MEGAMIND ‘Google brain’ implants could mean end of school as anyone will be able to learn anything instantly

Edward78

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/8710836/google-brain-implants-could-mean-end-of-school-as-anyone-will-be-able-to-learn-anything-instantly/

Wonder if they will come out with implants that will let doctors experience how you see & hear, like tie into your senses.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

i'm not gonna have a bunch of ads flash in my eyes before learning something, right...?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

i'm not gonna have a bunch of ads flash in my eyes before learning something, right...?

Ya, I don't trust it.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

7 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/8710836/google-brain-implants-could-mean-end-of-school-as-anyone-will-be-able-to-learn-anything-instantly/

Wonder if they will come out with implants that will let doctors experience how you see & hear, like tie into your senses.

What a stupid exaggeration, the whole god damn article. Having an implant that can google for answers isn't the same thing as you having learned something. It's pretty much the same thing as looking up an answer in a book -- you may know the answer to the question then, but that doesn't mean you actually understand the concept or know how to adapt the knowledge in real life. That is to say, having memorized something doesn't mean having learned something.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

kill a cat

*eyes @WereCat suspiciously*

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

32 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

What a stupid exaggeration, the whole god damn article. Having an implant that can google for answers isn't the same thing as you having learned something. It's pretty much the same thing as looking up an answer in a book -- you may know the answer to the question then, but that doesn't mean you actually understand the concept or know how to adapt the knowledge in real life. That is to say, having memorized something doesn't mean having learned something.

I teach.  To a lot of students learning == Googleing the information and reading the results page.  

Not clicking the links and reading them... or reading the inevitable Wikipedia article and its sources. 

When I tell them that learning involves hard mental work for hours on end.... they complain to the dean and try to get me fired. (Good luck with that.)

Just the thought of removing more human contact from our interactions leaves me concerned.   It's bad enough that most of society gets it's information from social media let alone one company holding a substantial key to official education.    

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Neo. You're the one and you're breathtaking. 

^Beat me to it xD 

giphy.gif

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Hmmm where have i seen this before....

Nice Neuromods Google. Totally safe.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

3 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Hmmm where have i seen this before....

Not to mention...

giphy.gif

That's what Android 2365 will do to us. 

14 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Ya, not sure why they call that learning.

Given their politics, Google is the last company that should be trusted with this.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Given their politics, Google is the last company that should be trusted with this.

I don't want anyone putting something like this in my head.

My brain caught a virus! I need to factory reset my head!

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

23 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Make sure to clear your cookies or go into incognito mode, otherwise you might get interesting ads in public :S 

"Hey Google, show me images for big tiddy onee-san."

"Hey Google, I need safe search off for this search... for my Master's thesis." 

"?"

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

thinks "man this is cool" gets 500 million ads for it in youtube.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!