TSA killed my pc, (R.I.P Galion Evo)

Galion
Go to solution Solved by Imbellis,

I've flown with my PC a couple of times and haven't had any trouble - then again, they've always been domestic flights.

A tip I've seen often is to pack it with a gun component so it's required to be locked with a non-TSA lock. Then if they open your luggage at all without your direct consent (which means you're there), then you can often press for full compensation.

Quote from their page:

"If you are flying with a very expensive match-grade piece or flying with super-expensive tech in your case it will likely be safer than a regular bag, but airline liability may not be fully what you expected. Consult their airline ahead of time and consider additional traveler's insurance if you deem it prudent. "

4 minutes ago, Galion said:

-_-! Come on people aren't that bad, 

they weren't being malicious, they were just careless.

6 minutes ago, PC Budget Solutions said:

Who was the actual shipper, did you purchase any insurance?

Insurance, yes I need to find my shipping invoice

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

Complaining is useless....

even you can proof the worker  damaged it, I doubt you will get anything back aside from an apology. Then the poor worker will be fired...

you got to understand his workload throwing tons of 20+kg luggage a day with only little wage...

what GPU and cooler did you have?

Systems:

Main Gaming:                                                        Windows XP:

Ryzen 5 2600                                                               Intel Pentium 3

Asus RX 580 OC                                                     1GB DDR2

Patriot Viper DDR4 8GB                                         Asus Motherboard

Asus ROG B450-I                                                   Dell 300W

Corsair CX 450                                                       ATI Rage 128 Fury Pro

FreeNAS Server:                                                   Windows 98/95 duel boot:

I5 3400k                                                                  Pentium Pro

Patriot DDR3 8GB                                                  HP Vectra motherboard 

Gigabyte Ultra Durable                                           500MB RAM

Rosewill Glacier 600W                                           Soundblaster 16

Matrox Mystique

Random PC:                                                         

AMD Phenom x4 850                                          Key:

Kukete A78                                                          Motherboard

Kingston 4GB DDR3                                            Memory

Dell 500W                                                            Power Supply

Graphics Card

Other Gaming:                                                    Sound Card

Ryzen 5 2600                                                       Processor

Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming

MSI 1050 OC

Hyper-X 16GB DDR4

EVGA 750 B2

4 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

they weren't being malicious, they were just careless.

I agree

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

Complaining is useless....

even you can proof the worker  damaged it, I doubt you will get anything back aside from an apology. Then the poor worker will be fired...

you got to understand his workload throwing tons of 20+kg luggage a day with only little wage...

I'll see if the insurance will cover it be for complaining, I don't want to o get ppl fired

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

6 minutes ago, quakeguy81 said:

I'm sorry your PC got ruined by the TSA.  You really should post pictures even before you remove anything.  I never tried traveling with my PC before.  Maybe you should stick to a shipping service like UPS or Fedex and have your PC shipped to your destination.

I was trying to save a few bucks, my baby?

9 minutes ago, BLLDoesTech said:

what GPU and cooler did you have?

Zotac gtx 1080 mini and a silverstone td02 slim 

Best Value Build List

I'll see if the insurance will cover it be for complaining, I don't want to o get ppl fired

You probably wont get people fired. It is almost impossible to figure out who is at fault for this.

At least I think... 

Zitac gtx 1080 mini and a silverstone td02 slim 

Hmm, actually sounds like the cooler could have been ripped out, the GPU probably got knocked around in shipping, even happens to Linus and the ROG reboot

Systems:

Ryzen 5 2600                                                               Intel Pentium 3

Corsair CX 450                                                       ATI Rage 128 Fury Pro

FreeNAS Server:                                                   Windows 98/95 duel boot:

I5 3400k                                                                  Pentium Pro

Patriot DDR3 8GB                                                  HP Vectra motherboard 

Matrox Mystique

Random PC:                                                         

Dell 500W                                                            Power Supply

Graphics Card

MSI 1050 OC

Hyper-X 16GB DDR4

EVGA 750 B2

When I fly, I NEVER check anything I'm not willing to lose. If it is important I ship it via FedEx, UPS, or private courier.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Just now, quakeguy81 said:

Yeah, if it was shipping damage, he just needs to ship it better, like removing the GPU beforehand and pack it separately.

agree, but the water cooler being ripped out doesn't seem like shipping damage

Systems:

Matrox Mystique

Random PC:                                                         

Graphics Card

MSI 1050 OC

Hyper-X 16GB DDR4

EVGA 750 B2

I've flown with my PC a couple of times and haven't had any trouble - then again, they've always been domestic flights.

A tip I've seen often is to pack it with a gun component so it's required to be locked with a non-TSA lock. Then if they open your luggage at all without your direct consent (which means you're there), then you can often press for full compensation.

Quote from their page:

"If you are flying with a very expensive match-grade piece or flying with super-expensive tech in your case it will likely be safer than a regular bag, but airline liability may not be fully what you expected. Consult their airline ahead of time and consider additional traveler's insurance if you deem it prudent. "

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

2 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Quote from their page:

Thanks will do

Best Value Build List

30 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

They're getting back pay. No reason to be complete dicks.

i'll take "people who dont have a clue" for 200 alex

Just now, emosun said:

i'll take "people who dont have a clue" for 200 alex 

You know he's not wrong - they're getting backpay and a $500 bonus. Does that make it suck any less right now? No, but it's not wrong.

In addition to my earlier comment regarding packing gun components with expensive luggage, I meant to expand upon the meaning of "gun"

Namely, a "gun" - even a flaregun - can be packed and will require your luggage to be more secure.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Just now, Imbellis said:

You know he's not wrong - they're getting backpay and a $500 bonus. Does that make it suck any less right now? No, but it's not wrong.

if a company didnt give me my paycheck i'd work relative to the amount i'd been paid during the previous period. so i don;t entirely think i would care how fragile the stupid luggage is.

1 hour ago, emosun said:

they weren't paid to handle your pc , they havent been paid in weeks

what do you expect?

There are several programs supporting government employees at this time. I do not know you're scenario, but If you are affected by the shutdown these resources may help you:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-helps

https://media.chase.com/news/chase-assists-during-government-shutdown

https://www.wellsfargo.com/help/government-shutdown/

https://www.launchfcu.com/loanpromotion/government-shutdown-zero-percent-interest-loan/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/huntington-to-assist-federal-employees-during-government-shutdown-300773059.html

https://message.bankofamerica.com/shutdown/?cm_sp=EBZ-BAC-Announcement-_-BACAnnouncement-_-AMT2SX3F01_SuperHighlights_Shutdown_Dec18_ctaGovtShutdown

https://www.usbank.com/newsroom/news/us-bank-launches-new-low-rate-quick-loan-for-customers-needing-assistance-during-federal-government-shutdown.html?ecid=TW_SF_PR_sf205803222_sf205803222&sf205803222=1

Quicken loans is waiving late fees for government employees that miss a mortgage payment due to the shutdown.

If you currently have a new toyota that is financed:

https://corporatenews.pressroom.toyota.com/releases/toyota+financial+services+offers+payment+relief+to+customers+affected+by+federal+government+shutdown.htm

As is standard, all government employees affected by the shutdown will receive back pay when the shutdown ends. Until that occurs I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible and some deal can be made. No need to get overly political in a thread. This isn't a status update.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

1 minute ago, ATFink said:

No need to get overly political in a thread.

i didnt mention politics

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

i didnt mention politics

they havent been paid in weeks

What was the point in mentioning pay if you're not getting political about the government shutdown? Is bringing up the government shutdown not political?

EDIT:

Again, If you're affected I found a good article that links to several potentially valuable resources

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/01/10/government-shutdown-freebies-deals-and-help-furloughed-workers/2523404002/

3 minutes ago, ATFink said:

What was the point in mentioning pay if you're not getting political about the government shutdown? Is bringing up the government shutdown not political?

i didnt bring up a government shutdown

do...... you need some rest? is everything ok?

1 hour ago, Galion said:

Ah OK thanks more people for me to scream at on the complaints call,

Screaming at a complete stranger that had zero to do with this is a dick thing to do. 

43 minutes ago, emosun said:

i didnt bring up a government shutdown

do...... you need some rest? is everything ok?

I am well rested. There seems to be a point of confusion. You said:

2 hours ago, emosun said:

they weren't paid to handle your pc , they havent been paid in weeks

what do you expect?

Note the underlined segments. "They" refers to TSA agents, and the TSA is a government agency. Its employees haven't been paid (coincidentally in several weeks if you were reffering to something other than the shutdown) because of the ongoing government shutdown in America. To me linking the lack of pay to a lack of care in handling the OPs PC is clearly a direct political jab since this is a current issue. I figured maybe it affected you since you mentioned it and I provided resources that may help if you are affected. Did I miss something?

7 minutes ago, ATFink said:

Did I miss something?

yes you missed the part where if you place that same post into google translate  , then read it backwards and convert it to binary code which reveals a secret gps location of a hidden bunker that contains files that prove aliens are real

Untfvfffgfggfitled.jpg

Just now, emosun said:

yes you missed the part where if you place that same post into google translate  , then read it backwards and convert it to binary code which reveals a secret gps location of a hidden bunker that contains files that prove aliens are real

O...M...G!!!!

12 minutes ago, emosun said:

Untfvfffgfggfitled.jpg

Google translate.... :P

You should see how bad it can be. Give backstroke of the west a good watch!

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

OP's flying to singapore ._. don't suggest carrying weapons or its parts there

I don't own a gun yet

Best Value Build List