Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Love it when some knob purposefully drives into you then proceeds to drive off laughing

received_371964384376765.jpeg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

You get their plate on cam or anything? In the USA hit and run is usually a misdemeanor charge, if it causes bodily injury it can be a felony with some states having mandatory sentences if it causes death.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

You get their plate on cam or anything? In the USA hit and run is usually a misdemeanor charge, if it causes bodily injury it can be a felony with some states having mandatory sentences if it causes death.

Got the reg and reported it but the chances of the police doing anything are very slim over here. They didnt even attend when we reported an attempted break in 

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Got the reg and reported it but the chances of the police doing anything are very slim over here. They didnt even attend when we reported an attempted break in 

Gross. Here you can usually report the plate with your insurance claim and your own insurance will go through the trouble of finding them and their insurance to sue to recoup their costs and sometimes refund you your deductible. Even if police won't get involved.

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

Love it when some knob purposefully drives into you then proceeds to drive off laughing

-snip-

😕 geez what a mess

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

23 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Gross. Here you can usually report the plate with your insurance claim and your own insurance will go through the trouble of finding them and their insurance to sue to recoup their costs and sometimes refund you your deductible. Even if police won't get involved.

Not gonna bother with insurance. Even if I only report it to them then ill get shafted for the next few years. 

17 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

😕 geez what a mess

Yep, fortunately just looks to be purely cosmetic

Looking much better today, polished off the paint transfer to see what the actual damage is, lower valance definitely needs replacing but bumper itself is saveable

20220220_164632.jpg

I’m gonna drive to Lake Tahoe in June. @AlwaysFSX sorry I didn’t listen to you. I just hate airports that much xD 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I’m gonna drive to Lake Tahoe in June. @AlwaysFSX sorry I didn’t listen to you. I just hate airports that much xD 

fair lmao

I am so sick and tired of torx 40 (N0160276) oil drain plug on my VW. I really want to replace it with a M14 bolt, any reasons why I should not do it? I am thinking a magnet should do the trick.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

14 minutes ago, Levent said:

I am so sick and tired of torx 40 (N0160276) oil drain plug on my VW. I really want to replace it with a M14 bolt, any reasons why I should not do it? I am thinking a magnet should do the trick.

I'd recommend a bolt as a magnet won't stick hard enough.

I don't know of any reason not to replace it, why's it so bad?

9 hours ago, Levent said:

Should be able to find a bolt that fits so you can use a normal socket. I have no issues with the torx on my dad’s A6 tho? Just get a new washer every time and replace the plug every few oil changes.

you could prob also suck the oil out of the dipstick tube if you want to go that route. VW’s after like 2010 are designed around doing that 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Should be able to find a bolt that fits so you can use a normal socket. I have no issues with the torx on my dad’s A6 tho? Just get a new washer every time and replace the plug every few oil changes.

you could prob also suck the oil out of the dipstick tube if you want to go that route. VW’s after like 2010 are designed around doing that 

For the third time it got stripped. I know I haven't torqued it super hardcore last two times around but I even snapped my torx40 bit this time around. Plus replacement is insanely overpriced (€10 for the plug, while I get 4 liters of shell helix for €15).

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

14 hours ago, Levent said:

For the third time it got stripped. I know I haven't torqu it super hardcore last two times around but I even snapped my torx40 bit this time around. Plus replacement is insanely overpriced (€10 for the plug, while I get 4 liters of shell helix for €15).

You're doing something wrong, just not sure what. Are you sure it's T40 not T45?? I'll bet it's T45. T40 almost fits but will try to strip it under even pretty low torque.

On 2/15/2022 at 5:14 PM, JoaoPRSousa said:

What it must feel like trash talking EVs

Spoiler

66f-1.jpg

Says someone who evidently didnt even watched the video.....

On 2/22/2022 at 6:13 AM, Levent said:

For the third time it got stripped

Now thats something i never managed to do (minus when i used to much torque ). But i did strip quite a few hex key, philips, and flathead bolts....

Edited by jagdtigger

3 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Hey be easy on him, he's disabled after filling his eyes with smoke from diesels.

6 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Now thats something i never managed to do (minus when i used to much torque ). But i did strip quite a few hex key, philips, and flathead bolts....

I have a cheap torx bit somewhere that’s literally visibly twisted but still works lol 

Spoiler

5 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I have a cheap torx bit somewhere that’s literally visibly twisted but still works lol 

That is why it's called "Torques"
;D

17 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

How do you know that? Do you have access to my history?
Did I or did I not watch the video? Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.
Do I even have eyes to do so? Maybe I do, maybe I don't.
Do I have a brain to process such information? Maybe I do, maybe I don't.
As AlwaysFSX clears up in the quote below, I may not function at all after consuming severe amounts of diesel smoke provided by shit lazy tuners. You may never know.

14 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Hey be easy on him, he's disabled after filling his eyes with smoke from diesels.

This gave me a good laugh.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

16 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

The coolant mist sent him over the edge.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 hour ago, vetali said:

The coolant mist sent him over the edge.

Old BMW owner 101

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Did we have any Ukrainians in here on the car thread? Wishing the best for those people. I know the odds aren’t high but I hope they come out on top somehow. 

Spoiler

On 2/26/2022 at 4:14 AM, bcredeur97 said:

Did we have any Ukrainians in here on the car thread? Wishing the best for those people. I know the odds aren’t high but I hope they come out on top somehow. 

Not Ukranian, but as someone who lives in a country that borders both russia and belarus... bit scary, but shouldn't be an issue for me as long as russia doesn't pull a full on war with the NATO
Currently it also seems that russia is not exactly winning so I have high hopes of this ending somewhat soon.

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO