Cinebench R20 released

porina
6 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

bump it to 4.6 or 4.7 , every chips different but my 5820k was a beast, it could go up to 4.9.

Mine is a different kind of beast. It runs 4.5GHz at only 1.150V (but I just keep it on AUTO because I noticed it only runs it 25mV higher at 1.175V which is still insanely low for a 4.5GHz clock. It's really stubborn going past 4.5GHz or I just don't know how to overclock it right, but I doubt that's the case because I've tried everything and it's not stable no matter the voltages. So I just settled at 4.5GHz. It's fast enough for really high framerate gaming and have plenty of threads to compute demanding things I use (which is mostly file compression and video encoding).

Just now, xAcid9 said:

Found it, thanks. 

Weirdly if i start the software from Start Menu like you usually do for UWP apps i get 1114 error.

hOI3GpM.png

Anyone else get similar error? Probably related to laptop with multiple GPUs.

No problem if open the exe directly from the /bin folder. 

Reveal hidden contents

u2dtGdo.png

f59.jpg

if you have user account control or SmartScreen still enabled you may have to run as admin

2 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

if you have user account control or SmartScreen still enabled you may have to run as admin

Tried that but still get 1114.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

But, here is a direct link to get it from the Store, if it is of any help in getting:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PGZKJC81Q7J

(you can remote install it on all your PCs if you are away)

Well, you can't do that when you don't want a Microsoft user signed in on your computer.... Guess I try to find it wait for another place to get it.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

4 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Steam has restrictions as well. You can't run a game without Steam installed and running, including its service.  And if you are at work (assuming you use Windows 10), you can sign in and install a game to your home PC remotely. So when you come home (assuming your PC was on) then you are ready to play/user app.

Firstly the Steam DRM thing there is not required thing. It's a thing the developer can choose to use. Some games on Steam you can just drag the game files out if steam folders and play it without having steam running at all :)

Not everyone has windows 10 PCs at work where you are logged in to a Microsoft user, and that is a pain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

5 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Well, you can't do that when you don't want a Microsoft user signed in on your computer.... Guess I try to find it wait for another place to get it.

you can now just sign into the store or specific apps instead of needing a MS account on the whole system otherwise check your messages

3 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Firstly the Steam DRM thing there is not required thing. It's a thing the developer can choose to use. Some games on Steam you can just drag the game files out if steam folders and play it without having steam running at all :)

Not everyone has windows 10 PCs at work where you are logged in to a Microsoft user, and that is a pain.

I have LTSB at work so it doesnt even have the store or even the calculator

4 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

you can now just sign into the store or specific apps instead of needing a MS account on the whole system otherwise check your messages

You can? Oh, I didn't know that

-Stephen Hawking

6 minutes ago, Mihle said:

You can? Oh, I didn't know that

yeah started with creators (i think)

15 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Yes you can. You have the option to login only and not link your account to Microsoft one.

9 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Sorry. Steam DRM is completely enforced, even if the dev doesn't want to. A perfect example is the The Wither games. The developers are anti-DRM, and the only place to get their game DRM free is from their own store (GOG.com). If  you get it on Steam, you have Steam DRM in action.

Disappointed about the bloated score values

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

36 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Sorry. Steam DRM is completely enforced, even if the dev doesn't want to. A perfect example is the The Wither games. The developers are anti-DRM, and the only place to get their game DRM free is from their own store (GOG.com). If  you get it on Steam, you have Steam DRM in action.

I did it with KSP some years ago when I played it. Dragged the files out of Steam and just played it.

EDIT: I just did it again, and it works fine. I can see zero steam services running while I did. The ONLY steam feature it has is steam workshop tho, It does not have steam achievements.

-Stephen Hawking

12 hours ago, porina said:

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a standalone download for Windows, and you have to get it through the MS store. Once I get over that hurdle, it's time to get benching!

Guess I'll be sticking with R15 then :(

'tis the price I pay for banishing Windows Update...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

5 minutes ago, Mihle said:

I did it with KSP some years ago when I played it. Dragged the files out of Steam and just played it.

that is super usefull for when doing modded playthroughs. as having too many mods may break the game hard. especially considering what can be done with it

34 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Fantasy Grounds is DRM free, I often run it outside of Steam (mostly because it's a badly made game but w/e side issue). It's one of those games made and released outside of Steam that was later added purely so people could find it easier, download it and the DLCs etc. None of the Steam specific stuff was added in beyond that. Game updates are external to Steam as well, it's done through the game launcher, that's how not Steam that game is even though I purchased it on Steam.

Don't know how many games are similar to that but it's not many.

Tried few solution and still cant get it open via start menu. Uninstalled that UWP shit and ran it straight from the folder i copied out.

14 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

Disappointed about the bloated score values

a8Bs2jLdtMA.thumb.jpg.3455c38bb7be969229

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

16 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

-snip-

A-384947-1205722399.jpeg.jpg

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Just now, leadeater said:

RTX On version of R20?

Hell yeah. 

It just works.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

1 hour ago, TheProfosist said:

I have LTSB at work so it doesnt even have the store or even the calculator

I have LTSB at work too, using it right now. No store on here, but I do have calculator. Is this an admin choice or is it not there at all I wonder...

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 minute ago, porina said:

I have LTSB at work too, using it right now. No store on here, but I do have calculator. Is this an admin choice or is it not there at all I wonder...

by default it doesnt for newer versions once it was based on the store. really old versions of Win10 didnt have the store calculator and just used the one from Win8 maybe your on an early version.

2 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

by default it doesnt for newer versions once it was based on the store. really old versions of Win10 didnt have the store calculator and just used the one from Win8 maybe your on an early version.

I think I'm on the 1st LTSB. Actually it is refreshing how little bloat there is compared to the consumer versions.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I ran my 5820K @4.5GHz with minimal background activity.

just barely passed the 3000 mark :)

4.5GHz-i75820K-Temps-Clocks.PNG

:ph34r: