About James...

About an hour after I posted this, I kinda regretted it, because I saw how this is only to get away with my anger and dislike of James.

I don't like his big ego... and.. that's about it.. yep....

Thanks for listening.... even thou I probably should've kept this for myself :)

On 6/25/2019 at 10:07 AM, Vexing said:

I think you're confusing confidence with arrogance.

Okay... maybe..

I'll admit I dont like overly confident people, because, most of the ones I've met, imply that all they know and say, is true...... because they "feel it in their gut". Not because of some proven fact or study or some sort.

It irritates me and drains me. And that's probably because I envy the people who can camly and CONFIDENTLY say and believe that what they say, is true.

Me and James personality doesn't mix well...

4 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

They are not playing characters, they do tech reviews and stuff... They are themselves.. Also again, it's a YouTube channel. Not a movie or TV series, sticking to the worded script 100% is not needed nor required, and to be honest if they did "act" more and just stuck to a script they'd be a lot more boring to watch.

I don't see how he is reassuing his dominance? What? lol.. I don't see anything wrong with the guy or what he is doing. Even Linus has his time when he acts like this, then there's Colton and Dennis. It's all in great fun, if you think this is "reassuring their dominance" I'd wager more on you being highly insecure or.. Something? So you need to point or find flaws with others..

Deal with it? What? Excuse me? lol.. Riley is also a cool person, he can be funny and charming. I don't see anything wrong with him, again. Maybe you are insecure about yourself? I can see a pattern here because both James and Riley can be kinda "out there" and really forward and stuff.. On the point, jumping the gun etc.

This thread turned out to be more than expected.

I'm currently rethinking exactly how wise it was to express my dislike with James here in the forums...

But oh well... I did.. and oh god do I realize now that not too many shares my belief, or opinion... (now I'm sad.. buhuu.. I didn't get the satisfaction I wanted....... something something yadda yadda)...

I wont quote you on anything.... but I'll have you know 1 thing: I'm on the Riley band wagon! yay go Riley =D Riley for president! Give Riley an Oscar! Please have kids so we can have mini Rileys growing up and make funny Riley jokes and.. and... okay too much i'll stop.. sry.. :P

On 6/22/2019 at 6:41 PM, TheBritishVillain said:

Nobody:

OP: James sucks.

You can't hear it.......... but I'm hysterically laughing after marking this as the best answer... plus informative.

You're welcome...

On 6/25/2019 at 10:19 AM, Quadriplegic said:

Well, that's part of his character. He is somewhat of an asshole, but has charisma. 

Meanwhile, Riley is absolute garbage tier. He sucks as presenter (unless his role is to suck, hint hint), sucks as script writer and sucks as a forum staff (CONSTANTLY messes up video uploads).

But he sucks in a very funny way... and he's having a blast at it.

James doesn't nag me too much lately, but he's still an egoistic dick... and he interrupts people while they talk. And people let him talk because they're polite, and James sometimes utilizes that. You can almost see it in Linus' face in WAN show when he interrupts him.... Linus face goes "oh.. he does it again.. well better be the kind boss".

Edit: Okay, he still makes me mad xD

On 6/23/2019 at 9:08 PM, Delicieuxz said:

Linus and Riley and also Luke do that too, and I haven't noticed James doing it particularly. So, you sure that's what you take issue with?

I think it's just the hosts getting what's on their mind in while it's still relevant, before the discussion moves too far onto something else.

I'll still argue there's a distinct difference between contributing to others conversation with meaningful additions that enhances the statement, and then just adding things only to underscore your own ego and also get a word in JUST before your co-host is finish speaking to the camera.

James might THINK he's adding valuable and funny information, but (as I see it) he's only failing at keeping his own ego at bay.... I'm no psychologist.. but that man is understimulated.....

Bruh moment

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

On 6/25/2019 at 10:58 AM, cluelessgenius said:

it sounds like your saying hes doing it on purpose like some evil mastermind taking over.

everyone is different, character wise and everyone has their flaws. the fact that you dont like james doesnt mean that now they gotta react and give him less screen time. i mean talk about ego-detector.

personally hes hit and miss with me too. mostly i like how few fucks he gives but then im dissapointed whenever his lacking knowledge of tech shines though.

but if the ratings/views say people like him then by all means. the fact that he is in more and more videos has nothing to do with the fame going to his head or something. you think LTT picks the video hosts just nilli willi. im sure theres some sort of analytics going on about whos face to put in front of a camera.

also i dont think its your or anyones place really to give them business advice since they didnt ask you for it. sure feedback is fine i guess but i just think that assuming they will react just because you made a post kinda looks like you have an ego problem. unless youre trying to rally the troops here and form a militia against james but id have to ask: ...really? you wanna be THAT guy? just chill and dont watch the video with his face on it. if enough people do that then probably someone at LTT will notice that james' videos dont do so well and send him back to his corner desk

Your comment makes total sense. It hits so many nails on the head I can't even count.

Yes I have an ego problem, and I want to form a militia against James.

=P Not really, but I thought about it for a moment....... and now I've changed my mind... because I realize that LMG couldn't care less that a few youtubers don't like James (but ohh did it feel nice to write that post... mhhhhhh)

On 6/25/2019 at 2:23 PM, TempestCatto said:

I've never felt like James was doing anything malicious or of ill-intent whenever he was on camera. He's just being himself, a goofball. I love it when he does ad reads like Fresh Books. What, would you rather him be a boring and drab low hanging ballsack? No? I didn't think so.

Hmm... I think what he does, that sets off my ego-detector, is entirely unconscious. It's the nature of his personality...... which bothers me a lot.

But maybe it's just because I'm envious of his confidence... or something.

I like James.

James Rofl the AVGN!

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

On 8/2/2019 at 4:45 PM, BecauseICanTBH said:

Funny how your “ego detector” works fine on others but doesn’t work on you. Typical. What is this really about, kiddo?

kiddo?

Does it work on you?

Isn't denying ones own ego, denying one self?

Noone is entirely objective. And if they are, why do they even fight for survival anyway?

Your ego is in many ways, to ensure ones own survival.

We all have egoes. But the there's the ones who can control it, and the ones who can't.

I believe James is leaning strongly towards "can't".

He needs stimulant to contains his ego. He's unconsciously challenging his colleagues about who's the "fittest for survival" and probably getting little response. A person like James, needs to feel in center, and to feel that people are looking up to him and share his ideas. And if they don't, he'll try to mold them into doing so.

All, I believe, entirely unconscious. Magnificent, scary.

Just now, PowerDuDe_DK said:

nah..

From a purely professional standpoint, which LTT is very not, James does a lot right in terms of being in front of a camera. To my memory he doesn't often talk to a wall, he doesn't really put his back to the shot. Honestly his worst offense is that he stares at the camera too much, but thats a very up-to-debate sort of thing and that may just be me.

All of the hosts are fantastic personalities who bring their own thing to the table as hosts. In videos where James works with somebody else he offers a really nice dynamic with his co-host. If he has issues anywhere it's when he's by himself in front of the camera, suggesting some anxiety or stage fright.

My hypothesis (do note I have never met any LMG staff. This may be 100% wrong), is that in the WAN show examples you gave us he wasn't quite sure how to jive with Riley's kind of awkward one-liner humor and just did his best to work around it and continue past it. That's the correct thing to do, but it can lead to the sort of things we're discussing here of egoism.

Regardless, I love all of the hosts. Some lend themselves better to the camera than others, and others only lend themselves well if they are comfortable with the topic, but in the end they are all very good showmen.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

I see James as Linus' replacement as a strong personality, nothing more.

I don't know if I like him as much, I will always prefer my WAN show hosted by Linus and Luke.

And not only because their introduction of one of my threads is one of my favorite things EVER.

Really wish we got a follow up to that article. Turns out, based on my research, some people took a payoff and disappeared to exotic locations.

ANYWAYS. I just prefer the Linus/Luke combo. They just complement each other so well. Linus is appropriately over-the-top, and Luke is very quiet but very insightful, with Linus being occasionally insightful but always genuine feeling.

Edit: I will never forget that Linus pronounced my screen name, exactly as it is supposed to be pronounced. And Luke's reaction to it being me, always makes me smile. Thanks @LinusTech and @Slick, I will never forget that episode.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, PowerDuDe_DK said:

Noone is entirely objective

Who is Noone? Never heard of that person.

Oh wait; you meant, "No one."

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

22 hours ago, PowerDuDe_DK said:

kiddo?

Does it work on you?

Isn't denying ones own ego, denying one self?

Noone is entirely objective. And if they are, why do they even fight for survival anyway?

Your ego is in many ways, to ensure ones own survival.

We all have egoes. But the there's the ones who can control it, and the ones who can't.

I believe James is leaning strongly towards "can't".

He needs stimulant to contains his ego. He's unconsciously challenging his colleagues about who's the "fittest for survival" and probably getting little response. A person like James, needs to feel in center, and to feel that people are looking up to him and share his ideas. And if they don't, he'll try to mold them into doing so.

All, I believe, entirely unconscious. Magnificent, scary.

Hi,

I didn't read any of that but I appreciate your effort as a fan. Keep up the good work.

I don't understand the point of this post.  I think the OP has some issues to deal with, IE: if he can't let minor quirks and differences in personality pass without dwelling on them, he needs some time to mature.  Being able to interact with different personality types is in turn a sign of a healthy personality.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission