a lady asked me out for a drink/movie. (ladies help please)

SGTechGamer

I know this isn't the place but I don't have many outside friends except from church. And believe me they aren't the kind of friends you ask for this kind of help, a lady at my work asked me out to a movie tonight, this is my first time on a date I'm 36 and this is the first time I'm on a date ridiculous right. But seriously I need advice what I should wear, what should I do, what should I say? The movies I watch always show the guy bring roses should I do that? 

My Main System :  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hk4pcY (Silverstone Sugo SG13W) 

My Home Gaming Pc : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hk4pcY (Silverstone RVZ03) 

O

4 minutes ago, SGTechGamer said:

I know this isn't the place but I don't have many outside friends except from church. And believe me they aren't the kind of friends you ask for this kind of help, a lady at my work asked me out to a movie tonight, this is my first time on a date I'm 36 and this is the first time I'm on a date ridiculous right. But seriously I need advice what I should wear, what should I do, what should I say? The movies I watch always show the guy bring roses should I do that? 

She asked you out, so she has already pretty clearly indicated that she is interested in you. All you need to do is take a shower, groom yourself a little and be yourself. Also, movies are a terrible source for what you should or shouldn't do.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just relax. Don't trying to achieve too much in one night.

The whole process is more important than what you get out of it.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

15 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

She asked you out, so she has already pretty clearly indicated that she is interested in you. All you need to do is take a shower, groom yourself a little and be yourself. Also, movies are a terrible source for what you should or shouldn't do.

What about the flowers? 

7 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Just relax. Don't trying to achieve too much in one night.

The whole process is more important than what you get out of it.

So much is going thru my mind, what if I leave a bad impression 

O

Just now, SGTechGamer said:

What about the flowers?

I wouldn't, seems pretentious when it was her that initiated the whole thing. That said, I'm not Singaporean and I suppose you'll just have to go with your instincts on that one.

1 minute ago, SGTechGamer said:

Toughen up, for one. Everyone has to take a risk every now and then. Like I said, just be yourself and let her decide if she likes who you are or not. The worst thing you can do is try to be someone you aren't -- that's just going to ruin the whole thing sooner or later.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

7 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I wouldn't, seems pretentious when it was her that initiated the whole thing. That said, I'm not Singaporean and I suppose you'll just have to go with your instincts on that one.

Toughen up, for one. Everyone has to take a risk every now and then. Like I said, just be yourself and let her decide if she likes who you are or not. The worst thing you can do is try to be someone you aren't -- that's just going to ruin the whole thing sooner or later.

Should I shave I look like an ape, 

O

5 minutes ago, SGTechGamer said:

She asked you out looking like you are, right?

As already stated, relax. Just make sure you are clean and groomed :) 

clean yourself, shower b4 going out (normal routine if you are in sg), and about "what if I leave a bad impression" :

if you enjoy the whole process, more likely she will too. if you don't enjoy the whole process then it is a moo point.

if you do make a bad impression, but you do not intend to I think she will be okay with it.

we all leaves some place for trail and error.

dating is not a test, its just a test drive for BOTH of you.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I agree no flowers..its just too early.

Just make yourself looks nice and clean, Wear something casual like jeans with some accessories like watches, Prepare some topic to talk about later.

33 minutes ago, SGTechGamer said:

Yes but don't do a clean shave, If she asked you out the way you look right now she probably like..well the way you look.

Just shave a little make sure you dont look like gandalf and just relax.

PS: If you guys haven't choose the movie you're gonna watch and she ask you for recommendation just say " Guess what? " and whatever her answer is then that is probably what she wanted to watch, The same trick can also be used if you guys are gonna eat on a restaurant (my brother does that to me a lot and i should say..yes it work)

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 hour ago, SGTechGamer said:

this is my first time on a date I'm 36 and this is the first time I'm on a date ridiculous right.

Why?

I hope I break that because it is just 4 more years. I am proud to say that I never wasted my time with women. MGTOW 4 life

11 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Why?

I hope I break that because it is just 4 more years. I am proud to say that I never wasted my time with women. MGTOW 4 life

Thank you man.....more options for us!!!

Remember that going to a movie on a date gives you a shared experience. Don't forget to talk about it, ask her whether she liked it etc. 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

hey bud ? Congrats on getting the date. Its crazy and always a risk so it's an act of faith. but don't sweat it ? just dress comfortably. clean and groomed. Be yourself. there is nothing worse than being with someone that feel awkward.

