New Microsoft Flight Simulator Announced

trag1c

If the game is anything like the trailer, im buying. hell yeah

Desktop: Slick

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600    Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz CL16   GPU: GTX 1080 8GB 

Storage: Samsung PM981 256GB (970 EVO)    PSU: Corsair TX650M   Case: Lian-Li PCO11 Dynamic - White  Fans: Deepcool RF120mm RGB

Peripherals: HP Omen X 35 Ultrawide (3440x1440, 100hz, G-Sync), Logitech g903, mdr-1000x, umc22 + AKG D5, Drevo Blademaster 87K RGB (Gateron Browns)

Laptop: Surface Laptop 2 Platinum - i5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb nvme, 13 inch pixelsense touch display

Phone: Huawei Mate 20 pro 128gb Black + iphone 6s 32gb gold

On 6/11/2019 at 9:46 AM, Zeddex said:

If the game is anything like the trailer, im buying. hell yeah

Pretty sure Microsoft saw what Dovetail Games did to FSX (they acquired content & rights from Microsoft in 2014, released the DLC-heavy Flight Sim World on Steam, then shut it down last year and subsequently switched to Unreal Engine for Train Sim World) 

Spoiler

Train Sim World (UE4)

And how their other competition are fairing (X-Plane 11 and DCS World):

Spoiler

And were like: WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT! B|

Really kinda hyped for this, ngl. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

On 6/10/2019 at 12:56 AM, trag1c said:

Looks like Microsoft Terrorism Simulator is on the way with no official release date as of yet. Jokes aside the trailer was recorded is 4k60p and it looks absolutely stunning.

I have to admit... I flew planes into very tall buildings in Flight Sim back in the 90's... After 2001 it just wasn't as fun any more.  Damn terrorists spoiling things for the rest of us. :/

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

On 6/9/2019 at 10:16 PM, Dylanc1500 said:

Well it looks like this is going to be a multi terabyte project.

Indeed...

22 hours ago, Results45 said:

Pretty sure Microsoft saw what Dovetail Games did to FSX (they acquired content & rights from Microsoft in 2014, released the DLC-heavy Flight Sim World on Steam, then shut it down last year and subsequently switched to Unreal Engine for Train Sim World) 

Reveal hidden contents

Train Sim World (UE4)

And how their other competition are fairing (X-Plane 11 and DCS World):

Reveal hidden contents

And were like: WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT! B|

I'm sorry, but the flat painted textures of cars in parking lots when the plane was landing just did it for me.  I'm emotionally scarred for life.  I mean...we had that stuff during the Geforce 2 Era. Yikes....

14 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

I have to admit... I flew planes into very tall buildings in Flight Sim back in the 90's... After 2001 it just wasn't as fun any more.  Damn terrorists spoiling things for the rest of us. :/

lol.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

On 6/12/2019 at 10:32 AM, Falkentyne said:

I'm sorry, but the flat painted textures of cars in parking lots when the plane was landing just did it for me.  I'm emotionally scarred for life.  I mean...we had that stuff during the Geforce 2 Era. Yikes....

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath for a flight sim with photoscanned 4K parallax textures and ray-traced lighting, ambient occlusion, shadows, and reflections:

Spoiler

It might take devs another 5 years. ?

22 hours ago, Results45 said:

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath for a flight sim with photoscanned 4K parallax textures and ray-traced lighting, ambient occlusion, shadows, and reflections:

Reveal hidden contents

It might take devs another 5 years. ?

Considering it's literally the entire planet, I don't know what you people are expecting. 1500 feet up and you won't even see the cars in the parking lots. It's not like the entire game takes place on ground level.

#Muricaparrotgang

32 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Considering it's literally the entire planet, I don't know what you people are expecting. 1500 feet up and you won't even see the cars in the parking lots. It's not like the entire game takes place on ground level.

it will if I am flying! That or the inside of something I didn't mean to crash into.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

The real question is can I hit a giraffe and watch it turn into a red mist in glorious 4K???

If not then HARD PASS!!

I feel like most people in search of a visually stunning, hardcore flight sim have already moved to DCS.

Now, if we could just convince someone to make a sim with the features of DCS in the world that the trailer showed, that would be worth spending serious money on.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

On 6/12/2019 at 1:32 PM, Falkentyne said:

Do you also remember those maps/levels being a 1:1 scale of whole planet?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

16 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

I feel like most people in search of a visually stunning, hardcore flight sim have already moved to DCS.

Now, if we could just convince someone to make a sim with the features of DCS in the world that the trailer showed, that would be worth spending serious money on.

DCS is by far the best out there but if you want to fly an airbus or anything like it good luck lol. I love my A10 packages but your missing big aircraft.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

bu bu bu i want to fly Lockheed C-130 Hercules

Image result for c130

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

19 hours ago, Glinch said:

If it doesn't have hot air balloons buzzing the tower at mach 3 in multiplayer, it's not Microsoft Flight Simulator for me.

Yep! Can't wait to see this in 4K! ^_^

1 hour ago, unsungheroist said:

bu bu bu i want to fly Lockheed C-130 Hercules

Image result for c130

Would War Thunder, Arma 3, and DCS mods do for now?

more C-130 gameplay........

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Results45 said:

Yep! Can't wait to see this in 4K! ^_^

Lima Oscar Lima 420 Requesting mayday.

Just a quick reminder to all those saying it's covering the 'WHOLE' globe... 2/3 of this planet is water... do you think they're going to actually texture map 'ALL' of the water too?

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

13 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

Just a quick reminder to all those saying it's covering the 'WHOLE' globe... 2/3 of this planet is water... do you think they're going to actually texture map 'ALL' of the water too?

It's not that hard considering it's just the same texture and wave-grid. Now if you ray-trace it all..........

• 2 weeks later...

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

On 6/11/2019 at 12:40 AM, Arika S said:

if it doesn't support modules that people have already bought in FSX i don't see a lot of people moving over

Wait do you really see the game engines being similar enough that this would work? As in, the companies releasing the content putting a little work to get a version for new FS.

I don't know the inherent differences, but it sounds like driving the 'standard' cards in GT5 xD Probably an exaggeration, I know some of the content looks great. But that sort of thing is taking the original FSX engine to the limit. I can't imagine it'd be easy to just, move content over.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

6 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

Wait do you really see the game engines being similar enough that this would work? As in, the companies releasing the content putting a little work to get a version for new FS.

I don't know the inherent differences, but it sounds like driving the 'standard' cards in GT5 xD Probably an exaggeration, I know some of the content looks great. But that sort of thing is taking the original FSX engine to the limit. I can't imagine it'd be easy to just, move content over.

Graphics engine absolutely not, but the underlying simulation systems could theoretically be brought over. Especially since it's a Microsoft created platform. just look at what Lockheed Martin was able to do with the ESP engine in P3D.

Hell even DCS World's core Simulation can be traced back to Flanker 2.5 from 2002.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 6/16/2019 at 7:00 PM, Glinch said:

If it doesn't have hot air balloons buzzing the tower at mach 3 in multiplayer, it's not Microsoft Flight Simulator for me.

Ground pound 69 signing off. Rotatay.

#Muricaparrotgang

7 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Ground pound 69 signing off. Rotatay.

TRIKE69 Requesting IFR clearance to 40000ft.