BOINC Pentathlon 2019

Go to solution Solved by jakkuh_t,

Seems like the easiest way for most people to help out is in the Marathon.

This involves downloading BOINC, selecting the "World Community Grid" project, and then selecting the sub-project "OpenZIKA".

1. Download + Install BOINC (https://boinc.berkeley.edu/download.php

2. Open BOINC and click "Add Project"

3. Select the "World Community Grid" project, and then click on their website url. (https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/discover.action)

4. On their Website, click "Join Now" at the top left or right depending. Enter your information and Register.

5. Once presented with the Sub project selection, choose "OpenZIKA" and click next. It will download a program, but you don't need it.

6. Go back to the BOINC app and click "Next >". Login with the World Community Grid account that you just signed up for.

Your BOINC app will now benchmark your system, and then start running. 

BUT, you still need to set your team to the LTT forum one.

7. Navigate to the team selection page, and login if you aren't already (https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/team/viewMyTeam.do)

8. Type in "LinusTechTips" in the "Contains:" field.

9. Click on the "LinusTechTips_Team" result that shows up. Once the page loads click "Join Team".

You will now be BOINCing for the LTT team :D

This is the easiest way to help out the cause, but there are more beneficial / advanced ways to do so if you're interested. Refer to the OP for more information.

Message @Ben Quigley if you need assistance.

Wanted to help out, so i put my 2 servers on the OpenZIKA thing. Dunno if its still relevant, haven't been into BOINC in a LONG time. Don't know the lingo either :P.

anyway, its a Xeon E5-2620v4 and an AMD FX8350. I hope they're useful, otherwise ill just shut the BOINC down :P

Funny thing with the worldcommunitygrid though, i couldn't sign up with my name hehe, hell is not allowed in the name ?

I have no signature

2 minutes ago, Helly said:

anyway, its a Xeon E5-2620v4 and an AMD FX8350. I hope they're useful, otherwise ill just shut the BOINC down :P

Everything helps and we are extremely close to the 2 teams above us in the marathon, they've also noticed we started to catch and increased their output so we need absolutely everything we can get.

I tossed in most of my hardware towards Zika a couple of days ago and started Einstein on one machine earlier. My main machine with my Vega 56 didn't like Einstein in Linux though, which is where on spend most of my time.

Ryzen 1600 in my main machine going to Zika.

Ryzen 2400G in an off machine also going towards Zika.

i7 6700 with some spare GPUs going to Zika and Einstein. AMD RX480 and Nvidia GTX 750ti.

edit:

Also got an old Android phone and my current Android phone going to Zika too.

Looks like L'Alliance Francophone have shifted resources to bunker the sprint

image.png.377dc3d5a7ba52807a971a0184e2d7bc.png

They are down 250k hourly output from last update, seems like our best chance to pass them now.

LHC... that's the one that needs virtualbox isn't it? I don't install that as standard...

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, porina said:

LHC... that's the one that needs virtualbox isn't it? I don't install that as standard...

Your joking? There is no way I can get ready for that.

Please note that some of the applications on LHC@home requre Virtual Box to be installed.

https://lhcathome.cern.ch/lhcathome/

At least it says "some" so hopefully there's enough work that doesn't require it.

Edit: I'll try to pre-test somewhere.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

4 minutes ago, porina said:

Edit: I'll try to pre-test somewhere.

Running it now on my gaming desktop, no virtualbox. Not sure how we are going to know which is the best project task to run, anyone know?

Edit:

Also LHC is having some technical issues and will be fixed in a few hours, don't worry if you get on tasks atm

Did i quick search, there seems to be a lot of problems with running virtualbox on a machine that's already running hyper-v. So i wouldn't be able to have my servers join that, as they both run hyper-v.

I have no signature

lhcold.PNG.6549a3602788b9c1ed70ea0a371a8901.PNG

How long has it been since I ran LHC tasks? My only logged credit.

Just now, porina said:

lhcold.PNG.6549a3602788b9c1ed70ea0a371a8901.PNG

How long has it been since I ran LHC tasks? My only logged credit.

Nice rig ?

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

I've just got home, we have a decision to make, keep trying to grind in the marathon or make a push for sprint. Personally I think we will get more overall points out of sprint then gaining 1-2 places in the marathon.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Ben Quigley said:

I've just got home, we have a decision to make, keep trying to grind in the marathon or make a push for sprint. Personally I think we will get more overall points out of sprint then gaining 1-2 places in the marathon.

Check my discord message, I'll update you in the morning (my morning) at what my status is.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Check my discord message, I'll update you in the morning (my morning) at what my status is.

Just seen, hope it works out.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Ben Quigley said:

Just seen, hope it works out.

Sucks too, just cracked 18th world wide in WCG daily credit. Guess that itself was a sign I was doing too much lol

14 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Sucks too, just cracked 18th world wide in WCG daily credit. Guess that itself was a sign I was doing too much lol

Most probably.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Todays report Jeepers didnt even think to mention us... how unfortunate. 

https://www.seti-germany.de/forum/content/1058-BOINC-Pentathlon-2019-Day-9

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

18 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Todays report Jeepers didnt even think to mention us... how unfortunate. 

https://www.seti-germany.de/forum/content/1058-BOINC-Pentathlon-2019-Day-9

We are mentioned in the Cross Country part.  Just not in the Overall part.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

EAT on the stats updates from the guys at SG.

image.png.f8a1cf71121a56a4b89a7d53e80ac601.png

P.S. I'm not going to be able to manage my systems and what not for the next day or so as I am going to the hospital due to this chest infect, I should still be around here and discord though and will try to keep you all updated.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Gotta give it to the old lady, this HD 7950 is managing around 13 mins per WU for Einstein 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240