LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

Yep I know, my 4 year old boy loves them so much he runs around the house shouting THROW THE CHEEEESE!

1WUWoe5.gif

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Who knows how to skin ships?

Edit: Or atleast replace the texture

We should get a website, I'd be willing to pay for the domain and host it. We could get OULT.TF. I want OULT.TC, but .tc domains are incredibly expensive...

*cough* uoltt.org *cough* (ltt.org was taken) but anyway it would probably be better to see if and only if a site is made we could get a subdomain from the linustechtips.com domain (slick did talk about a separate forum at some point by the way).

I scooped up lttconglomerate.com and uoltt.org just in case  someone tries to rip it off. Never know these days....

Anyway, I'll be starting a thread here soon to get some ideas on what we all want to do with them.

Stay tuned, and I'll update this post with a thread link soon.

Thread Link: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/135542-the-conglomerate-website/

I scooped up lttconglomerate.com and uoltt.org just in case  someone tries to rip it off. Never know these days....

Anyway, I'll be starting a thread here soon to get some ideas on what we all want to do with them.

We could make our own forum there..

I was thinking on a grander scale. Something similar to the robertsspaceindustries.com site full of community content and events and cool news from around the web about things, and also a forum as well.

More of a "community site of awesomeness".

oh, and also be the best designed website you've ever seen!

Thread Link: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/135542-the-conglomerate-website/

Guys, we are able to sell our ship and pledge another one, right?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Guys, we are able to sell our ship and pledge another one, right?

Yeah. you can melt it down, get in-game store credit and then buy another one. 

Yeah. you can melt it down, get in-game store credit and then buy another one. 

Cool. I was planning to get Cutlass, but I'll get 325A for now and wait for new ships. I've seen some designs that I like.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Been flipping through the pages and using the search, but my bandwidth STINKS out here (15 more days till i get back to the land of the big PX...), SO I wanted to ask directly and see what shakes loose.
As I stated before, I spent several YEARS in EVE as a more or less one man mining/refining show.  A buddy of mine and I have been gaming together for a decade, and we have been thinking over a few things and wanted to see who else was thinking along the same lines. 

Short version:  it is our belief that fuel is going to be a vital commodity in the PU. 

As we all are well aware, mining/fuel extraction/refining details are pretty scarce, but being the foreward thinking, hard charging folks we are, we would like to volunteer to sort that angle of the game out as soon as it is available.  Our thought process was to use the upcoming affiliate org system to set up a side business, keeping it small and working up from there.  Just the two of us at first, figuring out the mechanics, then adding on from there.  By my math, based on the stats on the main org page, there are at most 8 Starfarers in the org, and those will absolutly have to be protected in the early going, as the replacement cost is probably going to be stupidly prohibitive.  We both have connies, and it would stand to reason that you will be able to use your addon/upgrade space for a cheap gas giant syphon or something along those lines, a fuel bladder in the cargo hold, etc.  We have also deduced that there will be some kind of extraction platforms set up at gas giants spread around the verse, just waiting to be captured or otherwise claimed.  We shall see.
All this being said, once we had the technique down, we would look to incorporate more members from the main org, Starfarers if willing, but more likely a few fighter jocks to keep badness at bay.  We would supply the main org with fuel, in keeping with the stated policy of free fuel for members, at a flexible, adjustable rate, something along the lines of cost plus but below going market rate.  The benefits here are multiple.  Org gets to keep its free fuel policy because there is a dedicated mostly in house supplier, org will make money on the deal by selling surplus fuel at market rates, pilots, especially new ones once the game goes live, will get valuable experience and cash by flying top cover (buddy is already drooling over getting a destroyer to fly shotgun over the tankers...) in a potentially low risk environment, and lastly, with a dedicated team, it may actually be possible for the org to corner the fuel market early in the game, at least in some systems and sectors, meaning the org as a whole will be making money.
Yes, I know, lots of speculation and what ifs.  we are a YEAR from the game going live.  But my buddy and i firmly belive in the Seven P's:  Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance, and the two of us are, if nothing else, compulsive planners.
Sorry for the wall of text, but I wanted to lay at least some of it out there and see what, if anything, other people were thinking along these lines.  If this is a good start, great.  If i need to go piss up a rope, well, we are both perfectly content being worker bees.

-AA

I thought that ships would be using hydrogen scoops in space so fueling wouldn't be an issue

I thought that ships would be using hydrogen scoops in space so fueling wouldn't be an issue

From what I have seen, yes and no.  SOME ships will have scoops that will supplement thier fuel, but not enough to keep themselves topped up.  Plus, from what I have seen, the NPC orgs will have contracts to fill for fuel and materials.  Knowing how to fill these orders will keep your pockets lined.

That is really cool, I hope it will turn out awesome!

Wall of text, concerning fuel.

That is quite a good idea, but please keep in mind (also concerning other people): we are a conglomerate. According to Wikipedia: "A conglomerate is a combination of two or more corporations engaged in entirely different businesses that fall under one corporate group, usually involving a parent company and many subsidiaries. Often, a conglomerate is a multi-industry company. Conglomerates are often large and multinational." With all these ideas of setting up new organisations as daughters of the main Conglomerate, it would defeat the purpose of the meaning of the word "conglomerate"

Now, while I don't know at all how the important the role of organisations will be when the Persistent Universe will launch, nor what the customization options for the Orgs will be, but with our goals and purposes in the Orgs, it should be able to fit everything in.

I love all the creative ideas we come up with, but I think we can't afford to overdo/overperform.

</my 2 cents>

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

TNGS Dogfight Special episode 1.2

There is SOME Dogfighting footage this time! 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

hey people, do not be shy and join the chat!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT/chat :ph34r:

>> www.artofinca.com << Star Citizen fan art post https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/116794/star-citizen-fan-art-by-artofinca

pilot: Inca Talmir  ships: Freelancer MIS, M50, ???  play-style: Team-play  groups: Military, Exploration, Special ops, Support, Bears.

Been flipping through the pages and using the search, but my bandwidth STINKS out here (15 more days till i get back to the land of the big PX...), SO I wanted to ask directly and see what shakes loose.

As I stated before, I spent several YEARS in EVE as a more or less one man mining/refining show.  A buddy of mine and I have been gaming together for a decade, and we have been thinking over a few things and wanted to see who else was thinking along the same lines. 

Short version:  it is our belief that fuel is going to be a vital commodity in the PU. 

As we all are well aware, mining/fuel extraction/refining details are pretty scarce, but being the foreward thinking, hard charging folks we are, we would like to volunteer to sort that angle of the game out as soon as it is available.  Our thought process was to use the upcoming affiliate org system to set up a side business, keeping it small and working up from there.  Just the two of us at first, figuring out the mechanics, then adding on from there.  By my math, based on the stats on the main org page, there are at most 8 Starfarers in the org, and those will absolutly have to be protected in the early going, as the replacement cost is probably going to be stupidly prohibitive.  We both have connies, and it would stand to reason that you will be able to use your addon/upgrade space for a cheap gas giant syphon or something along those lines, a fuel bladder in the cargo hold, etc.  We have also deduced that there will be some kind of extraction platforms set up at gas giants spread around the verse, just waiting to be captured or otherwise claimed.  We shall see.

All this being said, once we had the technique down, we would look to incorporate more members from the main org, Starfarers if willing, but more likely a few fighter jocks to keep badness at bay.  We would supply the main org with fuel, in keeping with the stated policy of free fuel for members, at a flexible, adjustable rate, something along the lines of cost plus but below going market rate.  The benefits here are multiple.  Org gets to keep its free fuel policy because there is a dedicated mostly in house supplier, org will make money on the deal by selling surplus fuel at market rates, pilots, especially new ones once the game goes live, will get valuable experience and cash by flying top cover (buddy is already drooling over getting a destroyer to fly shotgun over the tankers...) in a potentially low risk environment, and lastly, with a dedicated team, it may actually be possible for the org to corner the fuel market early in the game, at least in some systems and sectors, meaning the org as a whole will be making money.

Yes, I know, lots of speculation and what ifs.  we are a YEAR from the game going live.  But my buddy and i firmly belive in the Seven P's:  Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance, and the two of us are, if nothing else, compulsive planners.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I wanted to lay at least some of it out there and see what, if anything, other people were thinking along these lines.  If this is a good start, great.  If i need to go piss up a rope, well, we are both perfectly content being worker bees.

-AA

That's a good idea!

I'm willing to contribute time for this cause ;) I can help with exploration and/or hauling cargo on my freelancer  :ph34r:

-snip-

-AA

im willing to co-op with you guys i have a cutlass and a buddy that i trust as my gunner :).

im willing to co-op with you guys i have a cutlass and a buddy that i trust as my gunner :).

cheers!

>> www.artofinca.com << Star Citizen fan art post https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/116794/star-citizen-fan-art-by-artofinca

pilot: Inca Talmir  ships: Freelancer MIS, M50, ???  play-style: Team-play  groups: Military, Exploration, Special ops, Support, Bears.

Love to.  Care to scare up a few more MBPS of bandwidth for those of us on the other side of the world?  It connects and almost immediately disconnects.  Not a huge issue, home in 2 weeks.

It shouldn't be a bandwidth issue you could probably connect to XMPP with dialup. There is some issue with the RSI chat where resetting your XMPP key in the settings will allow you to connect and stay connected or you could try an XMPP client like Pidgin for pc's or Xabber for your phone.

Also @Artofinca you are talented man, Do you have any umm desktop sized fanart? :D

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Also @Artofinca you are talented man, Do you have any umm desktop sized fanart? :D

No. but I should resize some

some of my works posted here are at least 1500p

@qwertywarrior

Nice. Hopefully I'm getting mine tomorrow.