Jump to content
Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EmNem543

Move LTX 2019/2020 to Florida/Georgia?

Recommended Posts

On 9/24/2018 at 1:32 PM, JoeyDM said:

Flights to Vancouver aren't that much. Why Florida or Georgia? Total shitholes. 

But...Jacksonville :(


Sabre - i7-8086K - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X - AsRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming K6 - 16GB Corsair DDR4-3466 RGB - 250GB Western Digital Black M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0x4 - 1TB Inland Professional SSD - 960GB SanDisk Ultra II - 4TB Seagate Barracuda - Corsair RM650i - Fractal Design Meshify C White TG - Noctua NH-C14S

 

Senketsu - i7-6700T - Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB Windforce - Gigabyte GA-B150N Phoenix - 16GB Team Elite DDR4-2400 - 240GB Crucial M500 - Silverstone SF450 - Enermax Steelwing Red - Rosewill RCX-Z300

 

Hypnotoad - i7-6700 - ASUS Dual GTX 1060 3GB - AsRock Z170AX1/3.1 - 12GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 - 128GB Samsung 850 Pro - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - Corsair CX550M - DIYPC DIY-J21-BK RGB case - Cooler Master Hyper T4 - Aigo RGB fans - RGB strip - Unicorn vomit

 

Sex Machine - i7-2600 - MSI GTX 1050 2G OC - Dell Vostro 260S mobo - 16GB Patriot Viper DDR3 - 240GB Inland Professional SSD - 350W KDM SFX Arson Box - Unmarked, unidentifiable, beat up old slimline-ish mATX case - Blue LED accents - Ready to reload like an atom bomb

 

Banzai - Pentium 4 2.8GHz (Socket 478) - NVIDIA GeForce 210 PCI - ITOX Mini ITX motherboard -  2GB mismatched DDR-333 - 40GB Toshiba 2.5" HDD - "250W" Kentec Flex ATX Arson Box - HP Slimline s3200n chassis - Windows motherf**king XP - Earplugs (and you thought the 115X stock cooler was loud)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 6:55 PM, EmNem543 said:

Linus should move LTX 2019-future to the southeast temporarily for everybody else who can't afford to fly/drive to Vancouver.

Because flights to Miami is definitely cheap. This is excluding all the hotels, facility rentals, and logistics of shipping all of their equipment from Vancouver to Florida. 

image.png.b8868c6c68e8d8ff8590503604ae6b25.png


AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Windows 10 Home  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 250GB WD SATA | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 7 Ultimate | Kali Linux

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (8.0) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Changing location to Florida? All the way from Canada?  Ridiculous.

 

Why risk hot temperatures and bad weather and going all across US with equipment to make event fun (case toss, all the other stuff they did...)

 

If anything, it would make more sense to move the location somewhere close to Seattle or Portland... balancing act between convenience/proximity to big place and rent cost of location (i imagine it would be more expensive to rent something in Seattle than a smaller town)

 

Rent a truck/trailer for a weekend and/or some kind of camper van for LMG people and there's highway all the way. 

US people should be able to buy a plane ticket in advance and get the plane tickets cheap ... I imagine plane tickets bought weeks in advance would be cheap.

 

Still, would be hassle with customs... and would such event be considered working in US? do they need work visas for a few days? Yes, you may say it's just fan meetup but as soon as you have some kind of sponsor doing an event at the meetup I imagine that would classify as LTT working with sponsor or something like that...

 

What's the legal way to do something like that...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 1:56 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Because flights to Miami is definitely cheap. This is excluding all the hotels, facility rentals, and logistics of shipping all of their equipment from Vancouver to Florida. 

 

Well, that's in CAD, so flights from anywhere south of New York are roughly the same, maybe $100 cheaper on a good day. But yeah it still makes the most sense for them to keep it close by.


F@H Team Rank: 51                                                              A single, faster GPU is better than two slower ones in SLI

 

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

 

My Truck --- 1998.5 24v Cummins || ECSB || 47RE, Goerend triple disk TC & shift kit || 4" Turbo Back, 22" KMC XD Bombs, Airdog II-4G Lift Pump

 

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Total invested: $360 USD (excluding 1080 Ti)

 

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:55 AM, EmNem543 said:

Linus should move LTX 2019-future to the southeast temporarily for everybody else who can't afford to fly/drive to Vancouver.

What about all the people in the Vancouver area?  If you really wanted to go you'd find a way to save up enough money to go.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 11:17 AM, mariushm said:

Changing location to Florida? All the way from Canada?  Ridiculous.

 

Why risk hot temperatures and bad weather and going all across US with equipment to make event fun (case toss, all the other stuff they did...)

 

If anything, it would make more sense to move the location somewhere close to Seattle or Portland... balancing act between convenience/proximity to big place and rent cost of location (i imagine it would be more expensive to rent something in Seattle than a smaller town)

 

Rent a truck/trailer for a weekend and/or some kind of camper van for LMG people and there's highway all the way. 

US people should be able to buy a plane ticket in advance and get the plane tickets cheap ... I imagine plane tickets bought weeks in advance would be cheap.

 

Still, would be hassle with customs... and would such event be considered working in US? do they need work visas for a few days? Yes, you may say it's just fan meetup but as soon as you have some kind of sponsor doing an event at the meetup I imagine that would classify as LTT working with sponsor or something like that...

 

What's the legal way to do something like that...

It's tough because having the event in Canada obviously works best for us logistically, but it can be a major hassle for both our audience and event partners, most of whom are based in the USA. Hosting the event in Seattle COULD help alleviate some of this, but from the info we've received it actually wouldn't amount to a ton more attendees showing up overall, so we haven't explored it much.

 

Maybe we'll have our Canadian LTX be the big thing but scale the event back just a tad to make it easier to host in places where the majority of our audience reside (East/West USA, Canada, UK, Australia, India). We'd have to ensure that there are still enough things for everyone to do to make it legitimately fun.

 

Who knows what the future will hold, all I can say is that 2019 is going to be SICK. I'm sorry if you can't make it (We'll be livestreaming a fair bit more so that will be good), but if you can, it's going to be awesome. For 2019, the event will be in Vancouver, BC, Canada. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:52 AM, CPotter said:

It's tough because having the event in Canada obviously works best for us logistically, but it can be a major hassle for both our audience and event partners, most of whom are based in the USA. Hosting the event in Seattle COULD help alleviate some of this, but from the info we've received it actually wouldn't amount to a ton more attendees showing up overall, so we haven't explored it much. 

  

Maybe we'll have our Canadian LTX be the big thing but scale the event back just a tad to make it easier to host in places where the majority of our audience reside (East/West USA, Canada, UK, Australia, India). We'd have to ensure that there are still enough things for everyone to do to make it legitimately fun.

 

Who knows what the future will hold, all I can say is that 2019 is going to be SICK. I'm sorry if you can't make it (We'll be livestreaming a fair bit more so that will be good), but if you can, it's going to be awesome. For 2019, the event will be in Vancouver, BC, Canada. :)  

How would import tariffs work for you bringing hardware? Delays for shipping? It seems like so much could go wrong if things don't arrive on time.

 

Maybe it might be easier to partner with a local youtuber (like TYC or Hardware Unboxed if you went to Aus)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×