LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

Ok so thanks to @Wauthar helping.

Marksman missiles are faster by roughly 50m/s, have a faster lockon and do more damage than the stalkers

325a doesn't seem that good a deal ATM

OK I'll meet you on the chat, should ask @isHypnophobic as well anyone else wanting to join you'll know where we will be.

Yo! I'm not at home at the moment so I can't play T_T Have fun though! I encourage anyone else to do it. It's good practice!

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

I've hated Scott Manley's vids ever since I saw one of his EVE videos; avoid him like the plague now. >.>

-This space intentionally left blank-

Shouldn't the Carrack be out by now?

It was more interesting looking that i expected.

and it includes Drones and Rovers if i didn't read that wrong!

Btw anyone tried that "mini game" ? I didn't really understand what it was, tried it till i ran out of fuel :(

Btw anyone tried that "mini game" ? I didn't really understand what it was, tried it till i ran out of fuel :(

I tried to play it on my laptop, but it was too slow and it crashed xD

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

It's basically like one of the old choose your own adventure books. Only issue I have with it is after every single decision you have to scroll past the points of everyone else that's failed at that point; took forever. That and almost every single decision seems to want to screw you over; heh.

-This space intentionally left blank-

I finally swapped my reclaimer for a carrack. Not an easy decision though. Hope it'll live up to my expectations.

Woho! I beat the "mini game" 

Oh and i got a fancy "title" as well :)

I beat it as well now and it got me exited about the Carrack, but I really can't let myself buy it :/

This mini game is a excellent way of promoting capabilities of a ship + letting you in into the immersion. Well done CIG!

I beat it as well now and it got me exited about the Carrack, but I really can't let myself buy it :/

This mini game is a excellent way of promoting capabilities of a ship + letting you in into the immersion. Well done CIG!

I would suggest melting something but it hit me that you don't have that many ships...Well, I have some empty chairs on mine so your welcome on board.

Snake can´t operate His New Metal gear all by himself :P

can someone explain how does the ranking works in organization?

Pretty sure the 1st post in this thread covers it as it stands right now.

I would suggest melting something but it hit me that you don't have that many ships...Well, I have some empty chairs on mine so your welcome on board.

Snake can´t operate His New Metal gear all by himself :P

Er hate to point this out but snake's piloted the metal gear once which he wrote off and he usually destroys them unless your...

Liquid!

Pretty sure the 1st post in this thread covers it as it stands right now.

i guess i'm blind because i still can't find it :P i'm asking about this:

ny5r36.png

i guess i'm blind because i still can't find it :P i'm asking about this:

-snip-

No official roles are defined yet, because of the limited customization options in the org management side. When Org Drop 2.0 hits, we should get a LOT more options to define roles etc. 

btw what do you guys think about carrack? i think it's great for exploration but doesn't it too weak in weapons? i mean it doesn't even have any missiles -.- and 0 cargo wtf?

btw what do you guys think about carrack? i think it's great for exploration but doesn't it too weak in weapons? i mean it doesn't even have any missiles -.- and 0 cargo wtf?

It makes sense its a medical and repair ship with deep space exploration in mind, it also sounds like a ship you bring along for refueling other ships in deep space as well

As for 0 cargo it's modular IIRC but not every ship can be multi purpose.

but doesn't exploration ships need weapons? since you don't know what to find :P and any of you heard or read about something like "military module" or some kind of stuff like that to feel safe in this ship when you are the only ship and not in a fleet?

but doesn't exploration ships need weapons? since you don't know what to find :P and any of you heard or read about something like "military module" or some kind of stuff like that to feel safe in this ship when you are the only ship and not in a fleet?

there are turrets on it, good enough. And missiles are overrated.

Military module? Never heard of it.

This is not a war ship so why should it be armd to the teeth?

If it's a combat explorer ship you want then there is the freelancer and constellation variants. They are smaller and don't have the med bay and whatnot but it got more pew pew.

So guys I'm on the fence. I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of Star Citizen (a year after finding out it exists) and I am fairly certain I want in. However I can't decide which Aurora I want. I've been looking at the LN and the LX but according to the Wiki the LN is just better in terms of mount points (2 additional hard points for weapons) and the only thing it is missing is a jump drive out of the box. I'm not sure as to what I really want to do in the game at the moment, but it is leaning towards bounty hunting, stealthy stuff, dog fighting, and eventually running one of those big ships ;). Everything I want to do points towards the LN but I can't understand why the LN would be better than the model up from it (as I understand it). Can anyone help clarify this for me?

missles are nice, but when you're out, you're out and you have to land and restock or not have them, so it's a pretty big expense.

really, we don't know how the ships will function in game because all we can do right now is fight with them, and not use any of the other things we can do with the ships.

So guys I'm on the fence. I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of Star Citizen (a year after finding out it exists) and I am fairly certain I want in. However I can't decide which Aurora I want. I've been looking at the LN and the LX but according to the Wiki the LN is just better in terms of mount points (2 additional hard points for weapons) and the only thing it is missing is a jump drive out of the box. I'm not sure as to what I really want to do in the game at the moment, but it is leaning towards bounty hunting, stealthy stuff, dog fighting, and eventually running one of those big ships ;). Everything I want to do points towards the LN but I can't understand why the LN would be better than the model up from it (as I understand it). Can anyone help clarify this for me?

The LN is more geared towards fighting while the LX is more of a luxury explorers model (as luxury as a entry level ship gets anyway). I ended up going for the LX because I want to use it for exploration and have a complementary dedicated dogfighter (Super hornet) but more than anything the LX doesn't have the big scoop blocking the beds overhead window ;) I would theorise the LX also has a lower signature too which is probably a benefit when exploring.

I wouldn't look at it as being one is better than the other, they just have different purposes but if you want the most all round (stock) Aurora it is probably the LN, you will just need to acquire a jump drive for it.

snip

This is actually a no brainer get the LX because of the 2 year insurance and cross chassis upgrade to the LN if your not happy that way you keep the insurance.

For me I think the 2 extra hard points (which you can't use ATM) are going to make the LN viable in dogfighting, you can match the 300 series with the bulldog repeaters but your going to get rammed a lot and hornets are a tough enemy.

If your looking at dogfighting with an Aurora it takes 10x more skill than with any other ship.

Just remember the LN comes with 4 hard points but only 2 bulldogs, you have to buy the rest.