Pc is actually garbage

supershadow230

Alright so I think it’s fair to say that paying $1000 for a computer that can’t even run games well on all low settings isn’t fun. My specs are

ryzen 2600 

8gb ddr4 2866 (don’t say I need 3000mhz such a childish recommendation)

240gb SSD + 1tb hdd 7200rpm + 8tb 5400rpm (empty) 

powerColor rx 570 4gb 

750w Corsair powersupply

msi b450m pro m2 

Anyways I struggle to enjoy simple things on my pc whether it be video editing on after effects it lags so hard. Watching YouTube at 720p I get fps drops. Extracting a zip feels like it’s using 100% cpu

gaming is alright but it stutters a lot and it screen tears. Is there anyway to fix this or is amd just pure garbage? How Can I fix screen tearing without using in game vsync? how is it that consoles don’t struggle with all this bull crap like I spend 4-6 hours every time I turn on my pc to fix it nothing works. I used to be able to play fortnite before full screen no screen tearing without vsync and unlimited fps almost no stutter actually yeah no stutter just fps drops here and there

My friend let me borrow his 2x8 ddr4 3200mhz and it didn’t help at all just saying and it was the rgb one not some cheap one either 

did you install the graphics driver?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Whats taking up all your usage? Check task manager to see whats hogging your system.

EDIT: The amount of heat in this topic is enough to cook a prime rib 

EDIT EDIT: Ty OP for abandoning 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Teddy07 said:

lol you need a gpu of course or you will not run games and stuff

4 minutes ago, supershadow230 said:

powerColor rx 570 4gb 

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Seems like someone is crying because they dont know how to set shit up.

also inb4.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

check CPU and GPU temperatures as well (especially the CPU)

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

4 minutes ago, supershadow230 said:

My friend let me borrow his 2x8 ddr4 3200mhz and it didn’t help at all just saying and it was the rgb one not some cheap one either 

Uh...are you for real? It's obviously your graphics card that is the weak link here - not ram with RGB.

6 minutes ago, Adorable Cat said:

I saw my mistake but you were too fast.

Did you check the device manager if the GPU is detected?

Are there any ? in the device manager (= drivers needed)?

I would install every driver manually (GPU as well as all motherboard ones).

@supershadow230
my best guess is that something is wrong with your CPU clocks, check in task manager and look at CPU usage and clock speed.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 minute ago, syn2112 said:

the card is not weak by any means..

Weak LINK. No one is calling the card itself weak. Compared to the rest of the specs, it stands out.  A system with an SSD, decently quick ram and a 6 core Ryzen chip doesn't exactly struggle.

5 minutes ago, supershadow230 said:

How Can I fix screen tearing without using in game vsync?

"How do I fix screen tearing without using the thing that is designed specifically to fix this issue?"

6 minutes ago, supershadow230 said:

I used to be able to play fortnite before full screen no screen tearing without vsync and unlimited fps

image.png.a3b0125979b068fdbce09f0a30a7b7d4.png

As others have mentioned, check CPU & GPU temperatures. Run DDU and reinstall the latest drivers from the AMD website. Install a reputable anti-virus program and run a full virus scan.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

Weak LINK. No one is calling the card itself weak. Compared to the rest of the specs, it stands out.  A system with an SSD, decently quick ram and a 6 core Ryzen chip doesn't exactly struggle.

neither is the RX 570 though.. it's a great card, and i'm here running an R9 280 with an 8700K, having no issues at all.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

9 minutes ago, supershadow230 said:

(don’t say I need 3000mhz such a childish recommendation)

You're not going to get much help round here with comments like that.

GPU driver issue possibly.

Overheating, maybe?

background tasks?

All possibilities but a Ryzen 2600 / RX 570 system should game just fine.

Driver issues, overheating, viruses, corrupted files. I'd say the diagnosis is PEBCAK.

23 minutes ago, supershadow230 said:

how is it that consoles don’t struggle with all this bull crap like I spend 4-6 hours every time I turn on my pc to fix it nothing works.

So, that is one of the draws of consoles. They provide a much simpler user interface, aimed squarely at the LCD user story.

PCs give you much more flexibility and power, but at the cost of higher complexity and higher maintenance requirements. So that is a thing.

25 minutes ago, supershadow230 said:

Anyways I struggle to enjoy simple things on my pc whether it be video editing on after effects it lags so hard. Watching YouTube at 720p I get fps drops. Extracting a zip feels like it’s using 100% cpu 

So we'll ignore after effects for now, since only having 8gb of memory can be a factor there. We will also ignore gaming, since after switching from 16gb to 8gb of RAM I noticed significant frame drops in many games as well.

What is interesting here is the Youtube complaint and the zip extracting complaint. The youtube complaint can be a multitude of things, so we'll ignore that for now.

About zip extractions, can you extract a normal sized .zip file, tell us the compressed size, the uncompressed size, how long it took, what utility you were using, and what task manager says CPU usage was during the test?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Okay @supershadow230, let's start at the beginning. How did you install your OS? Did let let the updates come in automatically? Did you install your GPU drivers (and drivers for your chipset and peripherals)? How many startup applications are you working with? I know these questions sound unnecessary, but CompTIA A+ reasoning here - starting with the most common missteps before proceeding any further. I also wrote a guide on how to install Windows 10, so I can provide that as well if need be...

• 5 months later...
On 1/21/2019 at 2:01 PM, _Syn_ said:

@supershadow230
my best guess is that something is wrong with your CPU clocks, check in task manager and look at CPU usage and clock speed.

well my cpu is good but everytime i open the task manager it spikes to 100 for 3 seconds then goes to 2 percent again

• 1 year later...

No, it's not. Let's just not call PC garbage but yes there are some things that we didn't like. Alright, firstly it's not as fast as macs, but it's pretty fine. Also you said you use AMD, it's fine too but try intel processors they are a bit better than your AMD Ryzens. This can be a bug, you can report it at the feedback center of Windows 10 by pressing Windows Key + F or simply searching it on the start menu.