Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

17 hours ago, vetali said:

Milwaukee has been pretty damn good about backwards support. I got the snap on ratchet and 3/8 battery impacts. They're ok but holy shit the lights are trash, and they don't stay on after using the tool so you gotta constantly feather the trigger for the light. Makes inflator recalls pretty annoying. 

The one tool I want in cordless is a tire inflator, I've seen some shitty playskool looking ones from whatever the HomeDepot house brand is but I don't think they would last a week of real work. That would be pretty balla for work since we're always topping up tires here and there and outside it's a pain because air hose.

16 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Nice overcast day today so I got to clean the car that's been sitting dirty for too long and I got to clean the bike a little too!

Before:

Reveal hidden contents

qZTWwIL.jpg

2mWS359.jpg

rfgwcDe.jpg

CIEywLY.jpg

qKeNk5b.jpg

38ryWqn.jpg

RCwHu4b.jpg

And after:

Hide contents

JL0LRB9.jpg

nfK7bCz.jpg

1ZUaUBP.jpg

TDeBCLh.jpg

Anyone got some tips on how to get the wheels on my bike cleaner? And there was dirt super hard stuck on the cars sides that I didn't really get clean so any help with that would also be cool. Maybe pressure wash?

For the car try clay bar, for the bike try a wheel specific cleaner like Hot Rims from Meguiars or something like Iron Out if it's brake dust.

2 hours ago, arnavvr said:

Atleast that ones already got a fuckin nice house and pool and everything

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

14 minutes ago, Bitter said:

The one tool I want in cordless is a tire inflator, I've seen some shitty playskool looking ones from whatever the HomeDepot house brand is but I don't think they would last a week of real work. That would be pretty balla for work since we're always topping up tires here and there and outside it's a pain because air hose.

Yes that.

And someone needs to come up with capless valvestems. We have capless fuel fillers... valve stems would be the logical next step... right? 

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 16GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 / Dell SG2716DG / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

i5 2500K stock   /   8GB gskill sniper  /  EVGA P67 SLI Micro  /  EVGA GTX 660

12 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Thats opening bid price sadly

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

21 minutes ago, Bitter said:

For the car try clay bar, for the bike try a wheel specific cleaner like Hot Rims from Meguiars or something like Iron Out if it's brake dust.

the wheels on the bike are mostly covered in road grime and chain lube thats been drying for  ~6 months 😓

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play MTGA & watch anime at 720p...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee! The Cassette Deck!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

Thats opening bid price sadly

How about this one?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/50905-Fox-Trl-Granger-IN-46530/94581205_zpid/

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Needs more garages

1 hour ago, vetali said:

Yes that.

And someone needs to come up with capless valvestems. We have capless fuel fillers... valve stems would be the logical next step... right? 

They got things you thread on that do that. Called a flow through valve cap, you've never seen them?

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

They got things you thread on that do that. Called a flow through valve cap, you've never seen them?

Never seen those before, super cool

3 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

yeah but then I'd have to live in Indiana.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : Gloway 2400Mhz 8GB CL16 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

1 hour ago, arnavvr said:

yeah but then I'd have to live in Indiana.

Indiana > Commiefornia

7 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Except you're in the middle of nothing that is Northern Indiana and you're butted up against a creek with what looks like not much elevation rise from it to the structures. Even I'd pass on that location, too likely to incur flood damage or require expensive flood plain insurance and Elkhart, while a larger town in the area, is still middle of nowhere. The surrounding larger towns are all just Walmart towns too.

Yea, checked the IDNR flood plain map and that house is RIGHT on the edge of the 'you're an idiot if you build it here' zone and in the flood zone, hard pass.

@Real_PhillBert found your cousin on thr Tahoe/Yukon forum telling people they need to do 2,500/3,000 mile oil changes or their engines would blow up. 

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

@Real_PhillBert found your cousin on thr Tahoe/Yukon forum telling people they need to do 2,500/3,000 mile oil changes or their engines would blow up. 

With a GM product, that's probably true. /s

But seriously, although my oil change interval is excessive, I openly admit that you can go a lot longer with modern engines/oil/filters.

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID 0 + 2 x 2TB WD Green's in RAID 1 

39 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

With a GM product, that's probably true. /s

But seriously, although my oil change interval is excessive, I openly admit that you can go a lot longer with modern engines/oil/filters.

i think you like changing your oil so often because you want a reason to go play in the garage on saturdays.

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

i think you like changing your oil so often because you want a reason to go play in the garage on saturdays.

I mean, you're not wrong; I do kinda enjoy it. 

I also like the idea of regularly inspecting things under the hood and under the car, less surprises that way. I I have to justify all the money I've been dumping into tools lately haha.

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID 0 + 2 x 2TB WD Green's in RAID 1 

16 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I mean, you're not wrong; I do kinda enjoy it. 

I also like the idea of regularly inspecting things under the hood and under the car, less surprises that way. I I have to justify all the money I've been dumping into tools lately haha.

i changed my axle fluid yesterday over here at the coast rather than in the valley like i normally would and it was a bitch not having my usual kit. Forgot to get brake clean so i couldnt even really hose off all the dirt or wire wheel the mating surface. i wound up applying a thin coating of RTV to both mating surfaces to make up for the fact that i couldnt get them perfectly clean. Couldn't feel the little bits of gasket that were left over with my fingernail so really its no big deal. just not the most proud job i've ever done.

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

i changed my axle fluid yesterday over here at the coast rather than in the valley like i normally would and it was a bitch not having my usual kit. Forgot to get brake clean so i couldnt even really hose off all the dirt or wire wheel the mating surface. i wound up applying a thin coating of RTV to both mating surfaces to make up for the fact that i couldnt get them perfectly clean. Couldn't feel the little bits of gasket that were left over with my fingernail so really its no big deal. just not the most proud job i've ever done.

it'll be fine!

#Famous_Last_Words

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

6 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yeah I hate working on cars in unfamiliar places. I have a buddy who has a much nicer garage than I do, and he always wants me to come do my work at his place, but he has very little tools and I'm sure I'd forget to grab something and it would just end up making the project longer and more complex.

4 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

it'll be fine!

#Famous_Last_Words

No two and a half quart puddle of sadness on the ground so looks like we're good to go!

LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X + Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

5 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

No two and a half quart puddle of sadness on the ground so looks like we're good to go!

Rear or front? If rear, that’s a tiny pumpkin...

I drive a Honda, but i'm a Toyota boy at heart.

I use Apple products, and I like it.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-2820QM GPU: Intel HD3000/Radeon HD6750M RAM: 12GB(4GB Crucial, 8GB PNY) MOBO: Apple A1286 PSU: Apple MagSafe MONITOR: 1680x1050 CHASSIS: MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011) A1286