Nvidia reps suggest 2060 and below will not have Ray Tracing support

AlTech
51 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

The 2080ti at least, they were using titan V's to develop RTX before then which is why the current RTX implementation only uses tensor cores, interesting note is that BFV is not using the tensor cores for AI denoising, they built a custom temporal solution. Once they offload the raytracing from the tensor cores to RT cores they could then implement DLSS and AI denoising.

Now that is some valuable information right there.

Kinda explains why Enlisted did so great on the 2080 ti (up to 130fps on 4k with RT) and BFV and Tomb Raider did so poorly.

Will be a fun few weeks on benches and a fun series of patch waves to adjust to the new technology.

A before -> after for Tomb Raider would be amazing. No idea how other games did so much better and Tomb Raider run like crap on the demo stage. Sure hope it is a similar reason to BFV.

1 hour ago, S w a t s o n said:

This is partly because the ray tracing implementation on BFV doesn't even use the RT cores yet. It's super, super unoptimized

People keep skipping over this part so I am going to repeat it. Unfinished games with unfinished drivers do not represent finished performance.

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Apparently DICE only got a hold of the RTX shit a couple of weeks before the RTX announcement.

That's right, but they'd been working with Titan Volta's since February I gather.

HAHAHA.. wooooh fuck nvidia

if you buy nvidia 2070/80/ti  for RTX congrats boi you got played by nvidiot

I almost tought a week will pass without negative nvidiot news, seems i was wrong.

10 minutes ago, yian88 said:

HAHAHA.. wooooh fuck nvidia

if you buy nvidia 2070/80/ti  for RTX congrats boi you got played by nvidiot

I almost tought a week will pass without negative nvidiot news, seems i was wrong.

Fuck Nvidia for... trying their hand at new tech?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I mean, that would make sense.

Ray Tracing is really taxing and a 2080 Ti likely won't deliver blazingly fast performance on it. A 2060 with Ray Tracing is just asking for a slideshow 

The only issue I have with the RTX is their relative premium over the GTX 10. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

11 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

If the 2080ti can barely hit 60fps@1080 who the fuck cares if the 2060 doesnt support it. What you seriously going to play at 30fps@720?

Ray Tracing is not optimized yet.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

Just now, Void Master said:

Doesnt matter. Its still going to be unplayable at 1080p on a 2060 

Just now, mynameisjuan said:
1 minute ago, Void Master said:

Doesnt matter. Its still going to be unplayable at 1080p on a 2060 

IT might be playable, but I do not care.

BFV open beta Ultra Setting And 1080p 60FPS with an rx580 8gb.

The game looks fantastic. So, ray tracing is THAT needed.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Just now, Void Master said:

I think you are missing the point. 2080ti ray tracing at Nvidias own demo was 60@1080. A 2060 would be like <20fps. 

Yeah your 580 is getting 60 but thats without ray tracing. The whole opposite of this thread

Just now, mynameisjuan said:
3 minutes ago, Void Master said:

I think you are missing the point. 2080ti ray tracing at Nvidias own demo was 60@1080. A 2060 would be like <20fps. 

Yeah your 580 is getting 60 but thats without ray tracing. The whole opposite of this thread

I am saying that I do not care for ray tracing .so just let it go !!

But I am saying that it is better to wait then talk about ray tracing .

2 minutes ago, Void Master said:

Ok well why are you posting in a ray tracing thread then?

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:
4 minutes ago, Void Master said:

Ok well why are you posting in a ray tracing thread then?

It is for the 2060 NOT supporting ray tracing

1 minute ago, Void Master said:

Correct, and my point is that it would play like shit with ray tracing so it matters little, but people are up in arms about it.

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:
3 minutes ago, Void Master said:

Correct, and my point is that it would play like shit with ray tracing so it matters little, but people are up in arms about it.

I think that it is better to wait for OPTIMIZATIONS

Nvidia's implementation of "ray tracing" is half baked at best, and a marketing ploy at worst seeing as this tech isn't ready for a consumer level. In a generation or two I figure that Nvidia will have their shit together, but the insane die size combined with the fact that their using pascal as a base shows that Nvidia is trying to pull a fast one on the consumers since this is going to end up turning into gameworks 2.0 (and we all know how well gameworks titles run on both red and green teams) due to the way Nvidia locks down everything down on the software side. I really hope that 7nm vega has a software ray tracing implementation that allows it to come close to Nvidia's rtx, but at a reduced price so Nvidia can pull their heads out of their asses.

