Popular garbage music

tanner30577

Have you ever sat down and listened to a song that was on the top charts and ever wondered why it was on there because it was so god awful. Welp i have experienced way to much when it comes to the top charts these days. When i saw lil pump on the charts i was so sad and so mad that garbage like that gets on the top charts. What song made you feel this way?  *This is coming form a metal heads perspective that listens to bands like Metallica slayer periphery dayseeker and animals as leaders* its weird i like stuff from like 50s music to death metal.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

A lot of music makes me feel this way, but it has nothing to do with popularity. 

The Hot 100 has always been populated by an almost equal amount of terrible songs and good songs, seperated by a vast sea of mediocrity..

Frankie Avalon makes me feel diabetic from sheer saccharine, Rick Dees makes me wanna give up on humanity and Gregory Abbott is just plain bad.

And if we stray away from the #1 spot on the Hot 100, Six Feet Under is awful, Soulfly is garbage and Krigskygge (and anything else connected to Count Orlok) might be the worst musical project on the planet.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

i find american music from 00s are quite tacky, there used to be some good music in the 90s like backstreet boys. they are pop, and they are good. as for rap...im not interested in gangster guns chicks cops and moneys.

im a Muse fan tho, followed them from their first album.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

43 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Coming from an old-school raphead, hearing Lil Pump, X, whoever the fuck just kinda annoys me.

yes the new rap stuff coming out is terrible. I like old school rap I enjoy it.

7 minutes ago, Speed Weed said:

6ix9ine. I can't stand this skittles rapper who uses too much autotune. 

Well, at least we dont have to put up with him anymore. ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46278548

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P

Pretty much anyone that uses autotune heavily in their rap songs 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Any rap made after '00, and 99.9% made before.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Meanwhile...

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

When the #1 trending video/song on Youtube has 108 million views... and you're just sitting there watching it thinking "I don't get it, how is this popular?" You're old. 

I'll admit it, I don't get it. The song is boring to me and the girls look like plastic IMO with the amount of makeup they are wearing, so I can't even enjoy that part either.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I just ignore these types of charts and listen to electronic and some indie music, but i agree with you, its pretty much all garbage...

Spoiler

PC: Crimson DNA

CPU: Ryzen Threadripper 1920x | GPU: Titan X pascal | RAM: 64 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 2800 Mhz Motherboard: MSI x399 Creation PSU: Corsair TX850M Case: Deepcool Genome ROG certified edition | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman Elite + Razer Orbweaver chroma Mouse: Razer Naga

Laptop: Alienware 13 R3

CPUCore i7 7700HQ | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Monitor: 1440p OLED touchscreen

37 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

When the #1 trending video/song on Youtube has 108 million views... and you're just sitting there watching it thinking "I don't get it, how is this popular?" You're old. 

I'll admit it, I don't get it. The song is boring to me and the girls look like plastic IMO with the amount of makeup they are wearing, so I can't even enjoy that part either.

i think it's mostly self-empowerment. her last fiance pete davidson joked about calling off engagement, and there was some blame about mac miller's death. plus the bombings at her concert last year

Well heres my actual 2 cents on the topic. Its all entirely subjective to everyone. Does it really matter what other people listen to? Not really. What some people like will be trash to others and vice versa. Aka tldr

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

" the girls look like plastic IMO with the amount of makeup they are wearing, so I can't even enjoy that part either." 

This is why I have trust issue. 

8 hours ago, tanner30577 said:

yes the new rap stuff coming out is terrible. I like old school rap I enjoy it.

9 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Coming from an old-school raphead, hearing Lil Pump, X, whoever the fuck just kinda annoys me.

The farther you get from mainstream rap, the better it tends to get.

Mike Shinoda, Fort Minor, NF, Ivan B are all examples of this.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

Metal has acts like Baby Metal for that  Pop has top 40 artists for that.

Sure, bud.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I really don't care what's on the top charts, never did in fact, casually there's some new stuff i listen on the radio that i just shazam and listen at home but the situation is very rare.

I must say, i don't have the most impecable taste in music, i like some stuff that is considered bad (nu metal, for example) and i'm not fond of so considered "patrician music", i just like what i like and that's about it.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

20 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

I actually kinda like that Lil Pump song. The name « Lil Pump » already hints that you shouldn’t take this guy seriously. His style of music is based on repetition. And repetition is nothing new. I listen to weird repetitive indie bands like Deerhoof and Animal Collective so it doesn’t bother me at all. I think that this « Gucci Gang » song is hilarious! The lazy rhymes and this dude in the background screaming like a turkey always makes me giggle. A lot of people blame rappers like Lil Pump for the decline of rap music, but it’s just a fad. People still produce great rap music today, so there’s nothing to worry about.