What Got You Interested In Tech?

Jogostar

I always liked playing video games. I have been on computers since somewhere around 2001 or so, so I kinda have just been hooked since the beginning I guess.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

I liked Team Fortress 2, but my laptop couldn't support it, so I did research and found out I could build a PC. My knowledge grew over the years since I just seemed to like enthusiast grade tech.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I didn't have anything else to do when I was a kid. So since I was 12 I just learned about it. Back in the day I seen people posting portals for the psp which had flash content. So I learned how to code html, made my own portal. Then my own website and maintained that for a while when I was 15. Then fixing problems is something I enjoy so always fixing my families computers is something I did.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

What got you into tech?

I guess i'll share my own personal little story first ^_^

I was age 7 (2006) when I found my first love, a PC (I forget which model it is). I setup the PC my self, plugged in the VGA Cables, PSU to the wall outlet, keyboard and mouse, etc, etc.) I felt pretty special at the time. I remember at the time I installed my first game it was for my younger brothers birthday, he was turning five, and I installed a game of Clifford the Big Red Dog. At the time my reading wasn't very proficient so through the installation I just went next next next, and next. 

So fast forward two years later I was 9 years old and I got my own PC, it was some sort of Mac (137648-bondi-imac_386.jpg) So it was a whole different OS for me, but I learned how to use it, I picked up the whole OS pretty easily. 

As a kid I would go to the public library a lot where they had public computers free of use. 

Fast forward two more years, I was age 11. I finally got PC that was fairly strong, (I still have it to this day, and use it rarely). It was some sort of HP laptop. (

854-2153-large.jpg

Oh yes I believe it was a HP Pavilion G6. 

Fast forward two years (again), I was 13 and decided I want a nice gaming PC to PC gaming off of, I wanted to be a PC gamer I said, so I found that Walmart had their own 'Build their PC thing online'. I was going to do that, then I decided I wanted to build my own PC with a 1000+ dollar budget, so I did A LOT of research, and I swear I never learnt more about anything in a 4 month time frame. I probably learned more than I do in 2 school years. 

And now here I am with my great rig :D  (see pictures below)

Pictures coming as soon as I find where I stored them on my HDD

So whats your story

~Snapy (Nick)

Old pc was slow. That's it. 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

LinusTechTips and my friends :)

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

My dad is a networking engineer and my mom is an industry programmer. So computers and technology has always been a big part of my life. I think if I ever bought a factory assembled PC my parents would disinherit me.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I just loved playing videogames when I was little.

Now I am a programmer and like to chill on this forum :)

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

An insatiably curious mind that does not stop until I understand how everything works, I was building electronic dice and crystal radios at 8. I discovered the Britannica in year 8 and then discovered science, I have not stopped and tech is an integral part of all of it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I played video games ever since I could hold a controller (2) and it just went up from there.

What got you into tech?

I guess i'll share my own personal little story first ^_^

I was age 7 (2006) when I found my first love, a PC (I forget which model it is). I setup the PC my self, plugged in the VGA Cables, PSU to the wall outlet, keyboard and mouse, etc, etc.) I felt pretty special at the time. I remember at the time I installed my first game it was for my younger brothers birthday, he was turning five, and I installed a game of Clifford the Big Red Dog. At the time my reading wasn't very proficient so through the installation I just went next next next, and next. 

So fast forward two years later I was 9 years old and I got my own PC, it was some sort of Mac (137648-bondi-imac_386.jpg) So it was a whole different OS for me, but I learned how to use it, I picked up the whole OS pretty easily. 

As a kid I would go to the public library a lot where they had public computers free of use. 

Fast forward two more years, I was age 11. I finally got PC that was fairly strong, (I still have it to this day, and use it rarely). It was some sort of HP laptop. (

854-2153-large.jpg

Oh yes I believe it was a HP Pavilion G6. 

Fast forward two years (again), I was 13 and decided I want a nice gaming PC to PC gaming off of, I wanted to be a PC gamer I said, so I found that Walmart had their own 'Build their PC thing online'. I was going to do that, then I decided I wanted to build my own PC with a 1000+ dollar budget, so I did A LOT of research, and I swear I never learnt more about anything in a 4 month time frame. I probably learned more than I do in 2 school years. 

And now here I am with my great rig :D  (see pictures below)

Pictures coming as soon as I find where I stored them on my HDD

So whats your story

~Snapy (Nick)

I've been using computers since about 2 years old, I used to play the old Pinball on my mums computer. 

What really got me into tech was the fact i needed more RAM to play mine craft than my Mid 2010 Macbook could handle. So i found out i could upgrade it to 8GB, and went from there. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

"that's cool. how can i do that? how does it work? let's figure it out"

Watching reruns of Star Trek (original) as a kid and I saw how awesome Scotty was.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

iPod touch 2g, jailbreaked it :D

Spoiler

CPU: 3570k @ 4.8Ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-UD5H GPU: GTX 1060 PSU: BeQuiet PP 630W OS: Mac OSX & W10 Ram: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16gb 1600mhz Storage: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB; 1x Samsung 850 evo 250GB  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Audio: Fiio E10 & Sennheiser HD558 Display: Eizo FS2333

My early gaming lead me gaming which nowadays needs a good PC so I did my research and became more knowledgable, before I knew it I was planning my first ever gaming PC. Know I just learn and teach :D, I live and breathe technology every day.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

The boxes. Nothing like a crisp, clean package ready to be jacked open.

Dat... profile... picture.... is.... AWESOME! hahah love it!

anyway I don't wanna go of topic lemme explain my story.

When I was small my mother use to buy stuff such as telephone calls recorders to record telephone calls she made, we had a light switch which allowed us to set the light intensity and also I believe we had allot of many other automated controllable things which I can't really remember and I always thought that this was REALLY COOL! Loved the fact that it is automated and you can control something but I don't think that this exactly lead me to this path, I found it extremely interesting but never thought that I'd be able to do such a thing myself (at least I think, as far as I remember which was like 14 years ago). I think the main thing that lead me to this path is still the same concept, the fact that you can automate and control, invent something yourself.

I started editing videos in after fx and sony vegas since I was around 9 years old mainly because I was able to create something myself, generate CGI with no huge hassle and think one day I wanted to create software myself, I wanted to create my own apps so thats when I sort of started researching how to do so and found out about visual basic, extremely simple to use and quiet a good start up software. But then I quite because it got to advanced for me and one day I wanted to automate runescape, create bots nstuff so I started researching how to do so and found out about injection, reflection. So i started learning java nstuff and how to hack which I found cool and from then on I sort of got bored of botting and started creating my own advanced software, games and got to the point where I knew so much Java that I was able to pretty much read and learn any programming language with no hassle and now I'm a 100% self taught programmer who was able to make a career out of it. THX INTERNET!

I got into to tech because i find it intriguing and at the time the most of the people in tech in my country would make you over pay for stuff and i don't like to be conned so i decided to study it and do it myself.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I remember when I was little, probably around 4 years old, I watched an episode of the magic school bus where they went on a trip inside a computer. From that moment on I was hooked.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

My dad is a computer programmer (almost 30 years!) he got me "hooked" when I was, like, five years old.

Never got into software, only hardware.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Me and my sister on da old PC messing around when I was like 6 :)

The beginnings....

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Well pretty much because of my old computer since I was young, that old thing would jam everyday, then I decided I should build my own PC, finally build my PC last year in June (Yes, it took me around 10 years before I build my PC, I'm 19 this year  :P) all I can say it's life changing ^_^

Intel i5 3470 | Palit GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 | 8GB Crucial Memory 1600MHZ | Crucial M500 120GB SSD | 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk | Thermaltake Smart SE 630W PSU | Sharkoon Tauron