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

CPU: R7 5800x3d (-25 all core CO 102 bclk)

Board: Gigabyte B550 AD UC

Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO

Ram: 32gb HP V10 RGB 3200 C14 (3733 C14) tuned subs

GPU: EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 (+120 core +950 mem 90% PL)

Case: Thermaltake H570 TG Snow Edition

PSU: Fractal ION Plus 760w Platinum  

SSD: 1tb Teamgroup MP34  2tb Mushkin Pilot-E

Monitors: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 (1440p 240hz), Some FHD Acer 24" VA

GFs System

CPU: E5 1660v3 (4.3ghz 1.2v)

Mobo: Gigabyte x99 UD3P

Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO

Ram: 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16 (3000 C14)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super 

Case: Phanteks P400A Mesh

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w

SSD: Kingston NV1 2tb

Monitors: 27" Viotek GFT27DB (1440p 144hz), Some 24" BENQ 1080p IPS

17 minutes ago, TheDankKoosh said:

I really hope that 7nm vega has a software ray tracing implementation that allows it to come close to Nvidia's rtx, but at a reduced price so Nvidia can pull their heads out of their asses.

They need to compete in non-ray tracing performance first. AMD is the one who needs to pull their head out

31 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

AMD is the one who needs to pull their head out

Please don't speak about the Holy Grail of PC Gaming like this. Remember that they can do no wrong. /s

Just wait until 2030 until they become viable again xD

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 hours ago, JediFragger said:

That's right, but they'd been working with Titan Volta's since February I gather.

Volta does not have RT Cores.

Of did I miss that info? Thought Volta only had Tensor Cores (not meant to do RT at all).

26 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Please don't speak about the Holy Grail of PC Gaming like this. Remember that they can do no wrong. /s

Just 2 years after the Vega patch finally brings it up to the promised speed? Woah! 

(sorry, could not resist. Don't bite me, I really love AMD, I just can't help me when it comes to taunting fanboys)

3 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

If the 2080ti can barely hit 60fps@1080 who the fuck cares if the 2060 doesnt support it. What you seriously going to play at 30fps@720?

And another one ignoring all the Stuff that is posted right on this topic.

60fps@1080p, without RT cores being used most likely. So more or less a representation of how it would run without RT, by brute forcing it.

Look up Enlisted Demo on Youtube. You will see a solid 100+ fps at 4k with RT on.

Edit, because this comes up SO MANY TIMES.

Timestamp is set at 2:28, at the start of the 4k Demo. FPS is shown at the top left all the time.

1 hour ago, mynameisjuan said:

They need to compete in non-ray tracing performance first. AMD is the one who needs to pull their head out

RTG doesn't have the R&D money that Nvidia has to just blow into stupid hardware implementations like "RT" cores. I would expect the new node and some architecture optimizations will be plenty to provide at least 2080 performance (keep in mind that in non ray tracing applications the 2080 will most likely perform around 1080 ti levels) at a much more competitive price around 500 to 600 dollars. If they can provide that by the end of the year while also implementing a sort of "ray tracing" that Nvidia has, then vega 7nm has the potential to disrupt Nvidia and create a healthy gpu market again.

38 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

I fully believe that AMD can do some stupid shit, most recent screw ups that I can think of would be vega frontier and the new athlon that they are releasing (due to not being unlocked), but the last time I remember AMD being great would be during the Hawaii v Kepler days. I fully believe that they have the potential to release a competent product now that they don't have to fight losing battles on 2 fronts from both Intel and Nvidia. 

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

GFs System

1 hour ago, mynameisjuan said:

RTG doesn't have the R&D money that Nvidia has to just blow into stupid hardware implementations like "RT" cores. I would expect the new node and some architecture optimizations will be plenty to provide at least 2080 performance (keep in mind that in non ray tracing applications the 2080 will most likely perform around 1080 ti levels) at a much more competitive price around 500 to 600 dollars. If they can provide that by the end of the year while also implementing a sort of "ray tracing" that Nvidia has, then vega 7nm has the potential to disrupt Nvidia and create a healthy gpu market again.

43 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

I fully believe that AMD can do some stupid shit, most recent screw ups that I can think of would be vega frontier and the new athlon that they are releasing (due to not being unlocked), but the last time I remember AMD being great would be during the Hawaii v Kepler days. I fully believe that they have the potential to release a competent product now that they don't have to fight losing battles on 2 fronts from both Intel and Nvidia. 

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

GFs System