Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

12 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Anyone who thinks coffee is better than hot chocolate and tea breaks my heart.

They are sort of equal to me. But i tend to drink quite a lot of coffee. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

That's mint. :o

1 minute ago, techswede said:

They are sort of equal to me. But i tend to drink quite a lot of coffee. 

I still can't get in to drinking coffee, even in Europe where it's better than the dirt water we have here.

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

One day i'll have one of those on my driveway too. (A local guy owns one and somehow we've ended up waving at each other every time we meet on the road)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

ikr ... according to the add it has only 25k km and costs 11.5k euros ... so simmilar-ish in USD

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

One day i'll have one of those on my driveway too. (A local guy owns one and somehow we've ended up waving at each other every time we meet on the road)

its surprisingly awesome 

also https://www.ss.lv/msg/lv/transport/cars/chevrolet/camaro/cibxh.html 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

7 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I still can't get in to drinking coffee, even in Europe where it's better than the dirt water we have here.

I'll probably need care packages sent from home when i move to the US xD 

Its a part of life in sweden by now. We do like our coffee over here

There is even a wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fika_(Sweden)

5 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

ikr ... according to the add it has only 25k km and costs 11.5k euros ... so simmilar-ish in USD

its surprisingly awesome 

also https://www.ss.lv/msg/lv/transport/cars/chevrolet/camaro/cibxh.html 

Its my second favorite gen of camaro. 2-3-4-1-5 is my preferred order.

Also find it quite fun that i can understand quite a bit of the ads. 

Don't like the convertible third gens though. They look a bit off

1 minute ago, techswede said:

I'll probably need care packages sent from home when i move to the US xD 

Its a part of life in sweden by now. We do like our coffee over here

There is even a wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fika_(Sweden)

I mean you can get good coffee here, it just costs you an arm and a leg.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I mean you can get good coffee here, it just costs you an arm and a leg.

I'd probably get a capsule machine like a tassimo or keurig when i move. 

Well... just got my first ticket ever. Speeding for 115 in 90km/h

Was driving with a group of cars (around 15 in total), all doing around 115 on a 3 lane passing stretch. I was in the left lane with 2 guys infront and 3 behind me.

Cop passed buy on the opposite side of the road. Pulled everyone in the left lane over. (all 6 of us). Decided to make an example out of me. Charged me with 25km/h over limit, and wrote everyone else some warnings. Wasted around 20 mins of our time just sitting there.

I explained to him that i was just following traffic. His reply was "any speed over 90km/h is against the law", and that I was the fastest car (BS). 

Im soo pissed. All this because my civic looks a little sporty. I was very polite to him, even put on my 4 ways.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

2 minutes ago, ShiftHitTheFan said:

Well... just got my first ticket ever. Speeding for 115 in 90km/h

Was driving with a group of cars (around 15), all doing around 115 on a 3 lane passing stretch. I was in the left lane with 2 guys infront and 3 behind me. Cop passed buy on the opposite side of the road. Pulled everyone in the left lane over. (all 6 of us). Decided to make an example out of me. Charged me with 25km/h over limit, and wrote everyone else some warnings. Wasted around 20 mins of our time just sitting there.

I explained to him that i was just following traffic, and was not watching my speed. His reply was "any speed over 90km/h is against the law", and that I was the fastest car (BS). 

Im soo pissed. All because my civic looks a little sporty.

That's pretty fucking stupid. At least give everyone a ticket if you're going to be a dick about that.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

13 minutes ago, techswede said:

Its my second favorite gen of camaro. 2-3-4-1-5 is my preferred order.

Also find it quite fun that i can understand quite a bit of the ads. 

Don't like the convertible third gens though. They look a bit off

i do like the 3rd gen quite a lot ... 

there is not much to understand xD 

yeah ... the convertible looks a bit off 

3 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

i do like the 3rd gen quite a lot ... 

there is not much to understand xD 

yeah ... the convertible looks a bit off 

My favorite will always be the second gen

CharleyCamaro002.jpg

But the third gen is great too.

A lot of the words are similar to swedish i mean xD 

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

My favorite will always be the second gen

But the third gen is great too.

A lot of the words are similar to swedish i mean xD 

it does look amazing ... and im not a fan of american cars xD 

are they? never really looked into swedish xD 

59 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

My new car is a 유 סוזוקי 01000011 417070 -.-. -.-. .. -. ---

Note, this is now complete but jumbled up.

Oh and different formats/languages.

Suzuki Cappuccino

"nothing beats a cup of coffee"

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

i knew I took that computer security class for a good reason! :P

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

13 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

O hello

you seem to be followed by a ton of sick stuff xD 

1 hour ago, Mister2010 said:

you seem to be followed by a ton of sick stuff xD 

Kinda jelly about that. 

Best I've got is Gabriel Iglesias follows me on Twitter 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

-snip-

sweet car. 

agreed. I love a good N/A build. 50 grand tho....

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

agreed. I love a good N/A build. 50 grand tho....

screencapture-autotrader-ca-a-BMW-M-Newmarket-Ontario-5_30235107_20161208210145815-1487038398371.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

So @vinyldash303 didn't believe me at first when I said my boot hard drive on my desktop had a ton of hours on it and it would probably be wise to replace it with an ssd soon lol

image.jpg

Spoiler