LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

I do plan of getting everything working before the game launches. It's going to be tough, with college coming up and all. But if i manage my spending correctly throughout the next year, i should be able to make the org my job, per-se. 

I'm hoping to get a UOLTT tournament going for dogfighting. I think that'd be a cool idea, see who is the best pilot among us :P

Fetish.

I hate you.

Also.

That's a fantastic idea. It'll be our...

Starbuck. 1478396-dirk_starbuck.jpg

Or Luke. swars2.jpg

Or young Vader. jake-lloyd-as-anakin-skywalker-in-star-w

... That's too young.

Or Baloo. guacamole_taco.jpg

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

-more on his fetish-

I see no polar bear on this list.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Good lord. That word.

And fine.

Or polar bear. polarbearmasks1creativefamilyfun.jpg

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

@DamDirtyApe I dont take it personally.

Big believer in people having opinions that arent the same as mine and got respect for people telling me that they think im wrong without insulting me.

So far this is the only thread I've been on where everyone gets along.

@DamDirtyApe I dont take it personally.

Big believer in people having opinions that arent the same as mine and got respect for people telling me that they think im wrong without insulting me.

So far this is the only thread I've been on where everyone gets along.

Yeah, I completely agree with everything you stated. Everyone seems to carry a mutual respect for each others opinions and is willing to respectfully discuss them. Not even turn it into a debate. That's one of the reasons I'm so loyal to the fleet currently. People are good people. Then again I only know like 50 of the actual members, haha. The rest might be total jerks.

Also wow. That turned out hella longer than I anticipated. MY BAD!

I do plan of getting everything working before the game launches. It's going to be tough, with college coming up and all. But if i manage my spending correctly throughout the next year, i should be able to make the org my job, per-se. 

I'm hoping to get a UOLTT tournament going for dogfighting. I think that'd be a cool idea, see who is the best pilot among us :P

Fetish.

I think taxes make a lot more sense to me now, but jobs do not.  I will go back to this point over and over, our org description mentions that we are casual.  Forcing people in the group to do certain jobs seems a bit much to me, when we have so many members that WANT to be a part of so many different things.  For example, I am super interested in the owning of a node, running a business and helping out the org at the same time.  I see no reason why I should have to partake in any pvp if I dont want to.  I absolutely think I will, and I personally like the idea of getting myself a node and funding the org with it, but that is what I WANT  to do.  I have no qualms with giving up a portion of the profits and all the mission information to org members, as well as maybe producing something less profitable if its something to guild needs.

Also xix, 5k UEE is A LOT given that most of us at launch will not have too many credits, so first month or so we would prolly have to waive any fees just to get things going, maybe take a larger tax on jobs.  I am going to stick to my guns tho, a lot of are interested in all the aspects of the game, we should just be helping each other out.  I have no clue in hell why anyone should be getting wages because nobody should have to distribute them because it would take hours.  Fees make a ton of sense so we can buy hangar space, nodes, and ships...

At the same time, I would like to buy my own node, but if I am running the orgs node the whole time and not getting paid...how can I make my own money, so I guess that part makes sense to me.  We have a lot to iron out imo, we don't know a lot about it currently, but some of the minor details I think we can iron out now.  

Im working on Fuzz Armstrong. Taking some time with 2 kids though

As for the small tasks like documents on tax get the community to do it and then update the front page so everything is on one page, I think we all want to chip in.

..People are good people. Then again I only know like 50 of the actual members, haha. The rest might be total jerks.

Then united we'll stand, brother.

I think taxes make a lot more sense to me now, but jobs do not.  I will go back to this point over and over, our org description mentions that we are casual.  Forcing people in the group to do certain jobs seems a bit much to me, when we have so many members that WANT to be a part of so many different things.  For example, I am super interested in the owning of a node, running a business and helping out the org at the same time.  I see no reason why I should have to partake in any pvp if I dont want to.  I absolutely think I will, and I personally like the idea of getting myself a node and funding the org with it, but that is what I WANT  to do.  I have no qualms with giving up a portion of the profits and all the mission information to org members, as well as maybe producing something less profitable if its something to guild needs.

Thank you for pointing this out, I didn't really emphasize what I meant enough. By jobs I meant volunteers to those positions. It'll be people who want to do it. And I haven't read anything outside of volunteers will be chosen for those positions. HC has always emphasized the volunteer part of the responsibilties. Some people really want that responsibility in the game. I think it's also a way that our hardcore players can mesh with our casual players. In the same way that by doing military operations allows casual, hardcore and RPers to play together on an even plain.  But I agree with that no one should be forced into positions. Luckily noone's being forced as far as I know. I know the idea for standard military practice was mentioned, but I don't know much on those details. I only work on operations, lol.

-snip-

I'm sorry but I fail to see how we all benefit from everyone paying fees reguraly. I'm gonna sound like a devil's advocate now, but I find this is a very important issue, because there's a big possibility of someone misusing organization's resources for his own benefit. To whom do we pay? Who cares about our finances? There must be a way for everyone to be equal in rights. We can't select a few dozen or hundred people to benefit when everyone is paying an equal amount monthly.

Also, you say it's for ships, bases and insurance. Who will run those ships? If I'm part of the military branch do I get to run it or what's the plan on that front? That way, am I not able to do some of my own work with it thus earning something on the side with that ship which isn't mine at all? Same thing with the "inter-organization insurance" - I don't see how we could implement that so everyone is equal, we obviously can't reimburse everyone's destroyed ship without making the fees huge so what's the point if all members aren't equal in that aspect?

You say we are a company that works for profit, whose profit is that? Who benefits this? I don't see how I as an individual can profit monetary MORE from giving the conglomerate a cut, compared to if I do a job alone or with a couple of mates and split the earnings equally. It just seems like a mob racket to me "you pay for the ass protection".

On another note, you mention some people who choose not to participate in other org activities. Also, why should those people have the same monetary benefits as someone who works 5-6 hours a day for the conglomerate. I think everyone should just work for himself and if one of us needs help he first comes to other members and after we help eachother everyone gets his cut. - That simple.

I know I sound pessimistic, but I'm not negative. I feel this is a very important issue which we must adress ASAP because it has a lot of money involved and I don't think anyone here wants someone to get rich off of everyone else. The way I see it the best benefit we get from our conglomerate is the strenght in numbers and comeradership. I'll always be happy to help a fellow wingman when he gets into trouble with other organizations.

Honestly the only situation I can think of where we would need to chip in together is to buy assest everyone can use like hangars, bases and motherships. But that is something that should always be up for vote before we make a purchase, and then we would divide the investment equally amongst every member to buy the asset (say a hangar is 300.000$, and we have 3000 members - every member pays 100$ and the conglomerate buys a hangar for everyone to use).

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

My worry was the rich kid getting to play with all the toys whilst the rest fight it out for that one shabby toy.

As for the rich kid look at who you have on the high council I wouldn't call (those that I've spoken to) dishonest enough to run with the money.

Also it looks bad on the forum if we get a bad name for ourselves.

I do believe in strength by numbers but I also believe that communism would work given the leaders wouldn't go corrupt.

I do believe in strength by numbers but I also believe that communism would work given the leaders wouldn't go corrupt.

In my opinion, Communism over a large group like us would be extremely to work with making sure everyone gets their share etc.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Also it looks bad on the forum if we get a bad name for ourselves.

In my opinion, Communism over a large group like us would be extremely to work with making sure everyone gets their share etc.

Comunism is impossible to implement due to the nature of human beings. That's it biggest problem and the only reason why it will never work, sadly.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Extremely hard?

And actually it would be easy

Comunism is impossible to implement due to the nature of human beings. That's it biggest problem and the only reason why it will never work, sadly.

I never said it was a good idea

I never said it was a good idea

I gotcha, no worries m8 ;)

Just bought the  following :)

Shut Up and Take My Money! Skin

You Got Our Backs (Electro Skin Hull)

these might cost lots in the future since they seem like they will only be available in alpha beta :P
but then again there are like 400k users :| what are the odds that not many bought them :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Just bought the  following :)

Shut Up and Take My Money! Skin

You Got Our Backs (Electro Skin Hull)

these might cost lots in the future since they seem like they will only be available in alpha beta :P
but then again there are like 400k users :| what are the odds that not many bought them :)

Beast. Congrats!

>> www.artofinca.com << Star Citizen fan art post https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/116794/star-citizen-fan-art-by-artofinca

pilot: Inca Talmir  ships: Freelancer MIS, M50, ???  play-style: Team-play  groups: Military, Exploration, Special ops, Support, Bears.

Also xix, 5k UEE is A LOT given that most of us at launch will not have too many credits, so first month or so we would prolly have to waive any fees just to get things going, maybe take a larger tax on jobs.  I am going to stick to my guns tho, a lot of are interested in all the aspects of the game, we should just be helping each other out.  I have no clue in hell why anyone should be getting wages because nobody should have to distribute them because it would take hours.  Fees make a ton of sense so we can buy hangar space, nodes, and ships...

