About James...

James is doing well.I would only want him less on screen if it would mean nicky v came back xD 

it sounds like your saying hes doing it on purpose like some evil mastermind taking over.

everyone is different, character wise and everyone has their flaws. the fact that you dont like james doesnt mean that now they gotta react and give him less screen time. i mean talk about ego-detector.

personally hes hit and miss with me too. mostly i like how few fucks he gives but then im dissapointed whenever his lacking knowledge of tech shines though.

but if the ratings/views say people like him then by all means. the fact that he is in more and more videos has nothing to do with the fame going to his head or something. you think LTT picks the video hosts just nilli willi. im sure theres some sort of analytics going on about whos face to put in front of a camera.

also i dont think its your or anyones place really to give them business advice since they didnt ask you for it. sure feedback is fine i guess but i just think that assuming they will react just because you made a post kinda looks like you have an ego problem. unless youre trying to rally the troops here and form a militia against james but id have to ask: ...really? you wanna be THAT guy? just chill and dont watch the video with his face on it. if enough people do that then probably someone at LTT will notice that james' videos dont do so well and send him back to his corner desk

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

What are yapping on about, OP?

James is fine, i like Anthony better but in general James is a really nice, high spirits presenter.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

I've never felt like James was doing anything malicious or of ill-intent whenever he was on camera. He's just being himself, a goofball. I love it when he does ad reads like Fresh Books. What, would you rather him be a boring and drab low hanging ballsack? No? I didn't think so.

I see democracy has spoken and people generally dont have much against James. Well that's good :)

I must see more egoism in him than most. It just itches me, and I gotta live with that.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

What kind of human refers to people as garbage tier?  Have I become so enlightened as a Destiny 2 bow god that I can no longer even interface with cancerous specimen?  Are the wavelengths vibrating so slowly that my process unit will not even register it's existence?  I can't see the toxic bog monster but I can feel it drape it's sharpened sludge like fingernails on the back of my mind.  Watching me, undressing me with its googly eyes.  I must return to the traveler and warn the others.  The demon is back, and we need bigger guns.

The trend seems to be that if you have any criticism of James' presenting style, you get shouted down. And yet there are more than a few threads about this exact issue.

Meanwhile people outright call Riley garbage without a second thought.

Personally I prefer Riley over James

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

I keep wanting to see the LTT studios get an RGB toilet.  As for presenters, I don't really care, so long as the video is on a topic I'm interested in.  

Each of them has their own style.

I do heavily prefer videos where Linus is having a mental breakdown over costs or the staff messing around.  The Red Camera cost video was hilarious. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

3 hours ago, Daniel Bogren said:

What kind of human refers to people as garbage tier?  

I mean....
https://roguerocket.com/2019/07/09/tampering-with-store-products-has-become-an-online-trend/
Sorry but if you do that kind of shit, you're garbage tier.

As for calling James or the other employees of LMG that... Nah, that's just rude.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

You are basically kind of hating his personality and attitude.

I feel like James actually brings more life into the show with his vivid presence and kind of prefer him as he usually kind of brings a twist to the news and makes them more entertaining.

Not that there are any issues with Riley but I find it quite intriguing, if anything, that you dislike his way of presenting the show.

On 6/23/2019 at 11:27 AM, PowerDuDe_DK said:

I really don't see why Linus hired him.

James isn't only a presenter but also a writer. Keep in mind that there is no given job as a presenter at LMG as you find out all presenters have a different job while they're off screen. You can actually check what each of them are hired on the LMG website near the bottom of the page.

Also suggested by the vast majority disagreeing on your main point it clearly seems that that you are one of the very few who happens not to like a protagonist. Linus doesn't just put anyone up at the camera to present but rather assign them based on their skill and suitability for the job. 

Similarly anyone could argue that Linus shouldn't be a presenter, or Riley or anyone for that matter and what you will find is similar answers like the ones on this thread. 

If you don't like him, then don't watch the videos/lives he presents.

• 3 weeks later...

I will say from what I can see I don't like his personality and attitude. I feel like he does have a big ego and that he wants the spotlight on him. One bit of evidence, I didn't go back and find the specific wan shows but he has mentioned how he is vegetarian/vegan cant remember which like its some badge of honor then sat there during a wan show and was like whatever I'll eat the jerky. I feel like Linus has earned the right to have a bit of an ego because he built the damn channel. Luke has the right but it never really shows to me, I feel its very rare for him to get on a soap box. I just don't like James and I'm not gonna be afraid to say it. With the talk lately about Linus stepping back and being on camera less I feel its our right as viewers to voice our opinions her on who we wanna watch and also through our views. I just don't watch videos where James hosts, and if hes a guest on the wan show I give it a thumbs down to show my disapproval. If hes really being annoying on the wan show I will also just stop watching.  

