Our expensive Cameras might have been a mistake... - Blackmagic Pocket 4K Review

nicklmg

So... do you guys want to gift me your RED 8K camera (now that you have a better one)?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

BRANDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked this video.

Throughout the whole video I waited for a comparison of the specifications, pros and cons, and price of this camera compared to their RED cameras.
Never happened though....

As a standalone review of the Blackmagic Pocket 4K it is a wonderful video.

Well, at least there were a "shout out" to RED about the memory/storage thingy.

But surely the comparisons could have been deeper then this single mention, both from a curiosity standpoint, and to show the differences between the different use cases that the cameras are aiming at.

21:9 all the things.. best resolution ever. also it may be my browser, but i feel like it lacks fps in some of the shots.

20 minutes runtime is a joke, why even bother putting a battery in it :D

Great video but silly question do people really like that aspect ratio? 

Great vid. Does anyone know the work around that they used to get braw footage in premiere?

Damn nice video love the fashion stuff first thought this was shoot with the red!? :D which lenses did you use?

and will you post a blackmagic vs red video? :D

38 minutes ago, Garrythethird said:

Great vid. Does anyone know the work around that they used to get braw footage in premiere?

If you're referring to the footage from the blackmagic camera, then I think he mentioned that you can use an external SSD, which you can later plug directly into a laptop/PC.

If you're referring to the footage from their RED camera, then I think they use their ingesting station or whatever it's called. 

20 hours ago, idafter said:

Great video! What's the name of the beautiful piano music in first minute?

"+1". I'd love to know what the music was as well, sadly shazam wasn't too much help.

36 minutes ago, Tamas Deme said:

"+1". I'd love to know what the music was as well, sadly shazam wasn't too much help.

Me too! I want to know

• 3 weeks later...

Great video, just curious what parts you used in the rigging of the BMCC. I can figure out some of the parts but I saw the handle on the rear and can't find any remote handles for the BMCC anywhere. Was just curious on your parts breakdown. Me and my buddy are trying to get into the indie film scene and we've settled on the BMCC for it's flexibility, cost and usability. We were considering it's bigger brother the URSA Mini Pro 4k but it's disappointing in low light conditions and seems to be a more controlled environment type camera. We might still get one in the future, but for our first script, we've got a lot of night shots in NYC and other urban areas so the BMCC is better for us now anyway.

Current Rig: ASUS Prime Z390-P, Core i7 9700k, 48GB DDR4 3200 G.Skill Ripjaws V RAM, EVGA RTX 2080 Super Black, 512 GB NVME SSD boot drive, 2TB HDD, 360mm CoolerMaster MasterLiquid AIO, 1200W Rosewill Photon power supply

Former Rig (RIP 11-29-19): Cyberpower Fangbook 4 Xtreme   CPU: Intel i7-6700K   GPU: Nvidia 980m 8GB   RAM: 24GB DDR4 2133   SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO   Main Drive: 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 300