What Got You Interested In Tech?

Jogostar

Hello Folks!

What got you interested in tech/pc's?

For me it was probably in the genes from the beginning. :P

Nah, but on a serious note, I'm really fascinated by tech and how all works. ^^

Thanks! :)

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

You be asking too many questions. You're bored, aren't you?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

always being that "awkward" guy...

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

You be asking too many questions.

getting suspicious right? :P

here we go again even though it started 30 minutes ago

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

getting suspicious right? :P

Not really; they're just very general questions with no thought put into them. Is your next question gonna be "What did you do today?"? :P

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

This is terrible, but my mother...

She worked in marketing for a large tech company in the 80s/90s so grew up around it :lol:

Not really; they're just very general questions with no thought put into them. Is your next question gonna be "What did you do today?"? :P

well, all other questions either have been asked, ot would lead to a lot of flame wars and or religious /political discussions. 

Built a PC for gaming, fell in love with the hardware :P

My father's career made sure that hardware was always a subject of wonder for me. I guess growing up with some early tech makes an impression on you later.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

I was screwing around on YouTube one day in 2012, and I saw Unbox Therapy's UGPC (Ultimate Gaming PC) project, and I got interested straight away. After seeing the Maximus V Formula that he unboxed, I thought that the Formula was one sexy motherboard. So, a few moments later, I searched "Maximus V Formula unboxing" on YouTube, and it came up with Linus as one of the top hits. I watched his videos, and became a bigger fan of Linus after every video I watched. So, that has lead me here.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Dear NSA, 

I got into tech through troubleshooting. 

Sincerely, A Playground Accessory  

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I grew up around PCs my Dad would bring the ones from his job I would play games with my mom....

And then I got back into PCs when I was looking at E3 don't remember what year but I got into like 2 beta games and I couldn't play them because my PC can't and couldn't run those games.

As for Tech when I got my first phone I was really excited and searched all around to find about anything and everything that to do about Phones,and that drifted off into other tech.

Man I remember rooting the 'old fashioned' way....

Always interested in tech, I was using DOS by the time I was 4, after that, I kinda grew up with Windows and saw the development from Windows 95 all the way through to Windows 8 now!

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

masterbated too much?

lol wut?

My friends did it and I jumped on the bandwagon

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

I really don't care much about tech. I just find Linus and Slick entertaining to watch.

I really don't care much about tech. I just find Linus and Slick entertaining to watch.

that's odd.

well but each their own. ^^

When I was considering making the switch to PC gaming. Searching up all of those hardware parts made me learn about what each part does, and it also led to me to quite a few YouTube channels - Tek Syndicate and LTT included. Watched their videos, enjoyed them, and I eventually just found an interest in general tech related things.

COMIC SANS

SNES emulating. Good ol' times back in early 2000s with ZSNES/Snes9x, Lunar Magic and no IPS patch...

• 2 weeks later...