Do you think I can work for linus media group?

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

You need to meet special requirements for a temporary work visa and LMG would need to justify why they are not able to find a canadian citizen to fill that job position on your visa application.

So basically no, they won't hire you unless you have some very special skill they require and cannot find anyone else in canada that can do it.

Languages: English (C1), German (B1), French (A1).

Studies: 3rd semester of electrical engeneering.

Passionate about: computer hardware, phones and electronics.

Good at: communication skills

I live in: Mexico

I was interested in the full-time writer job.

https://www.linusmediagroup.com/jobs-1/

Full-Time Writer

Reporting to the Writing Department Head, the writer will produce and write scripts primarily for, but not limited to, our Youtube channels LinusTechTips, TechLinked, and TechQuickie

Duties inlucde:

• Writing scripts
  • Coordinating product handling between manufacturers, agencies, and the company for the purpose of creating videos

Required:

• A positive attitude
  • Strong writing skills
  • An analytical mind
  • Deep love of tech in general
  • Great problem-solving skills
  • Ability to work with a term or independently
  • Strong communication skills

To apply, fill out the form linked here. You will be contacted within a week if you qualify for the next stage.

You'd need to move to Canada though.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

10 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

Languages: English (C1), German (B1), French (A1).

Studies: 3rd semester of electrical engeneering.

Passionate about: computer hardware, phones and electronics.

Good at: communication skills

I live in: Mexico

I was interested in the full-time writer job.

You'd need to move to canada. But you seem pretty qualified.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Well not just the ability to move to Canada, but the legal permission to work there is a requirement. Like for example in the US, you either need a work permit (Employment Authorization Document) or a permanent residency card ("Green card") if you're not a US citizen. This is on top of getting some sort of tax ID number. I'm sure Canada has something similar.

You need to meet special requirements for a temporary work visa and LMG would need to justify why they are not able to find a canadian citizen to fill that job position on your visa application.

So basically no, they won't hire you unless you have some very special skill they require and cannot find anyone else in canada that can do it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

8 hours ago, Imbellis said:

https://www.linusmediagroup.com/jobs-1/

You'd need to move to Canada though.

Yeah I think that's probably the biggest problem.

8 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

You'd need to move to canada. But you seem pretty qualified.

8 hours ago, emosun said:

i dont have the positive attitude requirement lol

lol, I think I do that's why I got interested in it.

8 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I think you either omitted something or I'm confused :P 

Yes I am a native spanish speaker :)

8 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Well not just the ability to move to Canada, but the legal permission to work there is a requirement. Like for example in the US, you either need a work permit (Employment Authorization Document) or a permanent residency card ("Green card") if you're not a US citizen. This is on top of getting some sort of tax ID number. I'm sure Canada has something similar.

yes I am aware of that, I'll look it up thanks

7 hours ago, Enderman said:

I see, I didn't know that thanks

11 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

I already saw it but thanks for the help :)

I meant someone here to talk to by chat or something

maybe linus if you're lucky, but you're probably better off filling in that form

I'm pretty sure you have to go through the link that's been provided. Linus likely isn't going to chat through people on the forums for a job. It's not very professional nor is this the place for that.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

maybe linus if you're lucky, but you're probably better off filling in that form

right, but I need to make sure I am eligible first and get my papers done bc I don't think they'll do all of that for me

1 minute ago, Psybadek said:

I'm pretty sure you have to go through the link that's been provided. Linus likely isn't going to chat through people on the forums for a job. It's not very professional nor is this the place for that.

not necessarily linus, but thanks

1 minute ago, 17030644 said:

right, but I need to make sure I am eligible first and get my papers done bc I don't think they'll do all of that for me

not necessarily linus, but thanks

Np, good luck in your endeavors!

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Just now, Psybadek said:

Np, good luck in your endeavors!

alright thanks

59 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

I already saw it but thanks for the help :)

I meant someone here to talk to by chat or something

About what, though? Forums are here for discussing with others in community. There's also Discord. But getting in touch with LMG employees... Best place for that would be at LTX.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2019 at 2:41 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

About what, though? Forums are here for discussing with others in community. There's also Discord. But getting in touch with LMG employees... Best place for that would be at LTX.

I understand, ty