Cinebench R20 released

porina
5 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Windows Store, a solution to a problem that didn't exist and very few were asking for. On a tablet, phone or other portable device with a customized UI/OS for that then sure, on a desktop no. I accept Steam because it actually makes my life easier, has next to no restrictions on it, and is better than buying physical copies of games requiring actual travel to a physical store.

If I had to drive to a physical store to get almost all the Windows software I want then hell yes give me the Windows Store, otherwise go away.

Edit:

Also it's a free App

image.png.a9978f1a34c30c3911349ec63a303ae5.png

Why must I login/give my password, it's a free app....... Free.........................................................................................................

This exactly, I have no idea why Maxon felt the need to string everyone along through the MS Store when they've hosted previous versions of the same software on their own damned website xD I mean it's not like they're doing it through a store for DRM or things like that since it's free and all anyone has to do to make it portable is copy/paste the freakin bin file ?

4 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

This exactly, I have no idea why Maxon felt the need to string everyone along through the MS Store when they've hosted previous versions of the same software on their own damned website xD I mean it's not like they're doing it through a store for DRM or things like that since it's free and all anyone has to do to make it portable is copy/paste the freakin bin file ?

If they made some money from MS for putting it there....

15 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Windows Store, a solution to a problem that didn't exist and very few were asking for. On a tablet, phone or other portable device with a customized UI/OS for that then sure, on a desktop no. I accept Steam because it actually makes my life easier, has next to no restrictions on it, and is better than buying physical copies of games requiring actual travel to a physical store. 

That is not true. The Windows Store gives you the benefit of removing all these auto-updater that programs like to includes as background startup process or service. Steam has restrictions as well. You can't run a game without Steam installed and running, including its service. As for the last part, applies to the MS Store as well, you don't need a physical copy. And if you are at work (assuming you use Windows 10), you can sign in and install a game to your home PC remotely. So when you come home (assuming your PC was on) then you are ready to play/user app.

Edit:

Also it's a free App

Why must I login/give my password, it's a free app....... Free.........................................................................................................

Because it needs to validate your age (if it applies) and see if your account has any parental features. If you have a Microsoft linked account, it won't show as you are already logged in.

5 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

They are using Microsoft servers (And Apple servers for OSX) to distribute their app, and not have to use their own. This business decision allows them to save money... save money on something that they make no money on.

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

If they made some money from MS for putting it there....

Doubt it, Microsoft would go with big apps instead, if they wanted to do this.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

They are using Microsoft servers (And Apple servers for OSX) to distribute their app, and not have to use their own. This business decision allows them to save money... save money on something that they make no money on.

If that's the case then why do they still host R15 on their servers?

They don't have R11.5 on there which makes sense since that was the older version when R15 came out, so why not remove R15 and host R20 in it's place?

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

If that's the case then why do they still host R15 on their servers?

They don't have R11.5 on there which makes sense since that was the older version when R15 came out, so why not remove R15 and host R20 in it's place?

Maybe they plan to do so in the future. Maybe R15 will be moved to the Store. I don't know their plans. But the reality of things is that distribution of software is costly, especially if your app/game is popular.

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Maybe they plan to do so in the future. Maybe R15 will be moved to the Store. I don't know their plans.

Obviously nobody does, I was just saying that kinda pokes holes in the "they're hosting it there to save money" argument when they actively host other software on their website.

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Obviously nobody does, I was just saying that kinda pokes holes in the "they're hosting it there to save money" argument when they actively host other software on their website.

All I can think about, are these 2 possible points:

• They want to test the water with MS Store.
  • They are keeping the older version for Win7/8 users with a hope that downloads drops in favor of the newer version, reducing cost of the old version.

9 hours ago, leadeater said:

If I had to drive to a physical store to get almost all the Windows software I want then hell yes give me the Windows Store, otherwise go away.

Edit:

Also it's a free App

Exactly, I haven't had much use for the MS store on my desktop, on a tablet it can be nice for a few apps or games. It doesn't make much sense why Maxon won't at least offer a portable version for people that don't use the MS Store.

9 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

But it still doesn't make sense to not offer a portable ZIP file version of R20,  and the app pretty much promotes their software anyway.

Edit- Yeah makes sense if Maxon wants to test the Microsoft store.

Edited by Blademaster91

Got the files off my Windows 10 box, put on USB, put on Windows 7 box, opened Cinebench.exe

"The procedure entry point RemoveDLLDirectory could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL"

Suggestions?

Google says to install KB2533623 but that says it's not applicable to my system, eh whatever I'll just let wsusoffline run overnight and go through the tedium of installing all the updates to a system that's just gonna get blanked in month anyway. Yay.

I'm an idiot, the MS site didn't make the differentiation between 32 and 64 bit very clear on the page but I should have seen the x86 on the actual file I downloaded. That update fixed it.

*cries in triple digit score*

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

4 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

*cries in triple digit score*

I get around 500 in R15, I'm doing R20 just because I'm a glutton for pain.

Def not doing well with the min 4GB of RAM. System has 130MB free on a fresh boot.

hmm is this good? sure took longer then the old r15 one lol

cr20.thumb.png.73d969bd2265ecad25a98d8584f4b347.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

Ok this is unexpected... i5 4590S with a very small OC (like +100mhz, mostly for the bump in RAM speed) did 1262 which is WAY higher than anticipated, only scores in the low 500's in R15.

How can to transfer the bench to other pc? I can't find the install location. ?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

Edit:

Also it's a free App

Same reason you have to log in o. iOS and Google play store.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

51 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

The Windows Store gives you the benefit of removing all these auto-updater that programs like to includes as background startup process or service

When those programs ask I say no, only my AMD drivers check for updates.

54 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Steam has restrictions as well.

That was in reference to using and the function of the Steam platform, Windows Store does restrict and limit features of software released on to it. Steam firmly stays in the distribution aspect with some additional optional features like Steam DRM if the developer opts in. Windows Store controls far more than that.

If you want an example then Crossfire, I have two 290X's and for Windows Store games which doesn't don't allow Fullscreen mode and uses Borderless Window I can only use 1 GPU. That's not a problem for Steam games.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

As for the last part, applies to the MS Store as well, you don't need a physical copy.

That was a hypothetical to show a reason why I would want it if that was a thing. Before Steam physical game sales was a thing so Steam brought to me a convenience I did not have before, acquiring the software from the computer which I can do without the Windows Store before it existed.

Windows Store inconveniences me more than it conveniences me hence I don't like it.

>Not posting results in CB thread and waiting until @Jumper118 wakes up in the morning to add them.

We're reaching levels of rarity that shouldn't be possible.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Not too bad for my 4690K @ 4.5GHz

Spoiler

I did an initial run of it and got 1666 for the multithreaded score and 420 for the single core score but like a dingus I didn't screenshot or save the results...

image.png.a7fa292bdd776895446519be02b9844a.png

Downloading it and then nabbing the files out of its folder works fine on other systems, at least on Win10 for me so far between a couple versions. Uploaded it to my server for future use.

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

not at my PC now, but:

program files > windows apps(?) > maxon > cinebench R20 > (i think there's one more folder) > bin

will update when i get back

copypaste that folder to somewhere else. probably rename it afterwards so it's not some "bin" folder in a random location

Found it, thanks. 

Weirdly if i start the software from Start Menu like you usually do for UWP apps i get 1114 error.

hOI3GpM.png

Anyone else get similar error? Probably related to laptop with multiple GPUs.

No problem if open the exe directly from the /bin folder. 

Spoiler

u2dtGdo.png

f59.jpg

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

nevermind, easier method:

• Run Cinebench R20
  • open task manager
  • FTen6JQ.png
  • copy the Bin folder out. rename it afterwards

bingo, you can also just grab the contents looks the same as any other cinebench