Project [Insert Name] - Enthoo Primo - Rigid acrylic - Red

Welcome to my first build log ever :) I don't really have much to say really, it was an awesome experience and I hope I did a fairly good job considering that, for a first timer, I might have set my standards a bit high and had a few difficulties here and there but I personally think it turned out great. Anyways, please enjoy the few pictures I took during the process  :lol:

COMPUTER PARTS LIST:

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
CPU: Intel 4770k
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Maximus VI Formula
GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII
RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz 
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB
SSD: ADATA SX900 256GB
PSU: Corsair AX760 760W

WATERCOOLING PARTS LIST:

PUMP: Alphacool VPP655 w/ D5 HF Top
TUBING: Primochill 1/2in Rigid Acrylic Tubing (RED)
FITTINGS: Primochill Rigid Revolver Compression Fittings
RADIATORS: 1x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm + 1x Alphacool NexXxos Monsta 480mm
RESERVOIR: 1x Primochill CTR Compression Tube Reservoir 240mm  1x Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250mm
CPU BLOCK: EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ - Acetal
GPU BLOCK: EK-FC780 GTX DCII - Acetal/Nickel
RAM BLOCK: EK Monarch X4 - Acetal
COOLANT: Distilled Water + Primochill Liquid Utopia

MISC:

MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM

KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 
FANS: 8x Scythe GT AP-15 + 2x Phanteks case fans (forgot the name..)
OHTER FITTINGS: Bitspower aqua pipe, mini-valve, 90 degree barb fitting, HF barb fittings
OTHER TUBING: Primochill Advanced LRT
REPLACEMENT PARTS: EK-RAM Monarch Module
OTHERS: ModSmart cable bundlers, IC Diamond TC

gZaMRXXl.jpg
First package :)

w0kbCWJl.jpg
Got all excited at the sight of this

YyPXUdsl.jpg
What was inside

U7G4dzrl.jpg

HKs4EY4l.jpg

5gMlkAgl.jpg
Removed heatsinks

oOcntORl.jpg

A6ly28hl.jpg

lXg4j0Tl.jpg
New heatsinks preparing to be installed

71nquqTl.jpg
Watercooled-ready RAM

fedMxd4l.jpg

qacLgg5l.jpg

Hv4fMRkl.jpg

sAvBVN0l.jpg

n9H2Jdul.jpg

JobXV9Dl.jpg

naWr3pMl.jpg

6uR4V1Hl.jpg

geHi2sWl.jpg

83OOb5Tl.jpg

I1T8KPjl.jpg

hZg6HtRl.jpg

YzJ3bUel.jpg
Wanted to keep everything clean so I did buy the clean top to replace the default

zPtegqLl.jpg

rgLAMMEl.jpg

jZZxmkal.jpg

DDKbu1Ml.jpg
Removed GPU heatsink

AhypjWhl.jpg
Installed waterblock

tT2oiItl.jpg

PlUnbYql.jpg

Case stripped of most doors and covers

t8fnfc6l.jpg

RkiAON6l.jpg

pk9I7q0l.jpg
Test the core components and it posted :)

mvwSf2Ul.jpg
Flushing radiators

qh59G5fl.jpg
Had to remove a rubber gromet to fit the monstruous Monsta rad on the bottom. It was pretty tight but it fit :)

AuTEcqRl.jpg
Bottom fans installation

jDErY8Yl.jpg
Top fans installation

BNwUSCXl.jpg
Connecting fans to the hub

pqS72A4l.jpg

sr1maldl.jpg
CPU and RAM installed

U3L70CDl.jpg
Ghetto scotch pump mount

3r5gFLCl.jpg
Simple draining system

KQOwxvFl.jpg

JM1JZQol.jpg
Holes were not punched for the antennas to pass through, weird. Had to do it myself

0h6MrCol.jpg
Preparing to drill holes to mount reservoir on the pretty awesome reservoir bracket

Sh3IZmvl.jpg
Motherboard and reservoir installed w/ fittings

zgJf6Eol.jpg
Mess around the back

EmMz7X5l.jpg
Slightly better, had to remove the power supply for a moment there, which is why no psu cables yet

RuKOUKMl.jpg
First attempt at cutting and bending tube. Was off by a bit

VYYASuul.jpg
A few tubes ready to go

Op8mDqPl.jpg

l4KI8S0l.jpg
Tube..melted..so i ran out of rigid tubing and had to resort to a piece of soft tubing instead. Fortunately we don't see it too much (see below)

gXae7oYl.jpg
All the tubing installed, including the piece of soft tubing coming out of the bottom of the reservoir. Not too bad, mostly hidden by the side panel afterwards

VVnPWnql.jpg
Leak test

oEFnowrl.jpg

ZMy5BWnl.jpg
Okay so my reservoir cracked, i made a post previously about how i went about to finding out. Here's a link to it if you're interested http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/96238-primochill-advanced-crt-reservoir-to-avoid-rant/ . PS: the case behind that is a BitFenix Phenom M I bought part of the small build I was doing for my sister at the same time as I was dealing with the leaking. I might post some pictures later on if you guys want, nothing fancy really ahaha, pretty messy too

KNsBj01l.jpg
New leak test with Bitspower water tank z-multi

Q2AgItNl.jpg
And voilà!

2MTesbrl.jpg

qtfdtuhl.jpg

5RUyqizl.jpg

4Mq6Tfml.jpg

I don't really like how the final pictures turned out but I just wasn't able to take a good shot, forgive me for that. Either way, thank you for checking out my first ever build log and hope you have enjoyed :)

*Trivia: Had to plug the 4-pin that came out of the fan hub to the cpu fan header as FanXpert2 didn't recognize the fan hub anywhere else and wouldn't allow me to control my fans rpm. I also had planned to leave my rig on my table but heck was it bigger than I expected (very similar to 800D) and it was realllyyyy heavy. I might add some LED strips on a later date but for now I'm satisfied. 

Keyboard and mouse pictures added below http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/#entry1448518

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

You deserve a pat on the back good sir

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Love it.
Only thing I'd change, is adding some kind of LED lighting to the interior so you can see more of the beautiful handiwork. :wub:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

You deserve a pat on the back good sir

Thank you sir :)

Love it.

Only thing I'd change, is adding some kind of LED lighting to the interior so you can see more of the beautiful handiwork. :wub:

I'm considering it, just on a later date :)

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

awsome.

Corsair 350d | Asus Maximus VI Gene | Intel Core i7 4770k | Corsair h100i | Reference GTX 780 | Corsair AX760i | WD 1tb green | Samsung 840 pro 256gb

shouldve used fiji water rather than walmart water

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

the enthoo primoo is a beautiful case with tons of great features (lol, my friend got one and uses it for his phenom II x4 and 7870 and some crappy super flower psu xD);

it took us a solid 30 minutes to figure out all the cables/connectors even with the manual  :lol:

the enthoo primoo is a beautiful case with tons of great features (lol, my friend got one and uses it for his phenom II x4 and 7870 and some crappy super flower psu xD);

it took us a solid 30 minutes to figure out all the cables/connectors even with the manual  :lol:

Yeah it took me a while to understand that the extra cables were for LED strips...never seen them before ahaha but it is a beautiful case :)

Great job on the build

great choices all around

great case and was digging the glamour shots :)

Great job on the build

great choices all around

great case and was digging the glamour shots :)

love that case :o

It is indeed a beautiful case :) Phanteks did a fantastic job, even more considering it's their first computer case attempt ever

Just realized I never actually posted pictures of my keyboard and mouse so here it is  :mellow:

YFevHwol.jpg

Ducky Shine 3

23Rz8tRl.jpg

Logitech G602

wkJantOl.jpg

Monkey wanted in  :huh:

• 2 months later...

Subbed!

Just wondering what you used to remove the RAM covers?

I have heard so many different ideas from freezing to heating to just brute force!

Also do you know if removing them voids the warranty?

Subbed!

Just wondering what you used to remove the RAM covers?

I have heard so many different ideas from freezing to heating to just brute force!

Also do you know if removing them voids the warranty?

Thank you :)  I simply heated the ram first to make the glue holding the heat spreaders more malleable. Then I used a normal plastic ruler, the ones with a little angled down edge (smth like that http://i.imgur.com/e73k1go.png), to slowly ply off the heat spreader. Compared to other tools I've seen people use, a plastic ruler is easy to find lying around, has the advantage of being able to apply even pressure everywhere since it's longer than the ram itself, and since it's plastic and less sharp, has less chances of harming the ram itself. 

As for the warranty, I'm pretty sure it voids it so just be careful; it's pretty easy though so don't worry  ;)

Lookin good. Not so sure about that tubing...but each to their own.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Lookin good. Not so sure about that tubing...but each to their own.

Thanks :) I'm not entirely satisfied with my tubing runs either; definitely could have done a better job with cleaner bends. I did want to try out hard tubing which seemed more durable and less of a pain to deal with in the long run versus soft tubing but it was definitely not easy to work with. I might take another shot at it in a few years but for a first build I'm content  ^_^ not to say it would've been pretty time consuming and expensive to start over ;p

• 6 months later...

Update?

I have a few things planned for December, mostly aesthetic changes to the build and upgrading my audio setup but nothing right now. I'll definitely update then :)