Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm fairly confident Toyota could make a better large truck than Nissan.

i mean the tundra has been on the market for longer than the titan, and i'm sure they sold more than the titan, so judging by their sales and how satisfied these cars are and how much they still sell for used, they are already better than nissan.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

i mean the tundra has been on the market for longer than the titan, and i'm sure they sold more than the titan, so judging by their sales and how satisfied these cars are and how much they still sell for used, they are already better than nissan.

I'd rather own a Nissan over a Toyota myself

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

8 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I'd rather own a Nissan over a Toyota myself

Tundra vs Titan, I take Tundra any day of the week, cummins or not. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Also unrelated but damn for a shit box of a car, the Renault drivers are pretty decent. I dont care much for Palmer but I have massive respect for Magnussen. Such a shame he doesn't get the opportunities other drivers do.

@MEC-777

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Tundra vs Titan, I take Tundra any day of the week, cummins or not. 

same here. i'd go with toyota because their cars are super reliable (explains why they have high resale values), parts are somewhat cheap, and they are quite capable. like the tacoma can offroad real well, and the tundra can tow quite a bit, being a gas powered truck.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Was talking to this guy at one point. Would have bought it if the front clip wasn't hacked up. Really hard to find bumpers for these around here.

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/5845801961.html

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

20 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Depends where in Ontario you are as well. members of our racing crew live up in North Bay and they don't have any emissions regulations/ no drive clean. 

@Midnitewarrior4 Where in Ontario do you live? (I'm near Markham btw).

ya,im about 2 hours from north bay in sudbury and nothing here for registering, there are shops but its mostly for bigger trucks like the semi trucks and stuff of that sorts

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Why the hell not get some opinions on my favourite forums eh? (and since there's a thread dedicated to Car enthusiasts) 

So basically in 6~ months time, I'll be getting my driver's licence and I would have roughly £1-2K to spend on a car. (I don't want to use my parent's car cause it's a merc saloon and well, I don't think that's a great first car eh?)

Obviously the car I'm probably gonna buy isn't finalised as there could be something that pops up later on but what do you guys think of this list of possible contenders? 

Mazda RX8

Mitsubish FTO (if I can find one)

Toyota MR2

You maybe thinking "hey, where's the typical hatchbacks first drivers get?" and my answer would be "the hatchbacks I like are ermmmm...a tad expensive/out of budget (like £10k+ out)".

Yes they are all Japanese cars but you know..I've got a soft spot for Japanese sports cars...which is why my favourite car is a Evo 7, 8, 9, X/10 :P (and blame Jackie chan and tokyo drift for it) and I personally find cars like the ford focus not very nice cars...

To be fair, any recommendations are welcome and I may end up getting a more sensible car when the day comes :) (in 6 months time and yes, I'll definitely be buying one as it would be my transport to le airfield...I'm an aviation guy, not cars...sorry :/)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

10 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

0ErZje2.gif

this is so calming 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

This is the route I'd go if I ever wanted to slam the Saab

http://ksportusa.com/b2c/proddetail.php?prod=CSA013-KP

man, i wish the van had longer transmission gears, or at least more gears. fuel economy sucks, even on such a small v6, because the gears are so short, even though it's got 4, so the engine is spinning too fast when driving on the freeway. at 70mph, the engine turns at nearly 4k rpm. that's a reason why fuel economy sucks.

9 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

trucks in general these days are ugly

im still waiting for that E92 M3 pickup...

whats this all about? is this a thing? did someone El Camino an E92 M3?

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Was talking to this guy at one point. Would have bought it if the front clip wasn't hacked up. Really hard to find bumpers for these around here.

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/5845801961.html

I'd stay away from that...  based on how everything else is hacked together, I full on call BS on "built motor"

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

5 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

whats this all about? is this a thing? did someone El Camino an E92 M3?

I'd stay away from that...  based on how everything else is hacked together, I full on call BS on "built motor"

plus, it even mentions ebay turbo.... if that doesn't make you shudder, then idk what will.

and it was only a oneoff, but someone managed to convert an e92 m3 into a pickup. an impractical one, but a pickup nonetheless.

12 minutes ago, terrytek said:

plus, it even mentions ebay turbo.... if that doesn't make you shudder, then idk what will.

and it was only a oneoff, but someone managed to convert an e92 m3 into a pickup. an impractical one, but a pickup nonetheless.

ebay turbo setup can be done, won't make as much power as normal setups, but it can be done.  But i'd never trust that buying from someone I don't know.  It'd have to be either someone I know that knows what their doing to something I do myself.

where's this pickup

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

13 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

ebay turbo setup can be done, won't make as much power as normal setups, but it can be done.  But i'd never trust that buying from someone I don't know.  It'd have to be either someone I know that knows what their doing to something I do myself.

where's this pickup

honestly even if it was a reputable seller, i still wouldn't trust an ebay turbo. they could still sell it as a cheap knockoff of a high quality turbo.

and it's been posted a while back, but i found it. http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/news/a29266/bmw-e92-m3-pickup-truck/

@warmmilk I think BMW made some renders of one at one point in time for an April fools joke. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

25 minutes ago, terrytek said:

honestly even if it was a reputable seller, i still wouldn't trust an ebay turbo. they could still sell it as a cheap knockoff of a high quality turbo.

and it's been posted a while back, but i found it. http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/news/a29266/bmw-e92-m3-pickup-truck/

I meant someone I know personally, that I know the history of the car

haha, that tail gate is awesome

Well my Infiniti sounds better. 

Not my video but you get the idea. Same engine same exhaust.

Stock at the beginning, then the Stillen cat back kit(same kit I ordered) until 1 min. 

Had my mechanic install it. It came in and I couldnt wait. 

9 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Well my Infiniti sounds better. 

Not my video but you get the idea. Same engine same exhaust.

Stock at the beginning, then the Stillen cat back kit(same kit I ordered) until 1 min. 

Had my mechanic install it. It came in and I couldnt wait. 

wow an exhaust can make all the difference. now it sounds like an actual v8. it sucks how manufacturers have to choke up such lovely sounds to meed emissions and sound tests. and i doubt you can ask the manufacturer to remove the mufflers per request.

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

wow an exhaust can make all the difference. now it sounds like an actual v8. it sucks how manufacturers have to choke up such lovely sounds to meed emissions and sound tests. and i doubt you can ask the manufacturer to remove the mufflers per request.

Its more like Infiniti kept the car quiet to appeal to their average buyers who probably at least 55. 

3 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Its more like Infiniti kept the car quiet to appeal to their average buyers who probably at least 55. 

yeah we have to remember that most people aren't car people and just want a quiet car. 

as to why they put a V8 in the M56? well it has to appeal to the car people too. It has multiple jobs. Can't win everyone.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

yeah we have to remember that most people aren't car people and just want a quiet car. 

as to why they put a V8 in the M56? well it has to appeal to the car people too. It has multiple jobs. Can't win everyone.

it should have bypass flaps, and with the press of a button, it should switch between purring kitten in town to savage beast on demand.