I dont know it it will help but listen to this audio:

4 hours ago, SGTechGamer said:

Thanks everyone, wish me luck

Good luck soldier. Tell us how it goes!

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

4 hours ago, SGTechGamer said:

Lol, If she asked you out while you were full beard, it may be questionable to shave. She may like the beard.

Maybe trim/tidy the beard, and wear smart-casual. No suit or anything, but it is a date...so no T-shirts either. Like everyone has said, just be presentable.

Have you guys spoken much before? If so, maybe start off chatting about something you have in common. If not, ask what her hobbies or interests are. It's not rocket science, if you don't know, ask, that's how conversation gets flowing. You'll be able to talk about the movie afterwards, so you've already got that covered.

Anyway, good luck man, be confident in yourself :)

P.S Oh, always buy the first drinks. Any decent person will offer to pick up the next ones.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

1. Dress casually, jeans and a jumper or chequered shirt
  2. No roses
  3. Look for restaurants to go before/after
  4. Do what feels natural

Pick her up from somewhere and walk there, wouldn't meet at the cinema. Like for me that would mean meeting at the nearest metro station to the cinema, then walking like 5 mins to the cinema, chatting, choosing a movie when we're there, sitting down, watching it. Try to think of things to say to your date, don't compliment her except at the start (ie: you meet and say how lovely she looks, then don't compliment her again for the rest of the date) because too many compliments is creepy. A tip I use is to look for screenings beforehand, then suggest booking one when you're there, then suggesting that you both get food, then go to a later viewing. Meet earlier, go home later. 

My first date with my current girlfriend was at an art gallery. We met at the metro station, got the metro to the art gallery, got talking, then we walked through the town the gallery was in, it was snowing and it was this really pretty old town. Then we got a spoons pizza together and went the cinema, got the metro back to mine etc.

Don't ever feel too pressured on dates, it's chill. For a second date, think of somewhere that you could both go where you can talk, but there's enough to occupy you both if conversation is sparse.

5 hours ago, SGTechGamer said:

What about the flowers? 

It's cliche but DEFINITELY rub one out just prior to the date. It will keep things a bit calmer and less anxiety.  Something About Mary had it right.

No flowers, none of that.  Just be yourself, open doors, LISTEN TO HER WHEN SHE TALKS, don't interject even if you think you can add to her narrative, and most of all... just be yourself, cuz that's the guy she works with and got interested in.  Not someone TRYING to impress her. 

Flowers are a good go-to for a later date, but try to find out what she likes and how she likes things. If she's a huge My Little Pony girl, bring her something from them instead.  Personalized gifts > Generic Flowers.

And for god sakes, get out more!  Fuck.  Get hobbies and hang out in the real world a bit.  You need social skills, man.  Even I have a couple.

www.meetup.com for groups and shit.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

5 hours ago, WereCatf said:
5 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:
5 hours ago, kilgore_T said:
5 hours ago, BigDamn said:
5 hours ago, Dujith said:
4 hours ago, Hiya! said:
4 hours ago, Teddy07 said:
4 hours ago, Settlerteo said:
4 hours ago, Lathlaer said:
3 hours ago, UrbanFreestyle said:
2 hours ago, PacketMan said:
49 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

I learned a few things today, 

1 some girls like hairy guys

2 never wear white on a date

3 never choose a love story movie for a first date( the girl may think you want to make out with her) 

4 practice my kissing

5 never talk about pc games at date

6 never say how hot a female char is in a game

7 never wear light color jeans

And lastly don't ever sweat like a pig and n your date. 

O

6 minutes ago, SGTechGamer said:

2 never wear white on a date

Thats racist /s

Seriously wear whatever looks good on you..as long its casual

7 minutes ago, SGTechGamer said:

4 practice my kissing

Slow down hero..its the 1st date.

8 minutes ago, SGTechGamer said:

5 never talk about pc games at date

Seriously who does that?

But it depends on the girl i guess..i'll be fine with that

8 minutes ago, SGTechGamer said:

6 never say how hot a female char is in a game

Not just female char..but basically any women during a date..You're asking to get shot if you do that.

Nevertheless...I wish you good luck not that you'll need it..i am sure you'll be fine.

Go get her.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore