what is this thing called please answer

VenzRoque1

Yes, we call that a beige box /s is there any connectors/ ports on it?

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

yeah its somewhat internet related , ISP told us that we can use it as an extender for lan but i cant open the thing and i want to watch some video on how to open it

2 minutes ago, VenzRoque1 said:

yeah its somewhat internet related , ISP told us that we can use it as an extender for lan but i cant open the thing and i want to watch some video on how to open it

... I wouldn’t use that. Just get a longer Ethernet cable

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

I assume that inside might be a barell connection, so female-female to extend you ethernet cable. I don't think this is an active repeater.

image.jpeg.bfe7d2269eefaa475c26593850185cc3.jpeg

Looks like the Bromine has largely taken over the plastic in this unit :P

/s

This is likely - as mentioned above - a simple female to female adapter to plug in two cables into each other. You can use it (although I hope the cabling inside is good enough for Gb speeds) or just get a longer cable.

Doesn't look like it's a Powerline adapter, so wall plug on it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

We have these at the Job I think. Multiple Ethernet goes in. They terminate to Ethernet ports. Mind you I work in a dusty warehouse. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Are there any ports on the side you didn't show us? Or just those small cutouts on the one side?

If there's no power outlet, then it's not a repeater (A repeater takes the signal for Ethernet, and extends it beyond the 100m limit). It could be a coupler inside.

We'd have to see it without the cover to say more.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

By looking at it, I am pretty sure that it is an outdoor weather enclosure. The guts of it are unknown as you said you didn't know how to get into it. Being as it looks like it mounts on a wall, grab onto both of the wings (with the screw holes in them) and pull the opposite way of the case. It looks to be mounted with the wings down, with the opening down as well. The case would be lifted upward and off to expose whatever is inside. Half guessing it is empty but won't know until it is pulled apart. Might be a good friction fit.

I would take it back to the ISP and have them show you how to use it. That is definitely not something the average home use would know what to do with. But the beige part should slide up or down away from the wing parts. (as stated by Guruofnothing a couple posts up. If you are just need to extend an ether net line I would just order a coupler off amazon they are like 5 bucks US$. If you need to go longer then 328 FT then you need a powered repeater.. that's a long run, I don't think you need that much lol. (but maybe you are trying to Ethernet to an out building at the end of a farm or something I don't know lol ?