Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Rifles are more fun than Bows ;)

Proper ones yes. Break barrel pea shooters.. Nah

Also this needs to happen

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

that's why I have a bow :P

Went shooting with a bow last weekend. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And yeah, it's fun.

918 :o we need some Porsches in here guys 
porsche-918-spyder_100439461_l.jpg
tbh i love the green brake calipers ..... i guess i just love green accents on cars :D

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Does it matter what type of freon I use to put on my AC system? Like, do different models of cars require different types?

Does it matter what type of freon I use to put on my AC system? Like, do different models of cars require different types?

is there diffident kinds? Also isn't freon dangerous?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

It is pretty much all R134a. There are some different ones with some seal conditioner which can help to prevent leaks for a while. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Am i the only one that is getting real tired of the "Hurr durr autos r shit" attitude on car throttle and almost all forums?

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Am i the only one that is getting real tired of the "Hurr durr autos r shit" attitude on car throttle and almost all forums?

Car Throttle is a community overrun by stupid little fanboys that either have never driven a car or think they know a lot about cars, because they play Forza Horizon and watch(ed) TopGear. One of the most vicious and hostile communities to be in.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Cat fight inbound...

#threepedalmasterrace

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Car Throttle is a community overrun by stupid little fanboys that either have never driven a car or think they know a lot about cars, because they play Forza Horizon and watch(ed) TopGear. One of the most vicious and hostile communities to be. 

I have noticed... Mostly a bunch of meme spewing retards

Cat fight inbound...

#threepedalmasterrace

Techswede used *Scratch*

"Hissss"

I have noticed... Mostly a bunch of meme spewing retards

Techswede used *Scratch*

"Hissss"

I do prefer a manual transmission for just about everything, but I understand why some people like autos.

It really doesn't bother me when people make a stink one way or another as long as their arguments are based in reality. The people who bother me say things like "a truck with a manual transmission ran over my bike when I was ten, so I hate all manual transmissions now!"

I do prefer a manual transmission for just about everything, but I understand why some people like autos.

It really doesn't bother me when people make a stink one way or another as long as their arguments are based in reality. The people who bother me say things like "a truck with a manual transmission ran over my bike when I was ten, so I hate all manual transmissions now!"

yeah, i mean that should give them somthing to hate; stupid people. Not mechanical stuff xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I'm mostly sick of the haughty attitude some people have about driving manual cars

There is always at least three manual gearbox evangelists in every thread where someone just wants to buy a car

I'm mostly sick of the haughty attitude some people have about driving manual cars

There is always at least three manual gearbox evangelists in every thread where someone just wants to buy a car

There are a lot of hard headed people when it comes to this kind of thing. Like people who automatically eliminate cars made by companies founded in certain countries...

There are more than a few of those, even in this very thread.

There are more than a few of those, even in this very thread.

I do it.

You can't slam people for having prior experience or having opinions.

System: Thinkpad T460

I do it.

You can't slam people for having prior experience or having opinions.

So you have bought ever car from every country? BS. 

That is like saying my Civic had a leaky power steering rack (fact) so I am going to trash talk all Japanese cars. It just doesn't make any sense. 

That is like saying my Civic had a leaky power steering rack (fact) so I am going to trash talk all Japanese cars. It just doesn't make any sense.

Way to put words in my mouth...

Maber you don't buy a honda again idk

Completely your choice...

System: Thinkpad T460

lol my dad's G35 went through an engine, its entire suspension (literally every bushing cracked lol), and has an oil leak at the rear main seal on the current engine.

I still love the car and a lot of other Japanese cars. xD

I'm kinda open minded though. I try to resist brand/country-picking and just pick out what I like.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I am making the point that a bad car even, does not condemn a company, and certainly not a whole countries worth of companies. 

"a truck with a manual transmission ran over my bike when I was ten, so I hate all manual transmissions now!"

Seems to me like the truck missed the target. :ph34r:

cE8XG4o.gif

lol my dad's G35 went through an engine, its entire suspension (literally every bushing cracked lol), and has an oil leak at the rear main seal on the current engine.

I still love the car and a lot of other Japanese cars. xD

I'm kinda open minded though. I try to resist brand/country-picking and just pick out what I like.

Probably just bad luck. Normally all Japanese cars are dead reliable. our protege has gone 250k, and many parts on it are original, such as the engine, transmission, clutch, suspension, and a lot of things.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Normally all Japanese cars are dead reliable.

*snort* Oh noo.. that's debatable on what's considered "dead reliable."

*snort* Oh noo.. that's debatable on what's considered "dead reliable."

Name a Japanese car that isn't reliable then.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D