James is a bit "game show host". I think it works, but could see some might not like it.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

Imo James is one of the coolest/most interesting presenters, though Brandon stole my heart recently. Anthony doesn't seem to enjoy presenting videos and his joke delivery is a bit stiff(plus he's not as sexy as Colton). His videos are mostly great on the research part, but I feel the channel would be much smaller with him as the main man.

Luckily Linus won't make decisions based on forum comments :)

as i said yesterday about Jake in another thread, everyone at LMG is different. this is a good thing. it brings something for everything. 

basically deal with it.

James and Riley are my favorite parts of LTT as of late ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 7/31/2019 at 7:49 AM, Loote said:

Anthony doesn't seem to enjoy presenting videos and his joke delivery is a bit stiff(plus he's not as sexy as Colton)

Anthony's gotten better and better doing videos as he's gotten more comfortable in front of the camera. He's clearly the megabrain of the operation.

On 7/31/2019 at 8:10 AM, BasicallyAMod said:

basically deal with it.

just gotta say...your avatar is really freaking me out :/

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

Funny how your “ego detector” works fine on others but doesn’t work on you. Typical. What is this really about, kiddo?

On 6/22/2019 at 3:03 PM, PowerDuDe_DK said:

** THIS IS NOT A HATE POST - MERELY IN THE INTEREST FOR THE BEST OF LINUS MEDIA GROUP **

James appearance on the show has recently been dominated by his personality, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when he can't control his urge to steal the spotlight, it's starting to become a problem.

I'm here to share my concern on James, skewing the brand image of LMG and their youtube channels towards a negative direction.... concerns, not blames.

From the first time I saw james. I had a hard time with him, and tried not to judge. And I would lie if I said he didn't trigger my ego-detector.

What I'm refering to is, as a video host (on LMG) you have a role to fulfill which is; Read the script, stay in character, and dont skew too much off script... and always ALWAYS keep the news in the focus (and not yourself).

The issue at hand, and some video references (or evicence, if you wonna turn this into a crime investigation lol):

- First time I SAW him on WAN show... no wait.. really just pick ANY WAN show which stars James:

https://youtu.be/C0UeWlaeBOA

https://youtu.be/GMF9Av4BhLE

And here the latest WAN show: https://youtu.be/rOpYUw2V4B0

If this isn't enough for you... I got the meat of the treat here:

Please tell me your thoughts...

Here we see the alpha male reassuring his audience of his dominance: 

And here we see a silent gazelle camly sipping off the lake in serenity, UNTILL ABRUPLTY DISTURBED BY A VICIOUS CARNIVORE (roar.. it's james time):

This time it's Riley time..... deal with it.

My honest suggestion for Linus Media Group is NOT to fire or dismiss him, but to merely give him less screen time (and microphone time in general)... seems like it's getting to his head.

Please be kind to James in the comments. My concerns lies at LMG.

Personally i do not see the concern nor the issue with this. I personally really like how everybody at LMG has their own little show within the show. It puts character to the channel and diversity. In the example video you put out in the bottom (of james), to me it all feel as if it is just planned out to be humoristic and fun and nothing more than that.

And also to be quite honest i really do feel that youre kind of rude in your post too.

quote: "seems like it's getting to his head" as an example. Who are you to dictate how LMG is going to run their show? Allright i get it, its ofcourse good to come with constructive critics but i do not believe that this is the right way to do it.

On 6/23/2019 at 6:19 AM, Video Beagle said:

This is vearing off topic, but I've been seeing this format of..joke? meme?...recently, but I don't understand it. Can you explain?

Nobody:

Absolutely nobody:

Literally nobody:

Linus: *Drops something*

^ does that help a bit

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 2:25 AM, Video Beagle said:

just gotta say...your avatar is really freaking me out :/

lol

Edit: didn't realize this thread was dead, sorry

Edited by danomicar
dead thread!

1 hour ago, danomicar said:

Edit: didn't realize this thread was dead, sorry

What makes you think it was dead?

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!