[OLD] PSU Tier List 3.0 (Legacy)

LienusLateTips
Go to solution Solved by MEC-777,
1 hour ago, zxc99887 said:

Can you update Tier list for ASUS ROG STRIX 650 ?

i can, it's likely going straight to the crap because it's a seasonic focus plus, which shows except for the heatsink, fan and housing no difference with the current revision focus, not the upcoming one that might've solved it

for everyone wanting to prove me wrong here, internal shot

asus_rog_strix_750w_review_internas01-1024x768.jpg

Hello, want to ask about Korean company ABKO-NCORE who showcased their psu lineup (Computex 2019). Since i didn't see their products on the list, does anybody have already tried their products yet? And also i actually put an interest in their product, mainly Abkoncore Mighty 500W Modular. Thanks guys ^^

7 minutes ago, quivert said:

Hello, want to ask about Korean company ABKO-NCORE who showcased their psu lineup (Computex 2019). Since i didn't see their products on the list, does anybody have already tried their products yet? And also i actually put an interest in their product, mainly Abkoncore Mighty 500W Modular. Thanks guys ^^

Don't know anything about them. Their website actually has a decent amount of information on them. http://abkoncore.com/post/566

Double forward. Appears to be group regulated design (can't see DC-DC in the photos) and only 450W on 12V for 500W model is another giveaway. 85°C rated capacitor for the capacitors including primary hold up cap by the looks. 230V only. No temp rating provided in the spec sheet.

It would need to be cheap to be considered. Like $40 USD. Hard to say how it performs without proper reviews, but due to the 'rules' the PSU tier list uses (no Group Regulated units above Tier C), it couldn't be higher than Tier C.

Their other models almost look like they might be interesting, until you see their flagship 1200W 80+ Platinum unit is using 85°C caps as well. I can understand companies using 85°C caps on a cheap 80+ Standard 230V 500W unit, but why not use 105°C caps for your premium products!? ?‍♂️

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 hours ago, Spotty said:

Don't know anything about them. Their website actually has a decent amount of information on them. http://abkoncore.com/post/566

All the PSU's there are Andyson's as you can see in the pictures. Could be good, but it looks like Abkoncore prever to be an overpriced brand. And also likes to downgrade the designs as much as possible. 

43 minutes ago, -The_Mask- said:

All the PSU's there are Andyson's as you can see in the pictures. Could be good, but it looks like Abkoncore prever to be an overpriced brand. And also likes to downgrade the designs as much as possible. 

for some reason that top model felt like a thing andyson would do

is it the same platform as the one aris reviewed?

3 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

for some reason that top model felt like a thing andyson would do

is it the same platform as the one aris reviewed?

I don't really understand what you mean.

But the Abkoncore Core Platinum 1200W is a Andyson Platinum R1200 but with worse caps and maybe more downgrades, but that's not visible. 

2 hours ago, -The_Mask- said:

a Andyson Platinum R1200

thought so, yeah

thanks for confirming

Hi, 

What can you recommend PSU for a $70 below price, specs would be 5 3600/b450m/5700(those using 2pins)

Thanks

edit: I saw a $70(if converted to usd, actual price is 3650php) Cooler Master 650w ( MWE 650 BRONZE - V2 ) on my county but its v2 and I don't know its difference in the MWE that is recommended in tier list, I'm having an interest on this is this good enough?

@emhelmark where are you located? Sub70 might get you Bitfenix Formula Gold 450-550w if they are in stock :) Any other options?

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

What about Gigabyte pb500? Better than a Evga 600B?

Sentey sdp650 fx? (i think they are new)

A SeaSonic S12II 520w still works in 2019 for Ryzen 1600 and RX 590?

18 minutes ago, Cirices said:

What about Gigabyte pb500?

realhardtechx doesn't have any reviews or platform for it, so I'll skip that one for now

19 minutes ago, Cirices said:

I'd strongly recommend against that because of the lack of c6 sleep states and undervoltage protection

43 minutes ago, Cirices said:

What about Gigabyte pb500?

Probably shit.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Power-Supply/PB500#kf

456W on 12V rail for a 500W psu mean it probably group regulated. 

44 minutes ago, Cirices said:

Sentey sdp650 fx? (i think they are new)

there was a Jonny Guru review of it, but it was deleted. So I can't say anything about the quality of it

46 minutes ago, Cirices said:

Garbage. 

48 minutes ago, emhelmark said:

Around $70 on my country. Can't really find any decent one for good price.

if you're on that level of psu, i don't think you need 650w

anything at 550w available?

I'll be using 3600 + 5700/5700xt in that's why I'm aiming at 650w.

How about focus gold seasonic? its $77 on my country

1 minute ago, emhelmark said:

it has had some major issues, i wouldn't recommend it

you could do with 550w nontheless, but 650 is fine

anything else availible?

Just now, emhelmark said:

ow about this Corsair CX Series CX650M 80Plus around 77 bucks on my country too

too much for a cxm, and will possibly start to whine because it's double forward

looking a bit at prices over there, your best choices seem to be the mwe gold 650w, rm550x, tx650m, straight power 10

and maybe the hx if you're willing to pay up, but these above are great choices already

thanks! seems like sub 70 that is safe for my soon to be rig is hard to find

49 minutes ago, emhelmark said:

I'll be using 3600 + 5700/5700xt in that's why I'm aiming at 650w.

for just that, 550w is more than enough, my 1700 at 3.8Ghz and 5700XT took ~320w from the wall.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

i see, so any good below $70 550w can you recommend? you can look on the link on my previous comment because that's the shop I would be buying, $70 is around 3600-3700php on my country.

4 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

cxm, and will possibly start to whine

best choices seem to be the mwe gold 650w

my friend RMA'd MWE Gold 550 full modular for coilwhine, got another one, also coilwhine so he sold it and got himself Pure Power 11 600W(was 2 euros more than 500W), not under heavy load, slightly overclocked R7 1700 and stock RX580 8GB

damn, i guess I'll go with focus gold 550fm? Its the best price for gold psu on my country hope it can handle 3600 and 5700xt

edit: looks like focus are bad. might give a try on mwe 650 gold as it is my best option for budget

edit2: wait how about Cougar GX-S 750W APFC 80+ Gold PSU for 4500php(roughly $86-87) ??? damn my budget is increasing and increasing T_T 

15 minutes ago, emhelmark said:

edit2: wait how about Cougar GX-S 750W APFC

0 need, the mwe will do perfectly fine here, as it's already not going to get close to 650w, let alone 750