes at the expense of your last one. 

That's why it's best (from a retailers perspective) to only drop the price when something is going eol, and best to never do it at all. Otherwise you end up with steam gamers - "nah ill pick it up next week when it's on mega sale" 

Some inside baseball for you to consider. Hope it was helpful :)

5 hours ago, LinusTech said:

We are trying to offer promotions that don't create an expectation of lower prices. Our everyday prices are reasonable, so when we offer a promo it'll be to get rid of dead stock, promote new items/bundles, reduce shipping rates, etc. 

One of the double edged swords of e-commerce is that if you drop the price outright you make your next customer happy... But it comes at the expense of your last one. 

That's why it's best (from a retailers perspective) to only drop the price when something is going eol, and best to never do it at all. Otherwise you end up with steam gamers - "nah ill pick it up next week when it's on mega sale" 

Some inside baseball for you to consider. Hope it was helpful :)

Yeah, one of the things that made me ask this was the price of "The Swacket", and underwear.  I mean there are much cheaper options if you want just a jacket, or undies.  But I don't know what goes into making them.

• 2 years later...

to norway. the bag is 250, shipping is 50 and tax 75.. omg! i want the bag but 375 Dollar for a bag..

1 minute ago, afalan1 said:

to norway. the bag is 250, shipping is 50 and tax 75.. omg! i want the bag but 375 Dollar for a bag..

Aside from the fact you revived a two year old thread, this has been discussed to death. There's very little LMG can do about it.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Aside from the fact you revived a two year old thread, this has been discussed to death. There's very little LMG can do about it.

omg, wrong thread. haha