Wooting One introduces new analog switch at computex 2019

According to this Dutch hardware news site;

https://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/amp/65327/wooting-introduceert-analoge-lekker-switch---lekker-typen?__twitter_impression=true

Traveldistance of 4 mm with a sencedistance of 0,1 mm to 3,8 mm. They are going to be hot-swappable and they need no mechanical connection because it is using magnets. This technology is called the 'Hall effect'.

The name of the switch will be "Lekker" which translates to "Nice /tasty /yummy".

Edit: Wooting also has a blog about this:

https://blog.wooting.nl/what-are-hall-effect-keyboard-switches/

Now this is the keyboard innovation I am interested in.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

At least it'll make driving in games like GTA easier for those who swear by keyboard and mouse.

Too bad I can't read the article, hardware.info wants to verify that it has installed its cookie on my PC before it will dismiss the cookie pop-up.

7 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

At least it'll make driving in games like GTA easier for those who swear by keyboard and mouse.

Too bad I can't read the article, hardware.info wants to verify that it has installed its cookie on my PC before it will dismiss the cookie pop-up.

I just added a link to the official Wooting One site;

https://blog.wooting.nl/what-are-hall-effect-keyboard-switches/

So....just another hall effect based key switch... 

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Now you'll be able to troll ppl by passing a strong magnet over the keyboard... Nice...

This looks like it will consume more power.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

This type of use switches can be neat at times. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Hall effect switches are EXTREMELY reliable, like 40 years of constant use reliable at least, so this could be sweet if the build of the switches, the key feel and the boards you can put them in are well built

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016