Bethesda announce Fallout 76 after a 24 hour stream

ItsMitch
21 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

you don't know broken until you played fallout 3, i was getting lots of stuttering and crashing with a 980ti :S

Its hardly surprising the 10 year old game doesn't like new hardware. Also FTR it's much more likely to be your CPU causing the crashes. FO3 hates multi cores.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

you all do know tastes are subjective right? it's not like someone saying game x is better can be disproven by some mathematical formula.

that said 3 was the best, period 

Is it being developed by Obsidian or CDPR? No? Then not interested until at least 2 years after release and the modding scene has had time to fix it.

32 minutes ago, Taja said:

Wut? NV is pretty much considered the best one (of the "new" ones) - and it is so fucking amazing. Fo3 has some better stuff, but overall i think NV is WAY superior. Fo4 is different and also very good, I also played for +-200h

I'm not sure that poster meant it that way but I also would call it "Craptastic" because it was a fantastic game plagued and weighted down with a ridiculous amount of bugs to the point it was unplayable at launch.

So crap yet fantastic at the same time.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

Lel, I never though that I will see someone sharing the exact same opinion as me about Fallout.

I really tried to get into it but it's so broken its not even funny, I spent 2-3h just looking for and installing mods to fix the most basic things and even that was not enough.

That seems like a you problem. The game has some bugs but not to the extent you describe it. Also there is one unofficial patch mod that does the majority of the fixes so you shouldn't have had to look that hard if you are trying to look for a 3rd party solution. Anyways I honestly have played the game quite a few times and only encountered bugs like a couple of times.  

Just now, Misanthrope said:

I'm not sure that poster meant it that why but I also would call it "Craptastic" because it was a fantastic game plagued and weighted down with a ridiculous amount of bugs to the point it was unplayable at launch.

This is because Bethesda who contractually was responsible for QA, did exactly zero QA work before launch. This after they cut promised dev time by about 6 months a third of the way through.

1 minute ago, ravenshrike said:

This is because Bethesda who contractually was responsible for QA, did exactly zero QA work before launch. This after they cut promised dev time by about 6 months a third of the way through.

Well Obsidian had already a bad track record of buggy games before this so this was like adding gasoline to a small fire.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I just want 2 remastered to play nice with windows 10...

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Well Obsidian had already a bad track record of buggy games before this so this was like adding gasoline to a small fire.

Plus they were given 18 months to both patch the dumpster fire of an engine and build a game out of it

Just now, Ginger_ said:

I just want 2 remastered to play nice with windows 10...

It works fine for me? Do you force it to run on the windows 2000 emulator that 10 comes with?

I figured that's what it was when they literally had nothing else on their stream forever.
Posted a status update last night, but want going to sit in this screen forever and wait...

Screenshot_20180529-205543.thumb.png.0909e592c71d5ef0c0060546cfdb61c1.png

I'm not a fan of the Fallout series, but I like Elder Scrolls. All this tells me is that they're too busy with Elder Scrolls Online to make a new Elder Scrolls.

25 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I'm not sure that poster meant it that way but I also would call it "Craptastic" because it was a fantastic game plagued and weighted down with a ridiculous amount of bugs to the point it was unplayable at launch.

So crap yet fantastic at the same time.

Tbh, what you just said is really a summary of Bethesda as a company and everything they put out.

14 minutes ago, EPENEX said:

I'm not a fan of the Fallout series, but I like Elder Scrolls. All this tells me is that they're too busy with Elder Scrolls Online to make a new Elder Scrolls.

why not just play eso?

39 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

That seems like a you problem. The game has some bugs but not to the extent you describe it. Also there is one unofficial patch mod that does the majority of the fixes so you shouldn't have had to look that hard if you are trying to look for a 3rd party solution. Anyways I honestly have played the game quite a few times and only encountered bugs like a couple of times.  

Im not even talking about bugs, the mouse lag is insane, its driving me crazy.

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

why not just play eso?

Because it's 90% MMO 10% ES? It's a good game, one of my favorite MMOs, but it's hardly an ES game.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

Because it's 90% MMO 10% ES? It's a good game, one of my favorite MMOs, but it's hardly an ES game.

many hours of single player content and story lines

5 minutes ago, pas008 said:

many hours of single player content and story lines

Yup, WoW and GW2 also have those things. Some single player content and story lines != ES game.

While I do enjoy ESO, it's not the same experience I had with Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim.  I want to see the next single player chapter of ES.

I'm a fan of many things fallout. The artwork and atmosphere in the fallout universe I love. I even have a nuka cola poster on my wall. 

But apart from playing fallout shelter when having nothing better to do and angry birds* had turned to a crappy microtransaction ponzi scheme, no game have really made me start it up again after the first session.  :/

* Off topic af but at one point I actually had 100% in all the angry birds games.

Hard to believe they made 75 of these pieces of shit already

/s

Spoiler

But everything Bethesda makes is still shit.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Hard to believe they made 75 of these pieces of shit already

/s

Reveal hidden contents

But everything Bethesda makes is still shit.

ummmmmmm

28 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Im not even talking about bugs, the mouse lag is insane, its driving me crazy.

Ah it wouldn't be a Fallout game without having to install mods to fix the mouse lag.

3 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

ummmmmmm

The joke.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Fallout 3 was great for the time it came out, all the ambiance and stuff.

Fallout 3 new vegas was AMAZING at story telling and CHOICES and effects your STATS did (various answers and choices based on what you reply to NPCs and what you did MATTERED - liked or disliked by factions)

Fallout 4 is just more shooter, pointless building bases for the minecraft / sims people, answers don't matter much, all endings are kinda the same ... it's more washed out, more generic to me.

So i don't know what to expect from Fallout 76... honestly I'd like it to be closer to Fallout New Vegas but with a better game engine