At the same time, I would like to buy my own node, but if I am running the orgs node the whole time and not getting paid...how can I make my own money, so I guess that part makes sense to me.  We have a lot to iron out imo, we don't know a lot about it currently, but some of the minor details I think we can iron out now.  

5K UEE might be a lot and will probably be revised once we know what the value of 1UEE is.

I think when the game comes out some players like myself have the idea to pitch in a few creds to the pool to help get things going. I would do this gladly and then pay the taxes as well. although not mandatory for everyone to do this.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how we all benefit from everyone paying fees reguraly. I'm gonna sound like a devil's advocate now, but I find this is a very important issue, because there's a big possibility of someone misusing organization's resources for his own benefit. To whom do we pay? Who cares about our finances? There must be a way for everyone to be equal in rights. We can't select a few dozen or hundred people to benefit when everyone is paying an equal amount monthly.

Also, you say it's for ships, bases and insurance. Who will run those ships? If I'm part of the military branch do I get to run it or what's the plan on that front? That way, am I not able to do some of my own work with it thus earning something on the side with that ship which isn't mine at all? Same thing with the "inter-organization insurance" - I don't see how we could implement that so everyone is equal, we obviously can't reimburse everyone's destroyed ship without making the fees huge so what's the point if all members aren't equal in that aspect?

You say we are a company that works for profit, whose profit is that? Who benefits this? I don't see how I as an individual can profit monetary MORE from giving the conglomerate a cut, compared to if I do a job alone or with a couple of mates and split the earnings equally. It just seems like a mob racket to me "you pay for the ass protection".

On another note, you mention some people who choose not to participate in other org activities. Also, why should those people have the same monetary benefits as someone who works 5-6 hours a day for the conglomerate. I think everyone should just work for himself and if one of us needs help he first comes to other members and after we help eachother everyone gets his cut. - That simple.

I know I sound pessimistic, but I'm not negative. I feel this is a very important issue which we must adress ASAP because it has a lot of money involved and I don't think anyone here wants someone to get rich off of everyone else. The way I see it the best benefit we get from our conglomerate is the strenght in numbers and comeradership. I'll always be happy to help a fellow wingman when he gets into trouble with other organizations.

Honestly the only situation I can think of where we would need to chip in together is to buy assest everyone can use like hangars, bases and motherships. But that is something that should always be up for vote before we make a purchase, and then we would divide the investment equally amongst every member to buy the asset (say a hangar is 300.000$, and we have 3000 members - every member pays 100$ and the conglomerate buys a hangar for everyone to use).

We benefit by having an Org that is able to do things, the main battle I foresee is funding in the beginning of the game. we need to be fast in order to purchase prime nodes, trade platforms, star maps, etc. while other orgs are trying to find the cash if we have it available we win.

I agree that it should not be only a few people benefiting, should it start heading in that direction I will ditch and run! not that I would want to but... What might be an idea if possible is to have an equal profit share every month or so for players that played through that entire period, each member gets a share of the profit, this is minus running costs, some self investment and so on. This is somewhat business like and we all gain a bit above the benifits of the org. Something like a small tax rebate :D 

The ships I could see as being owned either by the org itself and controlled by the council or by the council players themselves (I assume we should be able to trust them) CRoberts has already stated that lending out ships will be a thing so that is how they would be used, as to who will fly them well if you have 1000 more kills than me then hell you will be in the hotseat buddy, at least in my mind. Possibly on a first come first serve basis, if you are slow on the uptake then shame.

The asking for help thing never works, at least not for me... I never ask I would rather go grind a bit than start trying to beg for credits, that is just me. even though I am happy to help others. You profit more by giving the org money by the sheer fact that you are in the org, I will sell to org members for a discount I ave heard others say the same this is one example where less cost = more profit.

again crowd funding and asking for donations to buy key things like a hanger is meh, if you have ever tried to get people to donate it is hard. for instance I used to run a few game servers and even wiht regular players if I put up a donation link I would only get maybe one or two small donations and they would all use the facility, I know not the best similarity but it sort of fits.

Otherwise I think we are hashing out a lot of great ideas and getting things out on the table.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

And here is our mascot!

-wip-

Still WIP but going for forum colours

white body, orange necklace, just a suggestion

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here