New iPod Touch might be in the works for 2019

captain_to_fire

iPod Touch  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Have you personally owned an iPod Touch before?

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

Be careful what you say, more than once Apple leaks have scared us with removal of a Lightning port thus making the phones wireless charging only.

That is the end-goal of Apple. To be the firsy without wires. Regardless off how annoying it will be

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

we all know it's going to happen at some time...

yup. F to fast charging. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

No DAC dongles may or may not work with the phone. They usually dont with phones that have headphone jacks because they dont need to have DAC passthrough the USB C.

interesting. i guess Apple implements it differently then. but they can because they have their own connector. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Ah sorry. But your argument did sound like something an Apple person would pull. Or even Apple themselves

nah i'm not that much of an Apple fanboy xD 

She/Her

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

That is the end-goal of Apple. To be the firsy without wires. Regardless off how annoying it will be

Ew.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

1 minute ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

In all seriousness, I was entertaining getting an iPhone since the 8 came out. Put it off due to my contract not being up. Then the X came out, saw no headphone jack, and bailed.

iPhones haven't had headphone jacks since the iPhone 7. so the 8 would not meet your requirements as well. 

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

iPhones haven't had headphone jacks since the iPhone 7. so the 8 would not meet your requirements as well. 

Really? Might have been the 7 then. I just remember it had a headphone jack when I couldnt buy one and didnt when I could.

Damn, the 7 came out in 2016. Its already 3 years old.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

after that they remove the front camera, remove the buttons for on screen only use, remove the sim tray, and the speakers.

iphone xvi everybody, a brick with a screen

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

interesting. i guess Apple implements it differently then. but they can because they have their own connector. 

Its only an issue since Google and HTC and some other decided they would not follow the standard of using passthrough.

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

nah i'm not that much of an Apple fanboy xD

No but you are good at faking their logic

The iPod touch would likely target younger users who aren’t yet ready for a smartphone.

Yes, giving a 6 year old a fairly expensive and fragile device could in no way go wrong. Why do they think kids aren't given smartphones? The telephone function is possibly the only thing that might be of use to a child. It's everything else that might be a problem, and the ipod touch is just an (outdated) iphone without the phone. Oh, and you could just get a cheapo smartphone and not put a SIM card in it if that's your concern... is that too revolutionary for Apple?

And don't even get me started on the utter nonsense that is a 200$ dedicated music player without expandable storage...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Yes, giving a 6 year old a fairly expensive and fragile device could in no way go wrong. Why do they think kids aren't given smartphones? The telephone function is possibly the only thing that might be of use to a child. It's everything else that might be a problem, and the ipod touch is just an (outdated) iphone without the phone. Oh, and you could just get a cheapo smartphone and not put a SIM card in it if that's your concern... is that too revolutionary for Apple?

And don't even get me started on the utter nonsense that is a 200$ dedicated music player without expandable storage...

As the intern of a pediatrician, let me correct you: Most young kids now a days have brand new iPhones. No joke.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

Really? Might have been the 7 then. I just remember it had a headphone jack when I couldnt buy one and didnt when I could.

the 6S was the last one with a headphone jack. the 7 doesn't have it. 

Damn, the 7 came out in 2016. Its already 3 years old.

it's still decent though. i bought a 128gb version used and it still performs well.

mine has a weird issue where the touchscreen won't respond sometimes, and won't respond for a long time if i reboot that, but i do have a crack in the screen... 

apart from that though it's still a nice phone. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Its only an issue since Google and HTC and some other decided they would not follow the standard of using passthrough.

why have standards when you can just not follow them... literally the whole tech industry. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

No but you are good at faking their logic

ouch... 

She/Her

4 minutes ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

As the intern of a pediatrician, let me correct you: Most young kids now a days have brand new iPhones. No joke.

Well, fair enough - but if there were any concerns for these parents, why would the ipod solve them?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

why have standards when you can just not follow them... literally the whole tech industry. 

Because passthrough is not standard. Its an optional spec for USB C

Technically everyone is following the standard. Some just do the right thing of having extra

you know when I would consider a ipod to have the right to exist in 2019? if it has the following

• headphone jack
  • a actual good dac/amp
  • expendable storage
  • ios support like a iphone
  • cost 200-250 dollars

Just now, Sauron said:

Well, fair enough - but if there were any concerns for these parents, why would the ipod solve them?

absolutly nothing imo...

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Why do they think kids aren't given smartphones?

I see kids all over with smartphones. Like 6-10 years old. 

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

The telephone function is possibly the only thing that might be of use to a child

That is the only use. $19.95 prepaid flip phone FTW

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

And don't even get me started on the utter nonsense that is a 200$ dedicated music player without expandable storage..

I dont get why this is the main argument for Touches. "But I want to go to the gym without my phone just for music". Buy a fucking nano or something then. But people are firm on iPod touches have there place...no...no they dont. 

5 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

it's still decent though. i bought a 128gb version used and it still performs well.

may I ask what you paid for it?

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

you know when I would consider a ipod to have the right to exist in 2019? if it has the following

image.png.db341886ff5c5d5829b61ffb7d4aeefb.png

Throw Apple watch OS on it, give it 64gigs base storage and make it $50. Boom, the only ipod worth being an ipod

4 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

"But I want to go to the gym without my phone just for music". Buy a fucking nano or something then.

Ah, but the nano is discontinued ^^

But yes, it's stupid. As if the ipod took any less space in your pocket, or was in any way different from a smartphone outside the ability to make calls... I also can't envision having anything expensive in my pocket at the gym, I'd just drop it, guaranteed. Then again I do rock climbing...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I don't think they are updating it to be a music player. Likely updating it just enough to play fortnite mobile and market it aggressively to kids. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

I don't think they are updating it to be a music player. Likely updating it just enough to play fortnite mobile and market it aggressively to kids. 

It can't play Fortnite, the specs are trash.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Interesting. Hopefully they have some larger capacities, and manage to slim down the bezels to make it a really compact device. It'd certainly peak my interest. While PMPs have come a long way over the years, Apple was always the best at UI and management, plus the battery life was pretty good.

Might need to pick one up if they tick the right boxes.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, captain_to_fire said:

Maybe because parents buy it for their kids or there are people who want to try the Apple ecosystem but don't want to spend a lot of money on a new iPhone or iPad. Not to mention, the iPod Touch is colorful. Back in the day, its only competitor is the Zune HD but it was eventually killed by Microsoft in October 2011. Samsung tried with their Galaxy Player but it sucked.

I might buy the kids argument but I don't buy it in this day and age. As far as ecosystem goes, for ecosystem you need other apple devices as well to actually experience it, and the other devices are even more expensive. Apples ecosystem is not iTunes on Windows and BAM, that's it. You actually new devices. 

Unless it literally has better components like other dedicates players that cost more than an iPhone, and it won't you can bet it, it's DOA. It doesn't matter if it's an Apple product. Apple consumers are realizing that Apple went overboard with their recent tactics. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

may I ask what you paid for it?

€475 and i bought it about 6 months ago

She/Her

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Interesting. Hopefully they have some larger capacities, and manage to slim down the bezels to make it a really compact device. It'd certainly peak my interest. While PMPs have come a long way over the years, Apple was always the best at UI and management, plus the battery life was pretty good.

Might need to pick one up if they tick the right boxes.

Hopefully. My ipod touch nano, I think 7th gen, is a champion. It's 6 years old and is amazing.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu