a lady asked me out for a drink/movie. (ladies help please)

SGTechGamer
21 hours ago, SGTechGamer said:

1 some girls like hairy guys

It's true, man. My wife has threatened divorce on several occasions if I were to ever shave my beard without telling her.

That said, there is a difference between "hairy" and "untamed wilds". Trim, make it look neat. There's no need to shave it.

Beyond that: as others have pointed out, she asked you out, so there's at least some interest from her side. Don't expect too much and don't overthink it. If you guys click, more dates will follow and with that, more experiences. If you guys don't click, then at least you'll both get a fun date out of it. 

Also, it's not ridiculous that you're 36 and haven't been on a date before. It just means that the opportunity hasn't yet presented itself for you. You made it past that, and hopefully it will work out for you. Good luck!

18 minutes ago, EldritchMoose said:

It's true, man. My wife has threatened divorce on several occasions if I were to ever shave my beard without telling her.

That said, there is a difference between "hairy" and "untamed wilds". Trim, make it look neat. There's no need to shave it.

Beyond that: as others have pointed out, she asked you out, so there's at least some interest from her side. Don't expect too much and don't overthink it. If you guys click, more dates will follow and with that, more experiences. If you guys don't click, then at least you'll both get a fun date out of it. 

Also, it's not ridiculous that you're 36 and haven't been on a date before. It just means that the opportunity hasn't yet presented itself for you. You made it past that, and hopefully it will work out for you. Good luck!

My beard is always well trimmed and I always use a special oil to maintain 

9 minutes ago, EldritchMoose said:

It's a stereotype borne from "bro culture" where friends know how their friends are likely to treat those they sleep with. Essentially the people who perpetuate this stereotype tend to treat girls they sleep with as disposable, and that's just not a nice thing to do to your best friend's sister.

What gets me is that a statement like that literally implies that you would never want your friend to bang your sister because you''re afraid he'd mistreat her in some way.

I wouldn't want people use my sister as a pitstop either but I think my sister wouldn't even go near any of my friends (if I had a sister) 

My Main System :  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hk4pcY (Silverstone Sugo SG13W) 

My Home Gaming Pc : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hk4pcY (Silverstone RVZ03) 

O

32 minutes ago, SGTechGamer said:

My beard is always well trimmed and I always use a special oil to maintain 

I wouldn't want people use my sister as a pitstop either but I think my sister wouldn't even go near any of my friends (if I had a sister) 

That's how a beard should be kept. When I decided to grow mine out, my first priority was that it needed to be maintained. And then I bought a house and didn't have time to groom between moving and DIY...long story short, I now have a passport photo that makes me look like a Russian convict.

I don't have a sister either, but if I did, I wouldn't have an issue with her being together with my friend. I like my family and I like my friends, so why would it be a problem if they wanted to be together?

I'm glad you both can chalk the headbutting incident up to being nervous. I hope it works out for you both :)

1 minute ago, EldritchMoose said:

That's how a beard should be kept. When I decided to grow mine out, my first priority was that it needed to be maintained. And then I bought a house and didn't have time to groom between moving and DIY...long story short, I now have a passport photo that makes me look like a Russian convict.

I don't have a sister either, but if I did, I wouldn't have an issue with her being together with my friend. I like my family and I like my friends, so why would it be a problem if they wanted to be together?

I'm glad you both can chalk the headbutting incident up to being nervous. I hope it works out for you both :)

Thanks, well, some of the people I call friends seem too horny and unsafe for my sister if I had one. 

O

2 hours ago, SGTechGamer said:

It'd probably depends if you're a guy or a girl, because I'm a guy. 

I'm a woman. I'm way too old to be a girl and I've been told I've got way too foul a mouth and tasteless sense of humour to be a lady! ??

1 hour ago, EldritchMoose said:

It's true, man. My wife has threatened divorce on several occasions if I were to ever shave my beard without telling her

Let me demonstrate here:

jason-momoa-hair-pulled-back.jpg.85320af13125171c34b9e42d628fe33b.jpg

Verdict: overgrown baby

v1.jpg.983e1c6f06063eeafc9c132f65bebe11.jpg

Verdict: JESUS CHRIST, SEX ON A STICK!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

14 hours ago, WereCatf said:

I've got way too foul a mouth and tasteless sense of humour to be a lady

just like my gf, 5/7

girly girls are just unbearable after like 30 minutes of nonsense chitchat

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 3/19/2019 at 2:40 AM, SGTechGamer said:

I know this isn't the place but I don't have many outside friends except from church. And believe me they aren't the kind of friends you ask for this kind of help, a lady at my work asked me out to a movie tonight, this is my first time on a date I'm 36 and this is the first time I'm on a date ridiculous right. But seriously I need advice what I should wear, what should I do, what should I say? The movies I watch always show the guy bring roses should I do that? 

I'd say dont go buy a 100 suit just wear however you usually do, and make sure you dont look homeless unless you are.

-Thread cleaned-

Please keep your comments on-topic, contributing, and in compliance with the Community Standards.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

-Thread cleaned-

Please keep your comments on-topic, contributing, and in compliance with the Community Standards.

Thank you for that

O

1 hour ago, SGTechGamer said:

Thank you for that

How'd the second date go?

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

1 hour ago, BigDamn said:

How'd the second date go?

Well we had lunch, we talked about movies and anime. 

She enjoyed the ramen lunch we also talked about her favorite foods. 

O

5 hours ago, SGTechGamer said:

No more bloody noses? Sounds like it was a success!

12 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

No more bloody noses? Sounds like it was a success!

Well I didn't try to kiss her again so less of a chance of me headbutting her. 

O

9 hours ago, SGTechGamer said:

Hell yeah brother! Do the damn thing!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Be yourself. Go easy, make sure you are groomed nice and go with the flow so as to say.

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

14 hours ago, SGTechGamer said:

She enjoyed the ramen lunch we also talked about her favorite foods

Find anything really interesting or what her hobbies are, that way you can start to fins cheap gifts in that category. 

One lady friend I knew liked sea sailing, so as a joke I got her a flare. She decided to set it off when we were driving back on the motor way, it was a laugh. 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

1 hour ago, YaBoiWill said:

Find anything really interesting or what her hobbies are, that way you can start to fins cheap gifts in that category. 

One lady friend I knew liked sea sailing, so as a joke I got her a flare. She decided to set it off when we were driving back on the motor way, it was a laugh. 

Did ya smash?

PC #1

PC #2

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

1 minute ago, BigDamn said:

Did ya smash?

CNCND

I make intelligent lights do cool things

16 hours ago, SGTechGamer said:

Anime on the second date? And she was interested?
You may have found one of the best.

A girl who loves to love.

2 hours ago, Aimi said:

Anime on the second date? And she was interested?
You may have found one of the best.

She said at the moment she's trying to finish watching "girls und panzer" and I can see why the epic powerful tanks. I'm thinking of asking her which is her favorite tank and build her a model one. 

O

Kudos man.

It's rough to start dating especially later in life.

You put yourself out there and made yourself vulnerable and that's not easy at all.

Takes balls. Big ones.

But it looks like it's paying off.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Women are people too, treat them as such

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers